The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• charlesbelcher
    charlesbelcher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    47 here feel free to add
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hope you're all having a good day!
  • pmm300
    pmm300 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone tonight? Feel free to add me.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,225 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone (sunday morning in sydney), lovely cool and breezy day, went for a run and then for a dip at the beach, feeling buzzy and hope that means some calories are getting burnt off! About to plan my meals for the week, does anyone else do that? I enter them into MFP for the whole week, and then anything I tweak during the week I make sure it fits the average for the week, feels workable so far. Hope everyone's having a good weekend x
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    47 here feel free to add

Added
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well met, my friends. Has anyone gone through cataract surgery? I have it scheduled for Thursday this week. I’m not sure what to expect. Did you feel anything? I’m told I’ll have a sedative and a local similar to a what one gets with a colonoscopy. Problem is, I have to have those done under general anesthesia because the regular stuff doesn’t work on me well enough and I get in a lot of pain.

I’m very nervous that I’ll feel the knife, so to speak.

I’m also told I’ll have a patch over my left eye all day Thursday so I think I’ll form a hip hop group and call myself Left Eye Stevie Mac. 😆
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, 51 yo, happily married female wanting to lose weight, get in shape and feel great.
  • Keto4happiness
    Keto4happiness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. 44 years old, love to run, eat healthy, and always looking for encouragement and to give it back
  • angie6491
    angie6491 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 attempting to lose 80lbs
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Have a great Sunday y'all. ☕
  • rrrochel
    rrrochel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, just turned 48 and need to lose 15 lb, looking for some support:)
  • jnewton4107
    jnewton4107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will be 42 yrs. this summer. I am hoping to get back on track, as getting strayed is SO easy. I have lots of weight to lose also...
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    I’m 56 and after 6 months of commitment, I’m down 42 lbs and am at my goal weight. My doc told me I was pre-diabetic and that REALLY got my attention, so my wife and I started logging everything we ate, got back into the gym and I fell better than I have in years, weigh less than I did when I retired from the Army in ‘03 (she’s down 40+ lbs too!).
    Every day brings new challenges but another opportunity to improve! 56 is the new 30! 😎bvov8fkxk7ek.jpeg
    q6pz8835txfb.jpeg

Awesome and inspiring!
  • adamadams6591
    adamadams6591 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    39 soon, add me feel free.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    Found some good deals on shoes, anyone have experience with the Brooks Glycerin 16? Reviews seem great. Also anyone see any good deals on Garmin watches or like a particular one? I currently have a 230 but am looking to upgrade to one with a heart rate monitor. Researching to be ready for cyber monday...

You may pay a bit more for the higher end Garmins, but they are very handy devices if you're looking to do HR zone training. I have a 920xt, which is a multisport watch. Its not the latest garmin device, so you should be able to find deals on it. I use it to track swim/bike/run/elliptical workouts, but you can set up screens for any other activity you want. I have the Garmin chest strap HR monitor , but you could also use other HR straps, such as Wahoo,etc. If you ride a bike, the 920 will pair with your bike's power meter as well. Finally, Garmin uploads easily to training analytics software such as Training Peaks. If you have a TP account, this is a very cool feature.

Of course, other recently released Garmin devices will do all of this and more. Those would be the 935, 735 or Fenix series. Have fun shopping!
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    8 miles in before the rain started in the dmv...
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    8 miles in before the rain started in the dmv...

8 miles is impressive. What's DMV?
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dmv = Dc, Maryland, virginia