Replies

• Mama_runs_slow
    Mama_runs_slow Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    June 1
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    how music brings back memories. of a time or a person. and it's like you're right there again, feeling everything you did at that time or for them.

oh my gosh yes!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    How does that song from Shrek start?
  • DadBodClub
    DadBodClub Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    how music brings back memories. of a time or a person. and it's like you're right there again, feeling everything you did at that time or for them.

Good and bad ....unfortunately
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    June 1

what's June 1st?
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    June 1

what's June 1st?

The first day of June

thanks Smarta$$
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    June 1

what's June 1st?

The first day of June

thanks Smarta$$

Friday
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thinking that once again I'm glad I don't post on this site for advice.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Im hooked on a feeling
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My brain tells me no my heart tells me yes...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Im hooked on a feeling

I'm hooked on phonics

Magic e makes A say its name
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Pacific Islands weddings (traditional Polynesian) are all about the the groom's mum and the bride's mum. Relatives choose to gift the couple or the mothers "thank you" chests or both. Even if the couple chose to have a small wedding eg. registry, immediate family only, island get away wedding ... Extended relatives will hire a park set up with marquees or a hotel ball room and celebrate your wedding WITHOUT YOU or YOUR groom with stand in proxies. ALL because you decided to "be Westernised" and have a guest list. Islanders DON'T DO guest lists ... It's rude ... Guest lists are dishonouring the mothers of the couple, in forcing them to choose between relatives and friends who've apparently helped with your rearing. Even ALL your babysitters and nannies are invited.

@children. There's always a children's Marquee where they eat, play and are seemingly never in need for carers. Relatives volunteer ... Could stem from a strong Methodist set up.

There's always a party marquee and a groom's marquee and bride's marquee. You can fraternise or not with the other side.

Common to attend a wedding and not know the name of the groom/bride. You only know your relatives.

Eta: auto correct

Such extensive and elaborate affairs sound pricey and very dependent on socio/economic classification - even if more than one family is pitching in. What's described above sounds like something enjoyed by folks at the higher rung of that ladder.

Ordinarily, yes. Very astute of you to mention@ladder. Price points will differ depending on the host proxy countries. Oftentimes they will inform the bride or groom's family who may or may not tithe towards the gathering. We are a culture of "find your door" which is oftentimes humbling to witness and feel grateful about that so many people want to commit funds to your one day event (Western) or 6 days plus church and the farewell feast in day seven. Then again, I wouldn't call Islanders fussy diners or guests. A huge lechon per #guests and decent sides plus dessert and wedding cakes - they're happy. It's not really a per plate dinner service as mentioned by Deadlifts and Sprinkles ...$100 per guest - most of us would elope. If you can afford a hotel buffet, Islanders are happy guests.

Family friends pitch in too. Eg. There are mining & timber companies in Australia who ALWAYS pitch in to any wedding from our direct line as our maternal great grandfather was a signator to them accessing our minerals and timber. Their children and some of us all attended the same schools in Australia, NZ and UK. If we are in Perth, we don't pay for anything. It's comped by them - they're fortunate we're all in the islands, US or UK mostly. Lol.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Who's gone now? I notice the thread counts are messed up again

Yeah I don't know what happened. We were on page 1000 earlier today

It had to have been someone pretty significant to lose 2 pages, right?

That’s a lot of posts. :confused: