What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My grandmother’s cuckoo clocks & hummel figurines. A nod to her Germanness or souvenirs brought back by American GIs? or both?
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 265 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    What kind self respecting establishment runs out of bacon?
    Then has the nerve to offer “Canadian bacon” as a substitute.

Someone is getting throat punched!

Fun (kinda, not really) fact: we don't call it Canadian bacon here, we call it back bacon, or sometimes peameal bacon (although technically, even that's not right anymore).
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options

Fun (kinda, not really) fact: we don't call it Canadian bacon here, we call it back bacon, or sometimes peameal bacon (although technically, even that's not right anymore).

Isn't back bacon more of a ham though? Like you'd get on an egg McMuffin

Back bacon is our thing exclusively i think and peameal is localized even more cause it originated in Toronto at the st Lawrence market....mmmm now I want to get a peameal in a bun. Yummmmm
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

Isn't back bacon more of a ham though? Like you'd get on an egg McMuffin

Back bacon is our thing exclusively i think and peameal is localized even more cause it originated in Toronto at the st Lawrence market....mmmm now I want to get a peameal in a bun. Yummmmm

I think ham comes from a pig's bottom but back bacon comes from the back. And peameal is back bacon but they've cured it, I think -- but I know people have used peameal and back bacon interchangeably even though they're technically different in how they're made
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,193 Member
    Options
    My dog, her eye & the vet staff who squeezed her in for an urgent care appointment this afternoon.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options
    I was walking from Starbucks to my work this morning and a man that I passed spoke to me but I couldn't hear him so I took my earbud out and said, "sorry?"

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

"Do you like the [local gardens place]?"

"No. I don't," which was a *kitten* ridiculous answer because everyone loves them, they're beautiful, but I was so confused as to what was happening. Why was I being asked for cans? Did he mean my tits? Did he mean real cans of food? No idea.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Green bell peppers are not delicious like red bell peppers.
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Wascally_Wabbit Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I find them rather bland and use jalapenos if I want green in there. Makes a party with sweet reds and yellers.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I was walking from Starbucks to my work this morning and a man that I passed spoke to me but I couldn't hear him so I took my earbud out and said, "sorry?"

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

"No. I don't," which was a *kitten* ridiculous answer because everyone loves them, they're beautiful, but I was so confused as to what was happening. Why was I being asked for cans? Did he mean my tits? Did he mean real cans of food? No idea.

You can say tits here?
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

Apparently! I thought it would be kittened out
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

Apparently! I thought it would be kittened out

Somebody in the kitten department kittened up
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I find them rather bland and use jalapenos if I want green in there. Makes a party with sweet reds and yellers.

spicy

I just cut my bell peppers into strips and eat them plain as a snack. I don’t think I would like jalapeños that way.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

Just checking :)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

😂 thank you 🤣
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

😂 thank you 🤣

I do what I can. :)

(And they should make zippered wrist pouches in the style of wonder woman's wrist cuffs cuz I'm shopping for some and that's what I keep thinking about.)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

😂 thank you 🤣

I do what I can. :)

(And they should make zippered wrist pouches in the style of wonder woman's wrist cuffs cuz I'm shopping for some and that's what I keep thinking about.)

Like a corsage. I’ve been meaning to get a pincushion like that.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My colleague had a meeting with some clients yesterday – a woman and her husband. From all the way upstairs, I could hear them on the main floor when the woman said, “I’m sorry for staring, but you have the most penetrating blue eyes.” so now we can’t leave him alone about it
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

Kinda surprised the fifth one didn't work.

Edit: Also surprised these words even exist in @glassyo 's innocent mind. :o
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

Kinda surprised the fifth one didn't work since it's two words grafted together.
    Wait. What? How can you tell? Can you see it when you quote? Because I can’t. Are you *kitten* with me? Don’t take advantage of my gullibility.

Also, glassyo is quite feisty
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

"Do you have any cans?"

"...No. Sorry."

You can say tits here?

*kitten*
    Piss
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    *kitten*
    Tits

Kinda surprised the fifth one didn't work since it's two words grafted together.
    Wait. What? How can you tell? Can you see it when you quote? Because I can’t. Are you *kitten* with me? Don’t take advantage of my gullibility.

Also, glassyo is quite feisty

I see all.