WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Ava - welcome. Not a terrible time of year at all. Why go with the herd and start in January? If there's anything I'm learning, it's that January (or Monday, or tomorrow) never comes...

Regards,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    avalisa1 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! *wave* Huge "thank you" to the kind soul who started this thread. 53 last September here, with about 100 - 125lbs to lose. I'm returning to Myfitnesspal after a couple of YEARS off the (fitness) wagon. Some of the entries I've read here and on other threads today have been so reassuring and motivating! I know this is a TERRIBLE time of year to restart my journey, but I'm hoping to stay the course with the help of a new trainer and the awesome folks here at MFP! Please feel free to add me.

Happy Holidays, All!

Ava

Welcome to a wonderful group of supportive women. This is a challenging time of year for those of us who are inclined to love sweets but today is always the best day to start focussing on being healthy. I started just before Thanksgiving when we went on a trip to see my daughter. I brought food scales and measuring cups to the Thanksgiving dinner and weighed or measured everything. The kids thought I was nuts, but they were generally tolerant. Think of it as a trial by fire. You have a very good chance to succeed as long as you never give up, and you have found a great support group right here. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ava and the other new people! :flowerforyou:

I intend to lose 1 or 2 pounds by Christmas. By eating lots of GOOD food. Fortunately I consider cake, pastries, cookies, desserts the spawn of the devil. :laugh: I am going to be an angel. o:) Watch this space. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the dog fix Rori and Pip.

Carol grandchildren darling!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Gloria still waiting for snow in WA ~ We are about an hour and a half from Hillsboro, but maybe we can meet at Camp 18 Restaurant one day? Unfortunately our little car isn't too great on snow or ice, so it would have to be in the springtime. It's a restaurant off Hwy 26, wonderful place! We are, truth be told, kind of like hermit crabs out on the coast here. Don't drive out a ways unless its for a doctors appointment. The last appt. was the end of November and the doctors said that they don't need to see husband for a year! And blood work is every 6 months. Of course we still have to go in every 4 or so months to replace the stent.
    Becca
  • Annr
    Options
    Katla I have a plastic little file folder and have made one for MFP's personal info. It's nice to know people in states I have never visited, and the possibility of having lunch or just coffee with some of you is exciting! So if I am in your neck of the woods I will give you a heads up a couple of days beforehand, and maybe we can (as my momma used to say), laugh, scratch, drink wine (or coffee) and tell lies! Like sisters I have never met but have just chatted on the phone with. :smiley:
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Options
    Karen in Virginia~ Yep I love our black phone! We have another phone in the bedroom attached to phone answering, and we have to use that one because when phone calls say to press 1 for this....the rotary phone just doesn't know how... We found a little side table/seat set up and I have all the phone books, my plastic index card file container with GOSSETT written out in magazine different letters (like a spooky movie letter) on the first index card, and I also have a lacy small tablecloth hiding all those things. The side tables' seat is padded like a dining room table. I just love it. We had to have a mini teaching lesson for our teenager. It involved how to put your finger in the holes and move it fast (but not too fast) and then take your finger out so it makes that familiar sound.... To SIT down when you answer the phone because he could yank it off the table (short black cord). Sometimes we don't answer it right away, we like to hear the sound of it....
    Becca
    so anti-tech I don't even HAVE a cell phone....
    in Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    :p
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi all thank you for the warm welcome back. I had all good intentions of being here yesterday but a GI bug and the bathroom kept me busy all day, so I won't count that as a failure.

OK so I have been gone so long; has anyone heard from Sylvia (Mollywhippet)? at all? I remember us commenting on how long she had been gone.

Sorry I am not able to write individual posts; after working today and being sick yesterday I am all done in. Hope to chat more tomorrow. Take care, Meg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Hi all: We had snow yesterday and today is frosty and cold. There was ice on the top of the horses' water tub. I have to drive into Seattle on Thursday and the forecast is for snow. I can drive in snow, I am from SD but these people out here do not do well in snow. This makes me more worried about a trip I was not looking forward to anyway. Did not go to water exercise this morning as there was ice on the roads. Have done some exercise at home. Food going OK.

Welcome to those who are new. Keep coming back.

Meg - Welcome back.

Janetr - Glad to hear your sister is doing better. Hope that continues.

Pip - Love the nails!!

Kim - Fun holiday hair!!

Barbie - Sympathy to you and yours. It is always hard to lose a family member and I am sure that is what Brandy was.

Re - You rock girl!!! Keep on with what you are doing.

Sending healing angels to those who need them and congratulations to those with victories, Sue in WA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friends. Had a great visit with two of my friends I worked with at SMU. We sat and talked non-stop for two hours. Another party tomorrow and tomorrow nite then I can stay home and bake. I make peanut brittle for friends. This year I am making some with jalapeño powder. It is surprising good.
    Stay safe and warm.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pamwix
    pamwix Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is pam. I live in south Florida. I left my first message yesterday without many details. thanks for all the warm welcome messages. This is a very new activity for me but I have more success when I am accountable to others as well as myself, so thanks for this opportunity. I retired 15 months ago and feel like we are living the dream... we have been married 42 years and have been enjoying retirement and traveling. I look forward to this journey with you all. Have a wonderful evening
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.55min, 12.7amph, 149mhr, 2.9mi= 132c
    fitbit- 138mhr, 81c
    ELIPTICAL- 41min, 119ahr, 131mhr, 2incl, 2-3resist, 3788str, 92stpmin, 4.03mi = 287c
    fitbit- 139mhr, 277c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.34min, 11.2amph, 138amhr, 1.4mi = 62c
    fitbit- 125mhr, 32c
    jog station 2 wk 5.03min, 10.44apamph, 144mhr, .4mi = 54c
    fitbit- 183mhr, 61c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.54min 10.31ap, 150mhr 60c Wahoo didn't record right
    ride dome 2 hm- 20.53min, 7.6amph, 147mhr, 2.6mi = 199c
    fitbit- 140mhr, 136c

794cal for wahoo
  • pipcd34
    Options