What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Funeral for my dad’s best bud tonight. One of the best guys I knew. Great to hear the nice things people had to say about him. All true. And that’s not just “after they die talk”. One of the 3 people who actually call me Mel irl. He was a freaking force with a huge personality.😔
    4og02ol4ysqz.jpeg
    Those military honors get me every time. And seeing his wife and other people dance at the end because it’s what he would have wanted.😭

And another funeral this Monday for someone only 44.

So sorry Mel 😞

Same. Sorry, Mel. That's tough. :(

Aw thanks ladies. It’s more his family than me that I’m sad for. Don’t mean to make it about me or anything. It feels surreal he’s gone and I feel like even he was far too young.

<3:(
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Oops , did I put too much garlic in my salmon risotto? Smells like I might have 😬

🤔 There's no such thing as too much garlic.

Hope you enjoyed that risotto cuz it sounded amazing 🙌🏿
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Oops , did I put too much garlic in my salmon risotto? Smells like I might have 😬

🤔 There's no such thing as too much garlic.

Hope you enjoyed that risotto cuz it sounded amazing 🙌🏿

It was deeeelicious 😃 and nope, not too much garlic
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,510 Member
    Options
    Why can’t my commitment and loyalty be matched?
    Is it really such a hard thing?
    A promise is a promise unless it isn’t really,
    then it’s just meaningless words.
    Why say the words if you don’t really mean them deep in your soul?
    Just a little lonely today.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I’m in the market for a new phone so tell me about which one is your fav.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

I have an iPhone12
    I’ve only ever had iPhones so I have nothing to compare it too, also the co. pays for them so….
    I like it a lot. ☺️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

The one with tech influencer reviews that cover how well the phone works...as a TELEPHONE rather than a camera. Or an app receptacle. Like how is the audio quality? Where are the speakers and microphone located so as to improve upon call quality or ambient noise reductions?

Still looking personally so, uhh, good luck.

Caveat: the preceding post was made by an Android-user which is synonymous with being curmudgeonly. YMMV.
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Cheapest Smartphone I can get. Currently, Android something or other for $60, which I think is too much, since the last was $29. I drop or step on them so often, to buy anything other than the cheapest is silly. Never had one last more than 1-1/2 to 2-yrs. This 6-mo model already has a cracked case, even though I purchases a protective rubber case to encase it. I'm the clumsiest person I know... I'm guessing that's never gonna change.

Aside from that, I can do anything on my phone that I need... listen to podcasts/music in the car, get online via Chrome or to email/text, set up weather alerts & 50 other things I use it for... I cannot imagine spending $1K on an iPhone, but regardless of how much $$ I have, I'm frugal anyway.

BTW, I had an iPhone with a previous job for about 2-yrs. It was a constant problem, mostly with a freezing screen. What an annoyance. That's my 2-pence.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options

I have an iPhone12
    I’ve only ever had iPhones so I have nothing to compare it too, also the co. pays for them so….
    I like it a lot. ☺️

I’ve been watching reviews and it’s on top of all the lists but a grand plus... 💀 I can only say “treat yourself” so much 🤔🧐
    I started out with androids, then a windows phone that didn’t support apps (I DIED missing out on the Pokémon Go craze, broke my little heart)
    Then got this super old Iphone SE but I have enjoyed it despite it being out of date. Perhaps I’ll get a older model than the 12 but more up to date than my iphone.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

The one with tech influencer reviews that cover how well the phone works...as a TELEPHONE rather than a camera. Or an app receptacle. Like how is the audio quality? Where are the speakers and microphone located so as to improve upon call quality or ambient noise reductions?

Still looking personally so, uhh, good luck.

Caveat: the preceding post was made by an Android-user which is synonymous with being curmudgeonly. YMMV.

I barely call anyone. 😅 I’m looking at the camera, storage, battery life. I’m a frivolous person and my phone is mostly just an entertainment device. 😅
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options

Cheapest Smartphone I can get. Currently, Android something or other for $60, which I think is too much, since the last was $29. I drop or step on them so often, to buy anything other than the cheapest is silly. Never had one last more than 1-1/2 to 2-yrs. This 6-mo model already has a cracked case, even though I purchases a protective rubber case to encase it. I'm the clumsiest person I know... I'm guessing that's never gonna change.

Aside from that, I can do anything on my phone that I need... listen to podcasts/music in the car, get online via Chrome or to email/text, set up weather alerts & 50 other things I use it for... I cannot imagine spending $1K on an iPhone, but regardless of how much $$ I have, I'm frugal anyway.

BTW, I had an iPhone with a previous job for about 2-yrs. It was a constant problem, mostly with a freezing screen. What an annoyance. That's my 2-pence.

Ya I’m usually frugal like this but I’ve been trying to indulge a little in the nicer things in life. Still not sold on my phone needing to cost more than my “professional-ish” camera I fretted over spending I think, $500 on. I’ll probably decide on something cheap seeing as I can just take any quality pictures or videos with my camera instead of investing in a phone.
    I paid $90 a few years back for this old af iphone se and it’s been fine for what it is and it’s been janky since I dropped it in the toilet last year. 😅 I just look at this thing and am like..... girl, you deserve better. 😅😅😅😅😅
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

I have an iPhone12
    I like it a lot. ☺️

I’ve been watching reviews and it’s on top of all the lists but a grand plus... 💀 I can only say “treat yourself” so much 🤔🧐
    I started out with androids, then a windows phone that didn’t support apps (I DIED missing out on the Pokémon Go craze, broke my little heart)
    Then got this super old Iphone SE but I have enjoyed it despite it being out of date. Perhaps I’ll get a older model than the 12 but more up to date than my iphone.

If they don’t have great 5G coverage in your area I’d say your not missing out on much with the 12 - an x or 11 would be fine
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Ya I’m usually frugal like this but I’ve been trying to indulge a little in the nicer things in life. Still not sold on my phone needing to cost more than my “professional-ish” camera I fretted over spending I think, $500 on. I’ll probably decide on something cheap seeing as I can just take any quality pictures or videos with my camera instead of investing in a phone.
    I paid $90 a few years back for this old af iphone se and it’s been fine for what it is and it’s been janky since I dropped it in the toilet last year. 😅 I just look at this thing and am like..... girl, you deserve better. 😅😅😅😅😅

k8xn0q98tb9a.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Why flash mobs make me cry. :)

I got bored last night so went through my saved videos on youtube and came upon a couple flash mobs I loved...which I will now be subjecting you to:

This was from Ohio State...I think they'd just won something sporty:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=HDNOB6TnHSI&list=PL8168E72F4F7CF2D6&index=2&t=174s

And this is Do Re Mi from the Sound of Music in Belgium. Sooooo here for the remix version:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7EYAUazLI9k&list=PL8168E72F4F7CF2D6&index=1
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    My coin collection is looking pretty…mint… again!

g1liqsncvazd.jpeg

I recognize the loonie
    Now you need the toonie...
    Canadian money sounds funny right 😅

And the American quarter.

Where are the rest from?
  • honey_honey_12
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I’ll keep my old books and my old money,
    thank you very much.
    I prefer to hold things instead of imagining I have them.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    If you want to bowling ball grouchy face me at least have the intestinal fortitude to tell me why. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I hugged it ^^^🙂