• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Welcome Ann, come back and visit so we can get to know you better. Yesterday was a Jammie day but I have to get out and move today. May have to go a big box store and walk around. Making banana nut bread to take to FL. Think I will follow Michele's advice and do a walking cd.
    BBL
    SueBDew in TX

Love "jammie" days. Have a nice walk

• Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I am looking for new friends to motivate me I lost 40+ weight and gained back all but 16 grrr would be great to get back on track again and find the wagon hahah!!!
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Very good morning. Disappointed. Did not stray away from My Fitness Pal all day yesterday and ate as I was supposed to! For some reason...when I weighed in, I weighed the same as I did yesterday!!? What is up with that? I even did some walking, yesterday? I told myself...even though I did not "loose" I put good food into my body, just the same! And when it comes down to it....all I have is the rest of my life! This is not a diet but the way I want to eat! I guess I did accomplish my goal, yesterday.....eat healthy and be healthy! Thank you for being there and thank you for listening.....See you tomorrow. Love, V.

Yes, I would suggest only weighing once per week. Healthy weightless in a way that is sustainable tends to be slow. Not noticeable day to day. If you lose one pound per week, you are doing great! Divide that by 7 had you don't see much, plus we fluctuate day to day.

It sounds like you are doing great on your goals!
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ann, Debbie, and other newbies! This group is great for support. I find it takes my mind off eating when I read the posts and think about others' lives.

Meg - I live in Nashville, too. We only had some smoky days. The fires were in east TN. They have arrested 2 teenagers who set the original fire. So hard to believe kids would do such a thing without any thought to the 14 lives that would be lost.

Pip - your back yard pic was beautiful!

Heather - you always cook the most delish dishes! Keep telling us about them.

Well I must report to work early today so I had better get going.

Toni in cold but sunny middle Tn
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Very good morning. Disappointed. Did not stray away from My Fitness Pal all day yesterday and ate as I was supposed to! For some reason...when I weighed in, I weighed the same as I did yesterday!!? What is up with that? I even did some walking, yesterday? I told myself...even though I did not "loose" I put good food into my body, just the same! And when it comes down to it....all I have is the rest of my life! This is not a diet but the way I want to eat! I guess I did accomplish my goal, yesterday.....eat healthy and be healthy! Thank you for being there and thank you for listening.....See you tomorrow. Love, V.

It would be fantastic to lose 1 lb. a day but do you realize that would be 365 lbs. in a year? :) Perhaps weighing in once a week would be a better approach, then you will see the difference and be pleased. I don't mean to say that any of us loose consistently week after week. Keep doing what you know you are supposed to to and it will happen.

Janetr OKC
  • Deanne182
    Deanne182 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Joyce - You are the nurse, but that sounds like a case for urgent medical attention to me. <3

Re - You are doing so brilliantly. <3 Just think of that onion dip as "the spawn of the devil". Full of nasties that want to ruin your insides. Eat something healthy and delicious! Yesterday for my pm snack I had 100 gm of cottage cheese, with a spoonful of hot mixed Indian pickle <3 on the top, with a crudités of carrot and cucumber. Oh yum! My husband's fruit cake did not look half as yummy. :D Even though I made it myself and he declares it the best ever. :laugh:
    If you do feel like reading something other than "flash and trash" do have a look at YOUNGER NEXT YEAR FOR WOMEN. It will confirm you in your resolve to keep on exercising like you do. When you read of all the amazing benefits of exercising you wonder why the whole world doesn't take up this amazing medicine. :D I am currently rereading the science chapters and find them mind boggling. No wonder I feel so good. My body and mind have changed out of all recognition from the sad state they were in four and a half years ago. I think I thought then that exercise was only to make you able to run and jump better, in fact, a stupid idea, :laugh: but I now know that my whole life is transformed and I definitely feel better now than I did at 40. I am 67.
    So, Re, if you ever feel like flagging, just imagine me cheering you on! People who do frequent, moderately hard exercise are the ones who keep the weight off, for ever, and who stay young. And the bonus is, we can eat more delicious, lovely food. :D:D:D Not slop and junk and poison, just lovely stuff.
    Salmon tonight for me. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I have pulled my copy of Younger Next Year for Women off my shelf and giving it a go again.. Thank you!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies.

Well I have to admit this was one of the easiest colonoscopy preps I've had. I think this is my 5th or 6th one. Not too much problem eating/drinking clear liquids for the day. Not to say I was very hungry but I managed. Prep concoction went down well, although it made me a tad nauseous, I managed. Cleansed away sitting on the potty. Didn't get much sleep as this occurred well into the wee hours. Off hubs took me to the clinic for 8am. I think I had a bit of problem with some pain during the procedure and kinda remember getting more sedative. The doc told hubs he found one small polyp that will be tested otherwise I am good to go for 5 more years. None of this I heard because I was still pulling myself out of lalala land! Came home and promptly fell asleep for a bit. Now up and checking on you gals and having some solid nourishment.

Thanks for all that wished me well during this necessary procedure. If you haven't done it get it done.

Running the heat here as today was a brisk one this morning and currently still in the 40's. Unusual for this part of Texas!

Have a good day!
    Cheri
    sitting under an afghan with the space heater at my feet
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kate UK wrote: DDs friend taught us a new card game Hand and Foot I'd never heard of it
    Kate - Hand and Foot is a totally awesome game! My cousin introduced the family to it about a decade ago and we enjoyed it so much it has competed out all the other games we used to play (Scrabble and Rummikub and Balderdash and Boggle and you name it!). My sister and brother-in-law drive to my parents' place every other weekend, an hour each way, just to play Hand and Foot and I'm so jealous that they can do so!

Verna - Your body isn't a machine. It will surprise you all the time! I used to be frustrated because every time I took myself by the scruff of the neck and started exercising regularly, my weight went UP. But I've come to realize that it's just part of the process. The exercise puts strain on my muscles and makes them bind extra water (or something). But it's only temporary. If I persevere, eventually the weight will come off again and I'll be stronger.

Verna again - You're not the first Verna in my life! Please tell me, do you pronounce it so "Ver" rhymes with "fur" or with "air"? My husband's aunt Verna is from Finland and pronounces her name Vair-na.

Sherry - Thanks for the picture of your beautiful Missy. As a life-long cat person who can't have a cat, I'm quite envious! Also, living in a small town myself, I can totally relate to the attractions of your little Dufur. :smiley:

Meg - Haha for the image of the slobbery horse in Newfoundland clothing. :laugh: That's not the kind of dog I want to meet close up.

Heather - I'm thinking about you, your lovely husband, and his family trauma (whatever it is). Tell him I'm sending positive thoughts and good karma, and hoping you can all find closure soon.

My week of teaching in Stockholm is over now and BOY am I relieved. The actual teaching went pretty well but over half my 30 students missed at least one day because of illness (norovirus, flu, colds, an unidentified virus -- HELP! Save Me!) At the last session this afternoon there were only about 18 people. The small number made them shy and we didn't get the round of applause we have come to expect! :naughty: I'm totally bummed out. :grumble:

On the plus side, I haven't caught any of the crud - at least as far as I know. Knock on wood! Tomorrow morning I intend to sleep until I wake up, and then I intend to stay in bed until I darn well feel like getting up.

On Monday I'll be heading home to the blessed Arctic darkness and silence. Hubby's coming home on Friday. At that time we will only have seen each other two days over a three-week period. How my heart is longing... :heart: :heartbreak::heart:

/Penny, soon going back home to the North Pole
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Today had been a great day, buying only $45 worth of groceries, so my dear husband took me to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. I chose wisely and got two tacos. No sour cream, or guacamole just beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and some cheese. I did order a Coke, but it was better than a beer. I was home putting away the items I bought, and one item, a bag of frozen chicken I always lay flat on the second shelf of the freezer. Well the bag that is almost empty there were some tenders stuck together so I was whacking the bag a bit on the side of the freezer shelf to separate them..... OK stupid idea, I made some of the plastic break into the freezer innards. Like a dent but you can see a bit of what is inside a freezer.... I put some packaging tape over it, and told my husband. He just shook his head asking me why I would do such a thing... I wasn't thinking, just found a surface to whack the partially empty bag on, didn't think that the freezer surface is really just plastic. He gave me a "GAAAHHH" look, saying, "Well that will be $400 out of the security deposit we will have to pay if we move". I told him sorry, and I guess we will never move from here... He gets frustrated with me, but shrugs it off and presently he is yelling from the other room info about a rugby game so I am blessed with a man that doesn't hold grudges.

OK its been a couple of minutes, and was on the phone with my step-father (I always have hated that term) who is in a facility in Gresham OR. He is in his 90's but always calls me when I have sent a letter to him. Last week I sent out the Christmas letters and cards, so he thanked me for that. My older sisters don't ever communicate with him, but I was in high school when he married my Mom. They were together for 15 yrs, and he did love my Mom, and gave her a flower at 10:30 AM every Saturday, the hour and day they were married. He influenced me by listening to Pavarotti, tending his Bonsai trees, and we watched BBC's BlackAdder and laughed and laughed. Hopefully I will be able to visit him this holiday season.

So with every bad thing that happens, a good thing is right around the corner.....

Becca
    looking at rain in
    Oregon

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Becca wrote: They were together for 15 yrs, and he did love my Mom, and gave her a flower at 10:30 AM every Saturday, the hour and day they were married. He influenced me by listening to Pavarotti, tending his Bonsai trees, and we watched BBC's BlackAdder and laughed and laughed. Hopefully I will be able to visit him this holiday season.
    Whoa Becca, your stepfather sounds like a true eclectic! I can't picture his face from your description, but I can see something of his soul. No wonder you hope to be able to visit him in the holiday season. :wink:

I'm thoroughly enjoying the release of tension that follows on finishing up a week of teaching. Maybe you can tell... I'm DONE for this year, YAY!

There are other commissions lined up in the near future, but at the moment I'm feeling footloose and fancy free! Picture Isadora Duncan in one of her diaphanous gowns, rushing hither and thither on a stage, no underwear in sight. (Becca will approve :naughty:) That's how I feel right now, even though I'm sitting still in an armchair, fully clothed.

I sent a text message to my son, hoping to learn when a visit from me would be most welcome over the next two days. Still no response, but I expect one sooner or later. Must hook up with them and the grandkids while I'm here!

/Penny, not headed back to the North Pole until early Monday morning
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,007 Member
    Options
    Debbiebert wrote: »
    hi everyone I am looking for new friends to motivate me I lost 40+ weight and gained back all but 16 grrr would be great to get back on track again and find the wagon hahah!!!

:) Keep coming back to this thread and join the conversation....you'll get lots of motivation and support
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,753 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cheri Whew! Aren't ya glad that's over and done with?

Pip Sweet, sweet pups!

Rita Sending healing thoughts for your fur baby's eye.

DJ Welcome back! So glad you had a good time!

Meg Sounds like you have a very nice coat! Vit D sources are limited...sunshine, Vit D fortified milk and OJ, some cereals, wild caught fatty fish like salmon, cod liver oil (gag me)...I don't get enough of any of those sources to provide enough Vit D, so I take supplements, too, and my knees are ever so much happier! It is a common vitamin deficiency. Glad you have noticed a difference in your energy level!

Pam in South Florida I love Sanibel Island. Just FYI. I am an introvert and was skeptical about this group when I started but now it is one of my lifelines...Jazzercise being another...

Mary What is Senior Frogs?

Evamutt Very handsome doggies!

Barbie Thinking of you every day as you adjust to life without Brandy. Every time I look at my 4 dogs I think about Brandy and you.

Janetr Hope everything has settled down now that you are home and have dealt with everything. (Hug)

Carol Your mom looks happy there. :)

SueBDew You aren't old, you just don't have a method. I open a separate MFP window and just post on it as I read along on the first window. Some people open a word processing program and copy & paste it.

Sherry Let It Snow! (It is not snowing in Virginia)

RE ;)

KateUK Love your pup.

Lisa Love the colorful quilt squares. 21 years ago my mom made a different kind of T-shirt quilt for my son, which ended up being a chronicle of his 17 years since birth, gave it to him for H.S. graduation. He cried. He still has it, and cherishes it.

Becca Sorry about the freezer. :/

Concerning the discussion about donuts & "poison" foods, this time of year I just pretend that the communal food at work is contaminated with Salmonella. It works like a charm. As soon as I think it, I have no desire to eat anything that is there. LOL! I know I am weird.

Welcome to the newbies! A lot of new people are finding this thread! This is such a life-force, this group. I am grateful for you gals every day.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,383 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Karen VA - I think you are SANE not weird. It is the communal food that is totally insane! Why are offices committing murder? It should be a criminal offence.

Heather UK XXXXXXX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,837 Member
    Options
    Evening friends,got home threw my pajamas on and will be hitting the hay early..Tom wanted to go down through the Chesapeake bay bridge and I said No!!!! I am afraid of heights and would have to take an adavan and would be useless to drive afterwards...he doesn't understand anxiety....well will try and check in tomorrow sometime.wish us luck.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sherry - so glad to finally see Missy. She is precious!!!!!
    Toni
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sherry – Cute kitty. We had one once pretty much like her. Our DYS wanted a 'kitten'. Go figure!

As for the satellite dish company, they should have called; but, one thing you might consider is their vehicle is much heavier than your car; and because of that, they sink down into the layers of snow and muck and when they hit dirt, they get stuck. Down here, because I leave on a dirt road, even in the rain or after a medium rain, the UPS nor the FedEx trucks will ‘ever’ attempt to make it. Because if they do; and, get stuck the driver is responsible for the towing (which runs about $300). Then they get ‘docked’ for that period of time that they ‘lost’ because of sitting and waiting to be towed. If another truck has to be dispatched, especially if they have any ‘overnight’ packages to deliver; they also end up losing money out of their pockets. I’ve had them call me to find out if I can make it down the 1-mile stretch of dirt road to meet them. Sometimes I can; and, other times I tell them to try to deliver it the next day or to deliver it to a friend’s house in town. Even ‘if’ they make it to my house, they won’t go to my neighbors house, because it is downhill from our house. I will accept the package and then call and leave them a message that I have the package for them.

I stopped in the parking lot behind where a UPS truck driver was delivering packages yesterday and asked if she possibly had a package for us, gave her my name and told her where we lived. She went inside the truck and then came back and told me she did not have the package; but, no driver would go down my road in its condition. I got my package today and she was the driver. Just because you can get around in your 1000lb car doesn’t mean that even I could do so.

Pip – Nice decorations I your back yard where you can enjoy them. Is that snow? How did the babes like that?

Barbiecat – Doing exactly what the PT and/or MD’s tell you to do as long as they tell you to do so, will mean your chance of healing completely is better and you won’t have any problems. Just don’t do what I did when I tore my rotator cuff surgery. First time, made a ‘make-shift’ ladder using a stool, a chair, and a desk to get something off the top of the freezer. When I stepped back off it, I went to step back on the stool and missed it completely; chair rolled out from under me and I fell and slid all the way across the utility room hitting the door with my right shoulder (because I covered my head with my arms and hands). Got well, had gone through the PT and able to have full range of motion. When he did the x-rays he put me through all different poses than the initial OrthoMD I was going to … who only took a back and side view. When they did the operation, he took pictures and showed me that I was losing my range of motion because a chip off the ball of the arm socket had imbedded itself between each bone.

The 2nd time, I had a seizure and hit the rails and stiles on the deck before I hit the deck. My DDnL#1 had told DH that she thought I was about to faint. They got up there, DDnL#1 called the ambulance; DOS was attentive; and, DH was about to ‘freak out’ because it had knocked me out cold. Two ambulances got stuck trying to get to me; and, son told DH that we could have been at the hospital by the time they should have gotten here. DDnL#1 called and told them that I had been taken to the hospital by car; but, they still sent a 3rd ambulance because they aren’t able to ‘cancel a call just because someone tells them that they aren’t needed’.

Lawzy Mercy – I don’t drive to town if it has been raining. Rain brings out the idiots. They don’t use their blinkers; if they do, they aren’t going to turn (usually). They’re talking on their phones, smoking with one hand, slapping at an unrestrained child in the back seat, holding a drink in their other hand, and many other dangerous things. They have to be steering with their knees. I had one of these cut across from the right turn lane, across two lanes of traffic, into the left-turn lane with less than 1000 feet too do it. I blew my horn at her and got the ‘single-digit middle finger salute’.

Joyce – I hope you don’t have the ‘flu’. Sounds like you feel terrible and that you might have to die first to feel better. I’ve been that sick before.

Lisa – I have been having a problem when I go to cut and paste my responses on here. MFP has been really acting screwy; I will go back and paste it back to my WPP and then close the MFP and immediately re-open it (I don’t ‘log out’) and then I can usually paste it. Weird!
    This next week will be one that I can ‘do as I please, when I please’. Gonna miss ‘em! But, gonna enjoy my ‘night owl’ personality as well I will wake up in the AM; take an afternoon nap, then stay up and either watch old movies or clean up or just read, and play on the computer.

Verna – I find it easier for me to ‘pre-track’ my daily caloric intake. I’m on a very low CI plan; and, then I know about what I can eat and how much exercise I need to do in order to work it off; I just do not ‘eat my calories’ back; I still show that I have gone over 125 – a lot more – over what I am supposed to. I only weigh on my MD’s scales, never at home (just every other Tuesday). She’s got a scaled that breaks down everything, fat %, muscle %, water %, where and how much my other weight’s % is on my body. But, one thing I will not do is wear boots without having either socks or stockings on.

Meg – Oh I have been over my cough for a long time; I was just saying that when I had my last month-long hacking cough it took a round of Prednisone to get rid of it. Given to me by the MD who does my ‘sleep studies’ for my C-pap. I had taken every OTC cough medicine that won’t interfere with seizure or bipolar meds, gone to my GP, had antibiotics, Tesselon pearls (which generally knockks me out, so I can get to sleep), and still hacking. Chest was beginning to hurt like I had Pleurisy. I wanted to cry.

Heather – Donuts are awful for us; but, it is difficult to pass by when they are making them and that “HOT” sign is out.

Re – They fall down because a ‘child’s hula hoop’ is too light and are meant for children; did you see my instructions on how to make one for an adult? It’s great exercise once you get the rhythm down pat. Put one foot in front of the other (about shoulder wide wide) and start a rocking motion as soon and you sling it around your waist. I can only do it if I sling it to the left. Go figure!

Toni – If they deliberately set the fires, they should be ‘charged with murder’. That is exactly what it became when it got out of control. If they had a fire they had made and it got out of control, maybe knock it down to manslaughter. It’s still hard to believe or even wrap my head around that many people dying because of carelessness or intentional acts. I don’t know how old those kids are; but, they don’t ‘think’ like adults do. I went tromping through the woods behind our house when we lived ‘in town’ to find out who was back there (after calling the fire department). Not my kids or any of their friends; but, some of the older boys in the neighborhood that would run the younger boys off so they could ‘smoke’. Cold, so they built a fire. One kid begged me to NOT tell his parents; the fireman was near enough to hear him and said, ‘won’t matter because I AM’. His Dad was an attorney in town. If it had gotten out of control and people had lost their homes or their lives … he could have been held responsible. They never came back into the woods. The Dads of the younger kids went out and cleared out a spot and made a fire pit for them to use. Of course, we also had to get a ‘burn permit’. Something we have to do if we are doing a ‘controlled burn’ in our yard. We burn our trash in a fire pit (tractor wheel).

Becca – Don’t worry, you’re not alone in ‘doing stupid things’. DH says that ‘he should have traded me in on two 21-year-olds. Hells bells, he could not handle the three 25-year-olds. But, he loves me too much to trade me in. After 44 years, he is stuck with me. LOL! I have a few dents in the counter top, and a few stains here and there. But, other than that, not too bad. But, I did tell him as soon as we had a warm sunny weekend coming up he was going to help me ‘empty my studio’ and let me rearrange it so that it is like I want it to be. Correction: How I have ALWAYS wanted it to be.

Karen in Virginia – Now that is one way to look at it. Like going to a ‘buffet’ restaurant and watching kids pick food up then put it back. No telling where those little hands have been.

Such sadness and hurt from two of our fine police officers [Americus, GA] losing their lives in a shoot-out when filing/serving papers on a domestic incident. Made the national news. Poor woman who called in ‘for help’ was so sad that she felt responsible for their deaths. Dispatcher stayed on the phone with her trying to comfort her until another policeman could come see about her. Two very young (25 – more or less) dead. Needlessly and for nothing. Domestic violence situations when a policeman is called can turn deadly for anybody involved. Both men were to be married this spring. One was going to marry the sister of the other. Friends for life, grew up together; went to the academy together, worked for awhile together. One worked for the Sheriff’s Department (Americus, GA) his friend worked for the Southwestern University Police Force and heard the call, knowing he was alone, so he went to help him. First officer died at the scene. He tried saving him although he had been shot; but, he had to be airlifted to Macon and died earlier today (or last night). Americus looks like a convention of law enforcement. So sad at any time; but, especially at this time of the year. I know how sad I was when I lost my Mother on the 15th of December. Still hard and I cry whenever I hear “Silent Night” which was sung at her Memorial Service.

Lenora