Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Cheri DH is lucky to have found you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I can officially say that the Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce is beyond GORGEOUS! :D
    Now I have to decide who I love most to give it to. I had planned fish soup for my son (a gourmet chef) , but I am reconsidering.
    I think I will email him to ask. It's DDIL I am worrying about.
    It really was worth all the hassle.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx (watching Masterchef Professional on TV)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cheri - I utterly agree about your DH being lucky to have found you.

On the subject of your feet getting tingly on the treadmill, etc., I had real trouble with the same thing at about the 10- to 15-minute mark. It may be as simple as your feet being in a too-narrow shoe or your laces being too tight. Especially if you have high arches. If you're wearing thick socks for winter, it might be tightening them up just enough to cause the issue. I had the same issues, and found that the New Balance shoes eliminated the issue for me as the toe box is wider, and I'm careful to lace them tight enough for support, but not so tight that I compress the nerves that are part of what causes the problem.

Just woke up from a much-needed three-hour nap.

Love y'all...
    Lisa in West Texas - still colder than a well-digger's left elbow
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Cheri - I utterly agree about your DH being lucky to have found you.

On the subject of your feet getting tingly on the treadmill, etc., I had real trouble with the same thing at about the 10- to 15-minute mark. It may be as simple as your feet being in a too-narrow shoe or your laces being too tight. Especially if you have high arches. If you're wearing thick socks for winter, it might be tightening them up just enough to cause the issue. I had the same issues, and found that the New Balance shoes eliminated the issue for me as the toe box is wider, and I'm careful to lace them tight enough for support, but not so tight that I compress the nerves that are part of what causes the problem.

Just woke up from a much-needed three-hour nap.

Love y'all...
    Lisa in West Texas - still colder than a well-digger's left elbow

Thanks Lisa. Just returned from the gym and did better with tingling today. I happen to wear New Balance shoes! I made sure my feet were positioned in the center of the feet pads. I think they travel to the front and up against the little lip there at the front. Did 30 mins. with 5 min cool down. Then hopped on the treadmill for 10 min. to get my step count up a bit for the day. Sitting here with cup of coffee and watching the NYGiants play. Have some chores to do this afternoon. One is to tackle the squeaking on my bed. We think its the bed frame so will take off the mattress and box spring and see what we can do. Only creaks when I turn over at night and it is so annoying.

Cheri
    in very chilly College Station, TX and who was glad she had seat heaters in her car today
  • csofled
    Options
    Cheri DH is lucky to have found you.

Thank you Margaret. I remind him of that often with a smile and a kiss and a hug!
  • csofled
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Good Morning! Wet and chilly here!

Cheri ~ I can well imagine what you have been through if your husband has been diagnosed with Asperger's. I remember some of the 5th graders I taught and how self-absorbed they were. You have been so supportive and i commend you for all you have done to make your marriage work.

Ladies ~ It seems like so many of you are venting this weekend about DH's. Hugs for all of you. I know exactly how you feel...47 yrs of marriage you go through a lot. My DH is so easily set off and rants/raves whenever he feels like it without regards to the feelings of others. He has not always been like this so I attribute it to age.

Carol

Thank you Carol.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA - your story of your husband had me in tears, no wonder we don't understand men. Do you think he would at least drink something like Ensure or banana shakes if he won't eat? Is there anything he really loves that he would eat everyday even if it didn't result in a balanced diet? Did his doctor mention that DH may be depressed? ((((hugs)))) to you - you must be beside yourself with worry.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Sherry – I live on the edge of 2 counties and have library cards in both, and they did not mind… I do all my logging in MFP, just let my fitbit port over the exercise and it seems to work like a charm while fitbit does take the info from MFP I just ignore it… I figure all exercise and calorie are a best guess, as I am sure I could measure a cup of something and but a bit more or a bit less in – and while I weigh most items I do use measuring cups for some.. And I know that when I am gardening some days I work harder than others, but all is the same calorie burn according to MFP

Sherry would you share your soup recipe?

Heather – maybe you could word it differently so DH knew upfront it was about you and how you deal with things…

Ann262 – take care of that! Would a big gauze pad help keep the area dry so you can do a moderate work out?

NYKaren – I can relate to taking care of mom’s – mine has my useless brother and her grandson living with her and I drove 1 hour to clean her gutters the other day! Her grandson would have done it but my brother is in the holiday mood which is pure grinch so he forbid his son to help his mom… what a piece of work that guy is.

Heather – I’ve done a few recipes like that – there is a limit to the amount of work I’ll do no matter how good. Ok Walnut pom sauce? I want that recipe ! I have both in my yard.

Charleen – take care!

Gayle – Take care – sorry to hear things are so tough!

Katla – my mom makes turkey soup with everything but noodles, then warms soup boils just enough noodles for the servings she will serve and puts noodles in everyones bowl tops with warm soup… done

Well in this part of CA it is “really” cold for just a short amount of time each winter and this is one of the weeks. It was 28 when Levi and I went walking today, and I waited until 7:30 to go out (we usually go about 5:30) so we are in and bundled up – it is clear but very cold for us. My house has crappy insulation, and each year I say I am going to do something about it… but the $$$ are too much. Today while we walked I got thinking about it and I think I could do the ceiling install of the rolled insulation myself, and then I could afford it – even if I had to do it in stages… so the next project is the research…

I am still sewing like crazy – last minute clients abound! (and pay!) so off to see how much more I can get done today.

December Goals:

Write Christmas letter, and have all cards ready to send by Dec1…this was for nov. but still working on it.
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption –
    Lunch with Kyle - Done

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    To those feeling the sting of the cost of internet etc. I told you awhile back about getting comcast for $9.95 a month which includes 1000gb of use and Xfinity TV. I got it because the boys qualify for free lunch however you can also get it as a senior. Just go on the internet and search low income internet and you will find companies that provide this service. You can do everything on the internet and not ever talk with them. They send the modem in the mail with everything you need to hook it up and then if you want it working right away rather than the date they gave you, call them after you connect to your modem and they will get you going that day. I then use a Roku and pay for Netflix. Limited Hulu is included with Xfinity tv. Way cheaper and I can choose what I want -not what they want to give me.
  • GloworminWA
    Options
    Rita - you might check with the manufacturer of Celebrex and see if they have a program that helps with your meds. Many of the manufacturers do and will send a card that says you never pay over a certain amount per Rx. I had a med once that was over $300 but due to their program I never paid more than $25.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Janetr OKC~ You are such an inspiration. keep posting those pictures! You are the physical "light" at the end of our tunnels. ((((((hugs)))
    Becca
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    janet wow, WTG you look awesome. You are an inspiration
    NYKAREN
  • Annr
    Options
    606kyz3indip.jpg
    The advent calendar completed. (Yep I took out all the decorations because I decorated that darn apron last week) so I just put them all on today:-)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Kim - The recipe uses pomegranate molasses. I buy the bottles from Amazon. The sauce must be incredibly fattening! 250 gms shelled walnuts !

Janetr - Fantastic job! Truly life changing! <3

Heather UK
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Becca love the list!

Janetr WOW!...WOW!

Finished up AARP driving course today. It saves me 10% a year on my insurance for three years. Did not go to church because either way I would have gone would have black ice. The afternoon service would not be done until 5:00 so you have black ice, and it is dark. Our current temperature is -8. We warm to the 20's tomorrow. I plan to drive new car into work. I'll drive in snow and rain. I draw the line at icy roads. I avoid them if at all possible. Less than 10 Christmas cards to go. Used cartoons again to create my letter.

One cartoon said the Dr. said I will live to 95. The character said I am 95. My comment was my mother beat him by three years.

:heart: Margaret
  • Annr
    Options
    tuyrc34wtz53.jpg
    da6c25zsktse.jpg

Two pictures for you all, just for fun. We used to do SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) group. Here we are attending an event dressed like Hoplites. This was in 2011. Enjoy. My boys look quite fierce!