What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    A truck rode my *kitten* for about 10 miles on my way home from work. He then pulls in behind me as I turn into my driveway, gets out of his truck and approaches my driverside window to let me know that my driving lights were not working. WHAT made you think that was a good idea?! I was alone, it's pitch black outside, and you scared the *kitten* out of me. 😭

I don’t think I’d follow someone to their house - but if you pulled into a gas station or other public place I might turn in and just roll my window down to let you know - I could see how that would be a creepy situation for you
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    A truck rode my *kitten* for about 10 miles on my way home from work. He then pulls in behind me as I turn into my driveway, gets out of his truck and approaches my driverside window to let me know that my driving lights were not working. WHAT made you think that was a good idea?! I was alone, it's pitch black outside, and you scared the *kitten* out of me. 😭

I don’t think I’d follow someone to their house - but if you pulled into a gas station or other public place I might turn in and just roll my window down to let you know - I could see how that would be a creepy situation for you

This is way better. ❤️

But still be careful of freaking out women in gas stations and parking lots. Those can be scary places for us. I know you and I know that your intentions are good, but for someone who doesn’t know you, it can be really tough to gauge the situation.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

This is way better. ❤️

But still be careful of freaking out women in gas stations and parking lots. Those can be scary places for us. I know you and I know that your intentions are good, but for someone who doesn’t know you, it can be really tough to gauge the situation.

Very true
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

This is way better. ❤️

💯

I had a guy follow me to my car when I was 18. He knocked on my window to offer me money to "buy myself something because he thought I was was so beautiful." I'd love to tell you that I rolled my window down, punched him in the face, then drove off with his dirty money. Instead...I cried all the way home.

I read this a few times then sat with it and tried to imagine what that must have felt like. I am sure there are nuances to this situation that a guy just can't grasp. I appreciate you sharing, and my heart goes out to the 18 year old you.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

This is way better. ❤️

💯

I had a guy follow me to my car when I was 18. He knocked on my window to offer me money to "buy myself something because he thought I was was so beautiful." I'd love to tell you that I rolled my window down, punched him in the face, then drove off with his dirty money. Instead...I cried all the way home.

I read this a few times then sat with it and tried to imagine what that must have felt like. I am sure there are nuances to this situation that a guy just can't grasp. I appreciate you sharing, and my heart goes out to the 18 year old you.

I’m not trying to be dramatic, and I know some men are skeptical of what I’m about to say, but most women have multiple stories like this going back to childhood. I was 14 the first time an absolute stranger propositioned me on the street.

So often the recriminations are to the woman of why were you there and what were you wearing and you should’ve known better. And very seldom does anyone say to the man what the *kitten* were you thinking.

Many of us have learned to be skeptical of all strange men rather than take the risk. In my opinion, the genuinely good men understand this very logical fear, and make accommodations for it.

ETA: Ted talk, thank you, etc. etc.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

I'd blow out all my headlights if you'd just follow me home.

I’ll bring the pizza and Pepsi -
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

This is way better. ❤️

💯

I’m not trying to be dramatic, and I know some men are skeptical of what I’m about to say, but most women have multiple stories like this going back to childhood. I was 14 the first time an absolute stranger propositioned me on the street.

So often the recriminations are to the woman of why were you there and what were you wearing and you should’ve known better. And very seldom does anyone say to the man what the *kitten* were you thinking.

Many of us have learned to be skeptical of all strange men rather than take the risk. In my opinion, the genuinely good men understand this very logical fear, and make accommodations for it.

I'm just gonna hug this post. I'm sorry I brought the whole vibe into such a dark direction today. ❤️

I’m not sad. It feels good to have these conversations with intelligent and compassionate human beings.😊
  • jbs116
    Options

This is way better. ❤️

💯

I'm just gonna hug this post. I'm sorry I brought the whole vibe into such a dark direction today. ❤️

I’m not sad. It feels good to have these conversations with intelligent and compassionate human beings.😊

This
  • cowsfan12
    Options

This is way better. ❤️

💯

Word - to ya motha
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Wishing i had saved some PTO for this week - it’s dead so the day will dragggg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Wishing i had saved some PTO for this week - it’s dead so the day will dragggg

Ugh. Here too.
  • jbs116
    Options
    The longer the 3 dots persist the more anxious I get.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

😂 the way i interrupt & say “what!”
  • jbs116
    Options

or... "send a *kitten* email will you!!!" 🤣
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

or... "send a *kitten* email will you!!!" 🤣

Right? Nobody needs to be texting that long. Although I do have one friend who sends truly delicious voice messages. I gladly wait for those.