The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hi is there room for one more?

I’m 40 something doing low carb high fat for medical reasons, half way through my journey and would like some support/friends like minded 😊

Your profile picture makes my eyes cross. Well a bad sleep does that too.

Welcome
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Good Friday all,

I started the day with some great news. My weekly weigh in has me down 3 pounds. That's 7.6 in total and I'm wondering when it starts to show.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good Friday all,

I started the day with some great news. My weekly weigh in has me down 3 pounds. That's 7.6 in total and I'm wondering when it starts to show.

That's wonderful news! Congrats.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Good Friday all,

Yay way to go
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Hey to all who wrote kind words about my down in the dumps day yesterday thanks. I'm still a bit hummed but will find out in an hour what the course of treatment will be.

Then I'm cooking because there's something else in the works that's super exciting
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Hey to all who wrote kind words about my down in the dumps day yesterday thanks. I'm still a bit hummed but will find out in an hour what the course of treatment will be.

Then I'm cooking because there's something else in the works that's super exciting

Whaaat?! Reveal all . . . . you left us hanging! :)
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    Good Friday all,

Awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    Anna28518 wrote: »
    Good Friday all,

That's wonderful news! Congrats.
    Good Friday all,

Yay way to go
    Good Friday all,

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Thank you. I have to prove you can lose weight after 40. My father doesn't believe me yet :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

Whatcha cookin'?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    When you get to physio and he walks in saying that's a big tear and I waited to tell you in person cause I knew you'd be upset. He said to get an mri and yep try to avoid the surgery is not fun

The cooking... I like to cook and my family always makes me apply to any cooking shows. I was invited to the casting call. I didn't fill out the application well thinking no one gets chosen for these but then they started following me on Instagram and I got the invite yesterday. It'll be interesting just to see what goes on
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well, hell. I guess I fall into middle aged at 37 haha! 65lbs to lose feel free to add my old self haha
  • fatty233
    fatty233 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When you get to physio and he walks in saying that's a big tear and I waited to tell you in person cause I knew you'd be upset. He said to get an mri and yep try to avoid the surgery is not fun

The cooking... I like to cook and my family always makes me apply to any cooking shows. I was invited to the casting call. I didn't fill out the application well thinking no one gets chosen for these but then they started following me on Instagram and I got the invite yesterday. It'll be interesting just to see what goes on

That’s so cool!! What cooking show??
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    RNMom2010 wrote: »
    Well, hell. I guess I fall into middle aged at 37 haha! 65lbs to lose feel free to add my old self haha

Just a youngin' yet :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

That's awesome. Hope we'll see you on the TV soon.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I can't imagine I'll make the show but it's a fun thing to add to my list of neatnthings I've gotten to do in life
  • beachgal0626
    Options
    I can't imagine I'll make the show but it's a fun thing to add to my list of neatnthings I've gotten to do in life

That's cool!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

That's cool!

and in other crazy things I do, I answered a random call for volunteers to march in the santa claus parade, I figured my 10 year old would love that. Well they're asking for his measurements I guess we will be doing a 6km walk in November
  • Nitephall
    Nitephall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50. It would be nice to have fellow fitness pals who are around my age. I workout regularly and do my best to eat right, but I struggle with the night munchies. I've heard we join groups on this app?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Today started out as an amazing late morning with some emails that had exceptional news. However, after lunch my Dr called with the results of my shoulder ultrasound and i have a rotator cuff tear. :( not a happy camper especially since today I skated and it hurts like heck. Guess it's time to be good and do everything I'm told

Sorry to hear that, Ali. I injured a shoulder lifting a couple of years ago. For once, I followed all the advice from the medical professionals. It healed over time and I am back on the bench press. Best wishes for a surgery-free recovery.

• AliNouveau
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Today started out as an amazing late morning with some emails that had exceptional news. However, after lunch my Dr called with the results of my shoulder ultrasound and i have a rotator cuff tear. :( not a happy camper especially since today I skated and it hurts like heck. Guess it's time to be good and do everything I'm told

Sorry to hear that, Ali. I injured a shoulder lifting a couple of years ago. For once, I followed all the advice from the medical professionals. It healed over time and I am back on the bench press. Best wishes for a surgery-free recovery.

Thanks I will try my best. But will not for spontaneous healing cause that can happen.....right?