What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    I signed up for two professional development classes on the same day. I guess I’ll be leaving purchasing 15 minutes early to get to CPR.

At least you’ll be very professional ;)!

Thinking about what the purpose is in life and how I can discover what it is (if there even is a purpose) .. :o

I’ll seem professional…which might be the same thing

You’ll make yourself crazy with questions like that.

Fake it until you make it lol! o:)

Nah, I hate the false idea of what is “professional.” I’ve faked things in the past & I don’t have the energy anymore. I do my job. I’m pretty good at it. I keep learning. But I won’t glad hand anyone
    Sometimes my mind never stops ..

I hope you get some rest 😊

• itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I pushed surgery into December so I didn’t have to cancel a trip to see my son. Gives me extra time to prepare. I need to stop being a couch potato, and get *kitten* done. Focus on what I can do. Not what I can’t.

Mindset shifts are hard especially after a series of setbacks but imho & fwiw I think you’re going about it the right way.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options
    I pushed surgery into December so I didn’t have to cancel a trip to see my son. Gives me extra time to prepare. I need to stop being a couch potato, and get *kitten* done. Focus on what I can do. Not what I can’t.

Mindset shifts are hard especially after a series of setbacks but imho & fwiw I think you’re going about it the right way.

Thank you ❤️ The first holidays without my dad was already going to be a struggle. Having to deal with physical pain (recovery) on top of emotional pain is going to be tough.
    Gotta dig deep. I feel his strength growing inside of me. I got this…

Got damn right you got this -
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I saw someone I mostly know from the gym wearing real clothes and it was borderline shocking.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    All the things I’m trying very hard not to worry about.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    So far today I’ve told someone I don’t need my car in order to hit them, and I’ve torn my trousers & had to go home to change. I still feel good. Come at me bro.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,551 Member
    Options
    So far today I’ve told someone I don’t need my car in order to hit them, and I’ve torn my trousers & had to go home to change. I still feel good. Come at me bro.

Were the first two things related, @itchmyTwitch ? 😆
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

😁 It has been suggested that perhaps it was instant Karma for my being a *kitten*. If that’s true, then I much prefer it to waiting for the sword to drop.
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,551 Member
    Options

😁 It has been suggested that perhaps it was instant Karma for my being a *kitten*. If that’s true, then I much prefer it to waiting for the sword to drop.

Ohhhh, I was picturing you tearing them by taking them down

ca9ovo4r0tsz.gif

• This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    That Damocles was a hanger on/ flatterer at the court of King Dionysius of Syracuse. Always thought he was the ruler. Changes meaning of anecdote. Internet makes me more smarter again.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Ohhhh, I was picturing you tearing them by taking them down

ca9ovo4r0tsz.gif

This is how I was picturing it in my head too. In reality they scurried away.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,181 Member
    Options
    My mom keeps giving me candles and more candles. So now I burn candles like it’s my job.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    I gave 18 years of my life to that man. And he just broke up with me. My ob/gyn is retiring. How dare he.😭💔
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,849 Member
    Options
    @MelG7777 is on my mind. Always ❤️
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,325 Member
    Options
    My cancer drive today told me her cancer was cause by the WiFi, usually they tell me they don't actually have cancer.
    I had a nice chat with the security guard at the hospital. Figured if I chatted then he wouldn't shoo me away like he was others for leaving their cars and waiting in the pick up area.
    It was clear and sunny today so why was there an accident blocking my route where an SUV was lodged in a fence?
  • Wascally_Wabbit
    Wascally_Wabbit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

She be busy
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    This amuses me
    5bhq40pxks7v.jpeg
  • MelG7777
    Options

🥹🥰😘😭

She be busy
    Never TOO busy though.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,995 Member
    Options
    A plethora of issues.
    Bouncing around inside my head like a pinball.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options
    A plethora of issues.
    Bouncing around inside my head like a pinball.

Are you a pinball wizard ?