What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    7H3_J0K3R wrote: »
    Since when is a wedding about the people attending and their wants and desires? It's about the couple entering into the marriage. People crying about whom the couple does or does not want at their wedding are lamentable.

Harsh. I think its just a difference in opinions no right or wrong.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    7H3_J0K3R wrote: »
    Since when is a wedding about the people attending and their wants and desires? It's about the couple entering into the marriage. People crying about whom the couple does or does not want at their wedding are lamentable.

Why invite people then?

The gifts...duh.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Im inviting you all to my divorce...no kids, no men, only ladies...

ok and men.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    When I brought it up I didn't anticipate that people would get angry, so I'm sorry. Weddings are very personal and everyone clearly has a difference of opinion.

Exactly why all I had to say was I disagree with you. That's my opinion and yours is of course yours. Nothing wrong with either side and I think explanations are fine but not necessary. No need to be angry about it really.
  • NNYC4ever
    NNYC4ever Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Not sure what OP had in mind, but to @km8907 and @newmeadow, I could help hijack the thread and talk at some length about being in a verbally and psychologically abusive marriage.

Hey guys. All jokes aside no one should be devalued male or female. I treat clients from a variety of countries all over the world, and am overjoyed when they come to the place where they are empowered and are able to step into their created purpose. We are all here for a specified purpose.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone should be invited to a wedding.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone should be invited to a wedding.

Agreed. Especially when the divorce rate is like 40-50%. Everyone should just elope and receive gift cards.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Pacific Islands weddings (traditional Polynesian) are all about the the groom's mum and the bride's mum. Relatives choose to gift the couple or the mothers "thank you" chests or both. Even if the couple chose to have a small wedding eg. registry, immediate family only, island get away wedding ... Extended relatives will hire a park set up with marquees or a hotel ball room and celebrate your wedding WITHOUT YOU or YOUR groom with stand in proxies. ALL because you decided to "be Westernised" and have a guest list. Islanders DON'T DO guest lists ... It's rude ... Guest lists are dishonouring the mothers of the couple, in forcing them to choose between relatives and friends who've apparently helped with your rearing. Even ALL your babysitters and nannies are invited.

@children. There's always a children's Marquee where they eat, play and are seemingly never in need for carers. Relatives volunteer ... Could stem from a strong Methodist set up.

There's always a party marquee and a groom's marquee and bride's marquee. You can fraternise or not with the other side.

Common to attend a wedding and not know the name of the groom/bride. You only know your relatives.

Eta: auto correct