What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    The fact that I can't see myself growing old. I can't picture me being around to see my kids grow up. I don't even see myself a year from now. It's interesting to me. That's what's on my mind.

Are you able to visualize an image in your head? My fiance got frustrated with me one day when I lost something, he told me to close my eyes and visualize where I left it. I can't do that. I started asking friends if they are able to imagine something in their head and "see" it, and they all said yes. I always assumed it was just a thing people said, not something that was literal. I've always been baffled by this concept. I can't close my eyes and picture anything. I did research on it and it's called "aphantasia". It's interesting to read about.

Try closing your eyes and remembering a special day or conversation you had face to face.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone else was pretty upset when they reached puberty and didn't develop mutant powers. Darn you, X-Men!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The fact that I can't see myself growing old. I can't picture me being around to see my kids grow up. I don't even see myself a year from now. It's interesting to me. That's what's on my mind.

Are you able to visualize an image in your head? My fiance got frustrated with me one day when I lost something, he told me to close my eyes and visualize where I left it. I can't do that. I started asking friends if they are able to imagine something in their head and "see" it, and they all said yes. I always assumed it was just a thing people said, not something that was literal. I've always been baffled by this concept. I can't close my eyes and picture anything. I did research on it and it's called "aphantasia". It's interesting to read about.

That's just it, I cannot visualize it. I try and I draw a blank.... like It's not going to happen and that's why I can't see it. Didn't know there was a term for it. Hmm.... I'll have to look that up.

That's just it, I cannot visualize it. I try and I draw a blank.... like It's not going to happen and that's why I can't see it. Didn't know there was a term for it. Hmm.... I'll have to look that up.

I used to say the exact same thing. I would worry that I couldn't picture my future because it wasn't there. Don't believe that, though. <3

You both are going to be two sexy old ladies!!

And I want to go to bingo night with you. :)
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I wish whole foods published better nutritional information for their hot-bar food.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I wish whole foods published better nutritional information for their hot-bar food.

I wish Whole Foods didn't take the grody leftovers from the hot bar at the end of the business day, refrigerate them, reheat them and put them back on the hot bar the next day. And keep charging a thousand dollars a pound for them.

nah, i'm ok with that.

also, it's $12.99 a pound. at least here, that's the same price as my office cafeteria and the food is WAAAAY better.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Mind on my money and my money on my mind
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I used to say the exact same thing. I would worry that I couldn't picture my future because it wasn't there. Don't believe that, though. <3

You both are going to be two sexy old ladies!!

And I want to go to bingo night with you. :)

Can we watch Jeopardy and play shuffleboard, too?

As long as you change my diapers and feed me oatmeal I’m down!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    What’s on my mind:

The threads are moving too fast, I can’t keep up. I may never catch up, and all my hopes and dreams of having inside jokes with the gang will be dashed.

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    What’s on my mind:

The threads are moving too fast, I can’t keep up. I may never catch up, and all my hopes and dreams of having inside jokes with the gang will be dashed.

There is no way to keep up! Why do you think I haven't posted a selfie in a while? I can't stalk MFP forums in the shower.

Penny-Needs-Help-For-Her-Computer-Addiction-On-The-Big-Bang-Theory.gif

I need a real bad bout of dysentery so I can catch up. I’d even settle for a little cholera or smallpox. I need to get back in the habit of licking doorknobs.
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go see "It" by myself. now that everyone is saying it isn't scary
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    Doc got my bloodwork back today. Apparently I'm Vitamin D deficient, and something leads her to believe that my lower back pain may be caused by something called ankylosing spondylitis. So now I'm supposed to start taking a bunch of Vitamin D and consider going full AIP Paleo for a while. Because the universe just can't leave well enough alone and let me enjoy the weight I've lost without kicking me in the nuts some other way.

Im sorry .. :(