What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    When they become upper management & start “explaining” the “reasons” for unjust & shady practices that don’t even benefit them personally but put more profit in already soft & wealthy hands & it makes me sad because I remember where they come from even if they don’t

It’s called becoming a company man. I see this too and it can be very disappointing when it use to be someone you respected.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    When they become upper management & start “explaining” the “reasons” for unjust & shady practices that don’t even benefit them personally but put more profit in already soft & wealthy hands & it makes me sad because I remember where they come from even if they don’t

It’s called becoming a company man. I see this too and it can be very disappointing when it use to be someone you respected.

I think when you work for anyone other than yourself it’s easy to fall into playing the ‘company
    man’ role - in my own personal experience - I didn’t go to college - I barely graduated high school tbh - and never pursued any real skills - I took whatever job I could get and worked my way up at each job - I’ve never wanted to be in mgmt myself as I’ve never wanted to be in charge of another adult - but still promoted to Better paying roles in each place I’ve worked - wht I’m saying is I think some folks myself included are terrified of losing their current gig or having to find a new gig and will modify their normal principles for a better paycheck to support themselves and their families- so long as it’s legal of course - idk if that makes any sense at all - but it prolly weighs on them too
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

wht I’m saying is I think some folks myself included are terrified of losing their current gig or having to find a new gig and will modify their normal principles for a better paycheck to support themselves and their families- so long as it’s legal of course - idk if that makes any sense at all - but it prolly weighs on them too

It makes a lot of sense which is why it's common behavior. However, when that behavior seeps out on a macro level, affecting those in powerful, influential positions, problems are created that will take years to solve, if solvable at all. Who knows?
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

I think when you work for anyone other than yourself it’s easy to fall into playing the ‘company
    man’ role - in my own personal experience - I didn’t go to college - I barely graduated high school tbh - and never pursued any real skills - I took whatever job I could get and worked my way up at each job - I’ve never wanted to be in mgmt myself as I’ve never wanted to be in charge of another adult - but still promoted to Better paying roles in each place I’ve worked - wht I’m saying is I think some folks myself included are terrified of losing their current gig or having to find a new gig and will modify their normal principles for a better paycheck to support themselves and their families- so long as it’s legal of course - idk if that makes any sense at all - but it prolly weighs on them too
    Brigit_1 wrote: »

wht I’m saying is I think some folks myself included are terrified of losing their current gig or having to find a new gig and will modify their normal principles for a better paycheck to support themselves and their families- so long as it’s legal of course - idk if that makes any sense at all - but it prolly weighs on them too

It makes a lot of sense which is why it's common behavior. However, when that behavior seeps out on a macro level, affecting those in powerful, influential positions, problems are created that will take years to solve, if solvable at all. Who knows?

It’s gratifying to know other people consider these things. Thank you all
  • cowsfan12
    Options

I don’t think it’s solvable unfortunately - unless we have another flood or ice age or whatever and start from scratch maybe.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options

Well said !
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I've recently (a week ago) picked up a hobby of crafting. It all started with an adorable wine cork angel I saw on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a try. Can we talk about how excited I was about my first finished product?! Yes? Ok! So excited, and actually pretty proud of myself....until I sent a pic to my niece. She responded with a dying laughing emoji. And proceeded to tell me that she thought it was a ___. You can figure it out for yourself 9ahiwmzc6z9q.jpg

I saw an unsolicited meme like this earlier today
  • Brigit_1
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I've recently (a week ago) picked up a hobby of crafting. It all started with an adorable wine cork angel I saw on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a try. Can we talk about how excited I was about my first finished product?! Yes? Ok! So excited, and actually pretty proud of myself....until I sent a pic to my niece. She responded with a dying laughing emoji. And proceeded to tell me that she thought it was a ___. You can figure it out for yourself 9ahiwmzc6z9q.jpg

LOL! Let's hope this pic doesn't get banned. 😂

(BTW this is my favorite post of the day🏆)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Driving to the boys school today and 5 emergency vehicles flew past me. I messaged him to make sure the school was ok then found out it was an apartment on fire on the way to the school. Hopefully the lady they found in the apartment is ok. There were a lot of firetrucks there
  • Brigit_1
    Options

LOL! Let's hope this pic doesn't get banned. 😂

(BTW this is my favorite post of the day🏆)

I'll dig it out of the trash and mail it to you ☺️

OK. I'll put it on my tree. It'll be conversation piece.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,731 Member
    Options
    Oh Canada, 😂
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It’s only 9am and I’m already having a terrible day. Yet another night of insomnia, excruciating period cramps that heat/extra strength Tylenol are barely even touching, and now my work computer refuses to save any of my work so it looks like I have to go into the office between the multiple medical appointments I have today. On the verge of a panic attack because I feel so overwhelmed and don’t know how to handle all of this at once
  • Brigit_1
    Options
    Tide is turning.

I can feel it.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    There is a mouse in my house and my sister is marshaling the cat troops and giving them orders to do their job. It’s weird.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 456 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Trying to understand why the guy next to me has BO that smells like vegetable soup
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Trying to understand why the guy next to me has BO that smells like vegetable soup

Maybe it reminds him of his moms famous veggie soul??
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Why are my cakes taking so long to bake???