Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    The strongman competition were watching. It's oddly fascinating
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    I think I have been eating too much real food lately because this jerky is salty AF
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,185 Member
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »
    Home Alone is a terrific Christmas movie, but as an adult, I'd be lying if I didn't say that the level of violence Kevin inflicts on his enemies is quite shocking. That kid's mind is the work of the devil, and nothing will convince me that he is anything other than a fully fledged psychopath.
    Well his dad was in the mob, so……he was probably around that his whole life. Preparing for the family business.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    redux1985 wrote: »
    Home Alone is a terrific Christmas movie, but as an adult, I'd be lying if I didn't say that the level of violence Kevin inflicts on his enemies is quite shocking. That kid's mind is the work of the devil, and nothing will convince me that he is anything other than a fully fledged psychopath.
    Well his dad was in the mob, so……he was probably around that his whole life. Preparing for the family business.
    THAT’S the theory I was trying to remember
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Mom’s in hospital with a spine infection. I think I’ll book a flight

Oh I hope she recovers quickly❤️
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 758 Member
    Options

Oh no! I have never heard of a spine infection. Hoping it is something that can be knocked out quickly with meds. Praying for you and your mom right now.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

🙏 ❤️ I'll be thinking of you
    Tengu🤗
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Oh I hope she recovers quickly❤️
    Thank you bebe ❤️
    jbs116 wrote: »

Oh no! I have never heard of a spine infection. Hoping it is something that can be knocked out quickly with meds. Praying for you and your mom right now.
    Thank you. She’s got a knack for getting weird things. It’s osteomyelitis

• itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I’ll play it by ear depending on her condition because I’d really like to spend some time with her when they send her home in a week or so. It looks like she will have a picc line. I just hope she doesn’t pick up anything else in the hospital.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear twitch - hope she’s on the mend soon
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I’ll play it by ear depending on her condition because I’d really like to spend some time with her when they send her home in a week or so. It looks like she will have a picc line. I just hope she doesn’t pick up anything else in the hospital.

I wish your mother well.
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Tesla attack robots
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I made too many plans for myself today & my brain is rebelling
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    In my mind, it’s not a comparison between Paul and Apollos because who even knows who Apollos is anymore but it’s a comparison between Paul and Jesus. Hands-down, Jesus wins. Paul would agree with that, not that I take his word for anything
  • jbs116
    Options
    In my mind, it’s not a comparison between Paul and Apollos because who even knows who Apollos is anymore but it’s a comparison between Paul and Jesus. Hands-down, Jesus wins. Paul would agree with that, not that I take his word for anything

Exegetical Friday!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Exegetical Friday!

It’s sort of funny how much space this information still takes up in my brain and how I can still argue it fairly well. I was never really allowed to do that because you know Paul wouldn’t like it.
  • jbs116
    Options

Exegetical Friday!

It’s sort of funny how much space this information still takes up in my brain and how I can still argue it fairly well. I was never really allowed to do that because you know Paul wouldn’t like it.

I get that. I used to weaponize this stuff to win arguments. I much prefer discussion, openness, and wonder these days. I don't get the "Paul wouldn't like it" bit, but it will probably occur to me later after more coffee.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Exegetical Friday!

I get that. I used to weaponize this stuff to win arguments. I much prefer discussion, openness, and wonder these days. I don't get the "Paul wouldn't like it" bit, but it will probably occur to me later after more coffee.
    Oh, it’s not that serious. I was just referring to Paul’s admonition for women not to teach men and not to have authority over them. I don’t follow that philosophy whatsoever and though I think there are some lovely teachings and lovely poetry and lovely metaphors there is also genocide and sexual assault and terrible injustice & I don’t actually believe Christianity. It is my heritage & culture & my birthright, however, so I feel free in talking about it and making use of it and pointing out the hypocrisies of some of the people who claim to follow it.