WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    It is snowing at the Oregon Coast! Just started really coming down at 12:15 now, pretty!
    Becca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,005 Member
    Options
    <3Lois sending hugs and strength to you dealing with your husband's illness..congrats on your weight loss

:)Charleen, what a darling travel pouch and useful besides

:)Karen in VA, Jazzercise, what fun

:)Lillian, hooray for your new shoes

:'(Rita, sorry to hear about Chewy's eye....glad he felt well enough to go for a walk :)

:)Meg, enjoy your walk in your warm coat.

:)Pip, I love all the dog pictures

:)Katla, good idea to save your wreath trip for better weather

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Sasha walked happily in her new coat this morning for over an hour....temps are still below freezing and Tuesday's snow was still on the ground. I danced the whole dance class this morning, sitting down only during the break. My back still feels tired but is getting better. I see the Physical Therapist this afternoon and may come home with more exercises on top of the seven I already have.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington where more snow is forecast later this afternoon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,750 Member
    Options
    When i posted that pic of rocky (now deceased) and a young Floyd long ago I did have a caption that said, get used to it, she does this all the time., Floyd is now 7, will b 8 next year oc1u464btg9s.jpg
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pamwix wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Thanks for all the welcomes and motivation on this page. I am amazed at how much I like it. I Never wanted to do this before with people I don't know but have been pleasantly surprised and have come back three days in a row. So thanks. Living in south Florida we are waiting for some of that cold air to make its way down here. Time to turn the a|c off. We had a record high of 87 this week. It is forecast to cool off tomorrow. Yeah! Have a fabulous day.

Pam in sunny south florida

Pam - Husband and I spent two weeks in Tampa last month, he was raised in Ft. Lauderdale.

Janetr okc
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :):oB)<3o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    well It has started .. Tom starts getting worse than usual about the time when we are ready to go on a trip, he is barking at me that I dont listen, well sometimes I don't, but I listen most of the time...
    I am mentally and physically tired form a year of nothing but work...
  • SChaluisan
    SChaluisan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, looking for new friends to share ideas and support. Add me if you would like to chat.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well my friends up in Canada, we have your cold weather here in NC Texas. I stayed in my Jammie's and robe all day. Did make five batches of peanut brittle for gifts. Now I have to find something pretty to put them in.
    Lois -good for you. Sending up prayers for your DH medical situation.
    I always think I will remember all the posts I want to respond to but alas I usually forget who said what. Guess I am getting old, actually I am old!!
    Making New Orleans style red beans and rice for dinner and they really smell good.
    Stay wam ladies.
    SueBDew in TX
  • sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey now........

Looky, more snow!.....been snowing here all day, got about 5 inches so far....this is a look out my front door.....
    j4skpob8dagd.jpg

The freakin' satellite TV tech who was supposed to show up this morning BAILED on me with no phone call, no text, no email.....called Dish Network and yelled at them briefly....they said the techs couldn't get out of Portland because of bad weather......bah! The traffic cams show clear roads.......they supposedly have four-wheel drive trucks but they can't drive on clear roads??????WTH?????......if I can drive my itty bitty lil' two-wheel 1,000 lb. car in 5 inches of snow they can dang well get their wimpy little fannies up here and hook up my TV dangit!!!! OK, rant over.....I feel better now.....lol.....

Oh yeah, I finally got a decent shot of Missy....sorry it's a little blurry.....here is my baby in all her fuzzy glory......
    ixnfgh9tzaa0.jpg

Sherry in "19 degree at 1,322 ft elevation" Dufur

• sherryminch
    sherryminch Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Carol - love the pic of your mom! She looks young, only mid to late 70's I would say.......definitely not 91....she looks great!...nice to see her smile......

Allie - I hope you get to go soon, you need a break sweetie.....

Lois - congrats on the weight loss!!....you go girl!...

Well, it's been about an hour since my last post and the snow is still coming down hard and steady....the two young boys that live with their mom here in the park are out with their saucers sliding down the street that comes down into the park......glad to see them having fun in it!....yesterday when I was in The Dalles I was in Fred Meyer's and saw the cutest pair of boots, now I wish I had bought them, the warmest thing I have is my new diabetic tennie runners with the orthotics and I don't think those will stay dry in now 6 inches of snow....so no walking today :'( ......

The snow plows have been busy since this morning keeping everything moving right along here in town.....it's pretty easy to get around out here, they do a right fine job with the roads when it snows....I am also staying snug as a bug in a rug.....I am currently wearing my jammie shorts and a tank top, lol.......the furnace in here rocks!....and I have one electric heater going in the hallway since there are no furnace ducts in the hallway, lol....the winterizing is doing a fine job of keeping it warm in here.....

Well, I should go for now.....go see what leftovers I can heat up for dinner tonight and pick out a round of movies for tonight..........it's getting dark out now......will post more later, if I don't get too sleepy like the last two nights.....

Sherry in "let it snow!" Dufur
  • pamwix
    pamwix Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Janet okc - We visited the St. Pete area for thanksgiving which is very close to Tampa. Then spent black Friday boating and enjoying nature.
    Pam in south florida
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 14.04min, 12.5amph, 144mhr, 2.9mi= 142c
    fitbit- 145mhr, 120c
    SKI MACHINE- 40min, 129mhr, 116ahr, 10incl, 25-60resist, 1.65mi = 289c
    fitbit- 159mhr, 280c
    ride gym 2 dome- 9.38min, 11amph, 140amhr, 1.4mi = 76c
    fitbit- 139mhr, 60c
    walk station 2 wk 8.26min, 3.4ap, 117mhr, .4mi = 61c
    fitbit- 127mhr, 60c
    run/walk wk 2 store- 3.40min, 9.45ap, 143mhr, .3mi = 57c
    Fitbit- 145mhr 69c
    Walk wk 2 sta- 8.10min, 3.6ap, fitbit- 143mhr,.4mi = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.21minm 8amphr, 2.5mi = 182c
    fitbit- 144mhr, 142c

total cal wahoo- 874
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    824202njtgfjx7dh.gif
  • pipcd34
    Options
    At least we got a little bit

1c6oi3ziy0v3.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,005 Member
    Options
    :) Another session of physical therapy and three more exercises to add to my routine....I can do the routine with the TV on or an audio book or podcast so I can be entertained.....they all seem so simple and innocent but they target muscles that need work and the resulting soreness is immense....I have to remind myself that I promised to do everything I was told by the medical professionals so I'd recover completely from the surgery, but the challenge continues to grow.

<3 Barbie from "maybe it will snow tonight" NW Washington
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know when I have felt this bad.Temp 103, ache all over, hurt so much when I cough. I have graduate from my leftover pads that I had in the house to wearing Charlie's leftover diapers.'''
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Lois... congratulations on the milestone!

DJ... glad you enjoyed your cruise!

Joyce... so sorry you're not feeling well. Get better soon!

So far the anticipated snow storm has stayed south of us ... only 3 inches so far but the worst of the storm is expected this evening so we'll see Three inches makes it look like Christmas ... that's enough for me!

Beth near Buffalo