What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Not a big enough box to type in for what's on my mind.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    I'm listening to a podcast about making friends as an adult and I feel hopeless after this, and kind of ashamed for spending so much time at work (which was already something I think about a lot). I literally don't have time for friends, even though I know they're important for both physical and mental health.

*cue people telling me about how many more responsibilities they have to deal with and they still get it done

You're not alone...my GF and I struggle with this all the time...trying to make time to socialize with the friends we already have...not easy, sometimes.
  • projectsix
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm listening to a podcast about making friends as an adult and I feel hopeless after this, and kind of ashamed for spending so much time at work (which was already something I think about a lot). I literally don't have time for friends, even though I know they're important for both physical and mental health.

*cue people telling me about how many more responsibilities they have to deal with and they still get it done

Any chance you could link me/pm me the podcast @angelxsss ? Since my separation last year and being somewhat newly single, finding friends as an adult is NOT an easy task so I'd be interested to watch it.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Any chance you could link me/pm me the podcast @angelxsss ? Since my separation last year and being somewhat newly single, finding friends as an adult is NOT an easy task so I'd be interested to watch it.

it's kind of a feminist podcast haha so don't be alarmed, but I'm pretty sure it can apply to anyone. http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/10995/episodes I can't find the direct link, but it's the one called "Can We Be Friends?"
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling totally relieved because I just had my mid-year performance review, and it went really well. I always get nervous and worry before these things.
  • angelxsss
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I'm feeling totally relieved because I just had my mid-year performance review, and it went really well. I always get nervous and worry before these things.

glad it went well!
  • projectsix
    Options
    it's kind of a feminist podcast haha so don't be alarmed, but I'm pretty sure it can apply to anyone. http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/10995/episodes I can't find the direct link, but it's the one called "Can We Be Friends?"

Ah well if it's tailored to a specific gender it might not be ideal but it gives me a good idea at least to do some research on said topic.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Apparently a friend of mine is mad at me about something and I have no idea what. If I ask her she'll deny it and I just don't have the patience for the drama today.
  • projectsix
    edited June 2017
    Options
    peanut butter cheeseburger

I had one of these recently but a hotdog instead of a burger @OutOfUserName

Behold... The Peanut Butter Bacon Cheese Dog !

18581125_833999136750206_3802846799308259328_n.jpg
  • projectsix
    Options
    peanut butter cheeseburger

I had one of these recently but a hotdog instead of a burger @OutOfUserName

Behold... The Peanut Butter Bacon Cheese Dog !

18581125_833999136750206_3802846799308259328_n.jpg

where did you get that??

A local pub here. They have a few items on their menu that are pretty crazy. When I saw this on the menu I knew what I needed in my life at that time and I do not regret it, it was quite interesting!
  • rainihi
    rainihi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    [Soaring temperatures will peak on Tuesday, when Phoenix is expected to hit 120 degrees, according to the National Weather Service, which issued the official warning Wednesday.]

Haha, luckily I'll be out of town that day--sucks for my family though. XD
  • angelxsss
    Options
    My app is saying if I continue at the rate I'm going, I'll be able to lose 15 pounds in 9 months. I'm hopeless.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My app is saying if I continue at the rate I'm going, I'll be able to lose 15 pounds in 9 months. I'm hopeless.

What is wrong with that? You are already gorgeous. It just means you are on that last little home stretch for your goal!
  • angelxsss
    Options

What is wrong with that? You are already gorgeous. It just means you are on that last little home stretch for your goal!

aww well thank you for the compliment. I just feel like if I were doing well (2 lbs/week well) then I would be done in a couple months, not 9
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

aww well thank you for the compliment. I just feel like if I were doing well (2 lbs/week well) then I would be done in a couple months, not 9

just imagine how miserable those few months would be at -750 calories per day from where you are now ;)
  • angelxsss
    Options

just imagine how miserable those few months would be at -750 calories per day from where you are now ;)

Hmmmmmm that's kinda true
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ... I've never listened to an Adele song.

I barely know who she is. If I'm listening to music at home, it's usually old skool jazz on vinyl.

Today's music barely qualifies to be called music. One needs to dig pretty deep for anything of quality.

Love the sound of vinyl.

right? it's just more authentic.

vinyl played thru a tube amp and great speakers can't be beat

My husband and I got obsessed with vinyl in the last year or two. I love the sound and I especially love hanging out in record stores, flipping through albums for hours. And when you find something awesome, putting it on and then sitting down with the liner notes while you listen. Kids these days just don't understand what it was like, saving your money, getting that new album, having your friend over to listen.

Yes, I know. I'll go put my teeth and hearing aid in, now.

Mad Re5pext

There's something about spending $75 for used Miles Davis album too....

It's about being intentional in the appreciation of music rather than cramming as many songs as possible into an ipod.

Now get off my lawn.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ... I've never listened to an Adele song.

I barely know who she is. If I'm listening to music at home, it's usually old skool jazz on vinyl.

Today's music barely qualifies to be called music. One needs to dig pretty deep for anything of quality.

Love the sound of vinyl.

right? it's just more authentic.

vinyl played thru a tube amp and great speakers can't be beat

My husband and I got obsessed with vinyl in the last year or two. I love the sound and I especially love hanging out in record stores, flipping through albums for hours. And when you find something awesome, putting it on and then sitting down with the liner notes while you listen. Kids these days just don't understand what it was like, saving your money, getting that new album, having your friend over to listen.

Yes, I know. I'll go put my teeth and hearing aid in, now.

Mad Re5pext

There's something about spending $75 for used Miles Davis album too....

It's about being intentional in the appreciation of music rather than cramming as many songs as possible into an ipod.

Now get off my lawn.

Im naked, rolling around on your lawn..come make me get off :tongue:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I said: I'll just go with the flow.

I lied; I physically can't do it.

*kitten* the Flow.