What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I wish them well...and that they come back!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    some of us are 'lifers' here (I mean that in a good way!).

I don't understand why some people get upset with the community and deactivate...I get it if they come right back, like they just want to change their name or 'start fresh'...I did that a lot before I found the forums because I hated having a 'streak', it stressed me out if I didn't accomplish what I wanted...
    ...or maybe they just don't want to count calories anymore and/or we weren't really 'friends' in their opinion.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    How little things, like people expressing their appreciation for you can make such a huge difference in my day.

A few kind words is all I need most of the time to make my day and if I'm feeling low turn my mood around....I'm simple!

Simple Kindness can turn a persons whole day around, a little kindness never hurt anybody :)
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Picked up a bowl of pineapple and grapefruit for breakfast. Was merrily chomping away and enjoying the sweetness of the pineapple and then boom! The grapefruit muscled in and it all went wrong :( All those grapefruit lovers out there, why, how and just why??? Yeishhh!!! :smiley:
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    What’s on my mind is how a coworker told me that I’m unfriendly and look mad at the world. They weren’t wrong and I feel pretty bad about it. I’m not great at faking happy. I should though so everyone hates me a little less. Can’t be that fun to be around someone like me even though I just keep to myself.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

People leave/return for a plethora of reasons. The rumours and speculation that follow an exit are always entertaining though.[/quote]

My surfy pants is back :)
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I'm old af

you and me both sister
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find a path to transition my family from unhealthy eating and fitness habits to a healthier lifestyle. I began 8 years ago when my doctor told me that I was obese, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and hypoglycemia episodes, which suggested that my pancreas was being affected and I was on the fast track to diabetes. I cleaned up my diet, started exercising, and lost 56 lbs. along with my health issues. Back on MFP now because I gained 25 lbs. after surgery and menopause and wanted to regain my momentum (8 of the 25 pounds are gone so far). That was my "Come to Jesus" moment about health. Two other family members just saw their doctors, one was diagnosed with extreme morbid obesity and the other with obesity only 2 lbs. away from morbid obesity. Both are wrestling with frustration about the changes they must make if they want to escape the fat trap. I don't know how this will end, but one is a minor and I feel responsible for giving him a shot at a healthier life. I cleaned out the processed junk in the kitchen and quit making two dinners (healthy for 2 of us, unhealthy for picky eaters who think veggies and fish are disgusting). Lot of anger and frustration right now and most of it is being directed at me. Anyone found a way through this?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    My eyeballs.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Food...im shaky
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »