Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• charlesbelcher
    charlesbelcher Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    47 here feel free to add
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hope you're all having a good day!
  • pmm300
    pmm300 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone tonight? Feel free to add me.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,400 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone (sunday morning in sydney), lovely cool and breezy day, went for a run and then for a dip at the beach, feeling buzzy and hope that means some calories are getting burnt off! About to plan my meals for the week, does anyone else do that? I enter them into MFP for the whole week, and then anything I tweak during the week I make sure it fits the average for the week, feels workable so far. Hope everyone's having a good weekend x
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    47 here feel free to add

Added
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Well met, my friends. Has anyone gone through cataract surgery? I have it scheduled for Thursday this week. I’m not sure what to expect. Did you feel anything? I’m told I’ll have a sedative and a local similar to a what one gets with a colonoscopy. Problem is, I have to have those done under general anesthesia because the regular stuff doesn’t work on me well enough and I get in a lot of pain.

I’m very nervous that I’ll feel the knife, so to speak.

I’m also told I’ll have a patch over my left eye all day Thursday so I think I’ll form a hip hop group and call myself Left Eye Stevie Mac. 😆
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, 51 yo, happily married female wanting to lose weight, get in shape and feel great.
  • Keto4happiness
    Keto4happiness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. 44 years old, love to run, eat healthy, and always looking for encouragement and to give it back
  • angie6491
    angie6491 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 attempting to lose 80lbs
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Have a great Sunday y'all. ☕
  • rrrochel
    rrrochel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, just turned 48 and need to lose 15 lb, looking for some support:)
  • jnewton4107
    jnewton4107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will be 42 yrs. this summer. I am hoping to get back on track, as getting strayed is SO easy. I have lots of weight to lose also...
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    I’m 56 and after 6 months of commitment, I’m down 42 lbs and am at my goal weight. My doc told me I was pre-diabetic and that REALLY got my attention, so my wife and I started logging everything we ate, got back into the gym and I fell better than I have in years, weigh less than I did when I retired from the Army in ‘03 (she’s down 40+ lbs too!).
    Every day brings new challenges but another opportunity to improve! 56 is the new 30! 😎bvov8fkxk7ek.jpeg
    q6pz8835txfb.jpeg

Awesome and inspiring!
  • adamadams6591
    adamadams6591 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    39 soon, add me feel free.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    Found some good deals on shoes, anyone have experience with the Brooks Glycerin 16? Reviews seem great. Also anyone see any good deals on Garmin watches or like a particular one? I currently have a 230 but am looking to upgrade to one with a heart rate monitor. Researching to be ready for cyber monday...

You may pay a bit more for the higher end Garmins, but they are very handy devices if you're looking to do HR zone training. I have a 920xt, which is a multisport watch. Its not the latest garmin device, so you should be able to find deals on it. I use it to track swim/bike/run/elliptical workouts, but you can set up screens for any other activity you want. I have the Garmin chest strap HR monitor , but you could also use other HR straps, such as Wahoo,etc. If you ride a bike, the 920 will pair with your bike's power meter as well. Finally, Garmin uploads easily to training analytics software such as Training Peaks. If you have a TP account, this is a very cool feature.

Of course, other recently released Garmin devices will do all of this and more. Those would be the 935, 735 or Fenix series. Have fun shopping!
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    8 miles in before the rain started in the dmv...
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    dely217 wrote: »
    8 miles in before the rain started in the dmv...

8 miles is impressive. What's DMV?
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dmv = Dc, Maryland, virginia