• litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,193 Member
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    litha_ wrote: »
    litha_ wrote: »
    @litha_ Today's eBay delight; I noticed somebody had stolen a bunch of photographs from my listings and were using them to sell their own products. This irks me because I spend a lot of time taking good pictures and touching them up with photoshop. I dropped them a DM.

Me: Hi, these images are copyrighted, please do not use them, if this continues I'll have no choice but to get your listings removed, thanks and kind regards.

Them: OMG IM FREE TO DO AS I PLEASE AND IM REPORTING YOU TO EBAY FOR HARASSING ME.

I want to say I’m surprised, but I’m really not. The audacity of some of these folks. It also goes against the T&C’s regarding photos and using another persons listing as a template for your own.

Have you thought about putting a watermark of your userid in your photographs? Like yourself, I take a lot of time to take what I think are nice photographs. I use a light box or try to get natural light. It takes so much time, so I can imagine the frustration when someone just steals your photo after the time and effort. 😡

How do you plan to respond with this particular individual?

I feel like eBay was better 20 years ago though. Less creeps. Maybe that’s only my perception though. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I'm glad you appreciate the time and effort, I too considered a light box, but some of my items are a bit too big (mostly full sized PCs, occasional circuit boards), I run a hardware repair workshop and I've cordoned off one corner to look more...showroom, just for taking pictures :D - away from all the screwdrivers and soldering equipment.

I'm looking into watermarking, yes, I have one prepared, just not sure I like the way it looks. Thanks for the tips though :)

Did you get feedback from the questionable buyer on the opposite coast?

@redux1985 - No. They won't leave feedback. I chatted with an ebay rep (not a bot) before sending the item. I tried to figure a way out of the deal without getting dinged on my rating because I was seeing red flags. Long story short, I had to send the item and wait just like you said. It was delivered last Thursday. I did find out though that the zero feedback buyer had used guest checkout, so that's why they had none and this is why I probably won't get feedback. I sent several messages to the buyer trying to communicate and they didn't respond. Ebay told me that if I did that prior to sending the item, I would be protected if the buyer was not genuine. I also paid for the signature by adult option just in case. Then they couldn't say a porch pirate stole it. Fingers crossed I'll never hear from them again.

I sell a lot on eBay and have had this happen to me as well. I just use a watermark in the center of the picture from corner to corner. I just make it enough that you can see it but won’t take away from the item. eBay won’t help with issues like this unless it puts their royalties at risk.

Yeah, eBay very seldom stick up for a seller. I did manage to get them to remove a listing with stolen pictures just one time, but it was a complex process involving filling out forms. I think a watermark may be the way forward.

@litha_ I suspected it would be a guest, in which case you will 99% of the time not hear from them again, so I guess all's well.

Yeah, ebay is definitely not on the seller's side in most cases unfortunately.

Canva or PSExpress might be useful for you regarding the watermark. I haven't used Canva for that purpose yet, but I have used PSExpress.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    I didn’t take the right kinds of classes in high school
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR7Lvsqh/
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    He shed his skin. All his freaking skin! And the rat is gone. It was a big night last night while I slept apparently.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    He shed his skin. All his freaking skin! And the rat is gone. It was a big night last night while I slept apparently.
    Ugh. Men
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Wascally_Wabbit Posts: 65 Member
    Options

OMG do you have a nope rope in your house? And you slept?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

She keeps spiders too
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options

Nooo not the rat 😭😭😭 I had high hopes for it 😢
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Options

She keeps spiders too

Those guys are cool. They have legs and I can understand how they move. And they don't do that tongue thing.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

She keeps spiders too

Those guys are cool. They have legs and I can understand how they move. And they don't do that tongue thing.
    Some people like that
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Options

She keeps spiders too

Some people like that

Nono, sneks do that tongue THING

some people like that tongue THANG
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

She keeps spiders too

Some people like that

Nono, sneks do that tongue THING

some people like that tongue THANG

Ohhhhhhh

I stand corrected
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Dulph lundgren. He's 65 years old now, his wife is 27 years old. I don't blame her because....
    https://youtu.be/Ng_me7eQdAA?si=PE0x_Dt3JWdu8dAW

What a beauty.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,113 Member
    Options
    Gutter Oil
    I had no idea and the saying “ignorance is bliss” comes to mind.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,113 Member
    Options
    Golly, 🥵😈😉
  • spacetreemonkey
    spacetreemonkey Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Was told today that I am large, and will still be large when I've lost weight. Thanks. Guess they were saying I have broad shoulders, am tall and have a larger frame. Didn't feel great though. Was also told by the same person that maybe having a large stomach is part of my natural shape and I shouldn't fight it. I don't think so.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Was told today that I am large, and will still be large when I've lost weight. Thanks. Guess they were saying I have broad shoulders, am tall and have a larger frame. Didn't feel great though. Was also told by the same person that maybe having a large stomach is part of my natural shape and I shouldn't fight it. I don't think so.

Some people don’t like to see you change for their own petty reasons. They will undercut you and insult you, and do it with a smile on their face and say they’re just being honest. *kitten* that.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options

Geez that's not an encouraging person at all!

I mean I get the frame I have broad shoulders and I'm tall for a woman and I have a tendency to gain muscle easily but someone pointing that out would be kinda douchy. Hope you can use this for motivation to prove them wrong and who cares if you had a larger frame you can still be fit and I'm sure lose the stomach. It's worth fighting to try
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Things that make me feel polished & put together:

Fingernails in a classic color

Earrings, yes, even hoops

A dab, just a dab mind, of perfume

Groomed eyebrows, not over-plucked or
    laminated, but just shaped and brushed

A clean, moisturized face with or without makeup

Allowing plenty of time for grooming, even if it’s a basic kind of day
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 483 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    What kind self respecting establishment runs out of bacon?
    Then has the nerve to offer “Canadian bacon” as a substitute.

Someone is getting throat punched!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I was going to post song lyrics but I would have had to blur out almost half the words