The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Happy last Wednesday before Winter Break!!! These are trying times in school. Most of my students have checked out mentally, some have checked out physically, and the stress of getting all the loose ends tied up is a bit much. The old me would be hitting every vending machine and class with goodies I could find....today I took my planning period, wrapped up and went and walked on the track for 30 minutes. Most of my stress stayed out on the track and I believe I can make it the rest of the day!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    The last few days for me have been rough. I'm quite tired, run down. My weight loss has stalled. Monday my workout was half-a$$ed at best. It took me a while to get moving this morning. I did make it to the gym this morning and did all my lifts. I overate last night during date night. Hard to pass up good Mexican food. I hope you're all doing well.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Warning: Rant coming.

Ugh. Being a cricket fan in the US is completely annoying sometimes. To watch my favorite team (England) play Sri Lanka I had to subscribe to Willow. But Willow doesn't seem to actually cover England. So now, even though Willow does cover the West Indies, they aren't broadcasting the series against England. For that I need to subscribe to SkySports (more expensive).

Of course, my Verizon cable service only offers either of those channels as a package with about 17 other sports channels I don't want pay for.

I wish watching England, wherever they play in the world, would be as simple as a 1 channel subscription. If I can't watch the Ashes in 2019, I'll shall be very put out. Possibly even cross.

</Rant>
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - synchronized skating sounds beautiful!

I skate, but not very well. It is something I always wanted to do better, so I made sure both of my boys learned to skate and skate well. Today, I take my granddaughter out public skating most weeks. We both could use the practice. :) I told her that I will take figure skating with her if she likes, that way we could both learn together. lol.

Ran yesterday! It has been a few months since I ran, so it felt good to do it again. Also got the burpees in for the challenge.

Coffee with my girlfriends last evening, followed by a cruise around town to check out all the beautiful Christmas lights. It was a good day. :)

I love it. You could get a coach to come out and help both of you. It's a fun thing to do. I tell people it feels like flying when you glide across the ice. I really love it
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I played in a bonspiel today. It's the daytime crowd. Some of these guys are 80 and you'd never guess. Inhave a feeling a man I played with is pushing 90! It shows how keeping active and fit really is a good thing
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I played in a bonspiel today. It's the daytime crowd. Some of these guys are 80 and you'd never guess. Inhave a feeling a man I played with is pushing 90! It shows how keeping active and fit really is a good thing

I've been looking at stories of people who are 90-100. I've come to the conclusion through their stories that, barring accidents or genetic issues, keeping an active body and mind is the fountain of youth. Also daily intake of whisk(e)y. They all seem to have that in common as well. :)
  • AliNouveau
    Options

I've been looking at stories of people who are 90-100. I've come to the conclusion through their stories that, barring accidents or genetic issues, keeping an active body and mind is the fountain of youth. Also daily intake of whisk(e)y. They all seem to have that in common as well. :)

Haha true. After the first game my skip looked around and said is anyone drinking? I said I see a few but if you order something I will and he turned to me and said we earned it! " I really do believe from playing with these guys age is just a number. They were thrown some amazing shots.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

Haha true. After the first game my skip looked around and said is anyone drinking? I said I see a few but if you order something I will and he turned to me and said we earned it! " I really do believe from playing with these guys age is just a number. They were thrown some amazing shots.

Nice. And I agree. Age is a just a number. That's why I don't really consider myself middle aged. Glad you have fun today.
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! New to MyFitnessPal and as I'm 42, figured I would fit in on this board. :)

A bit about me -- about four years I was diagnosed with a gluten allergy, spurring me to start eating cleaner and finally lose weight. I returned to Weight Watchers, where I was able to lose 60 lbs, reclaimed Lifetime status, and became a runner in the process.

I unfortunately have put on a few of my pounds back since the summer due to stress. And I also have found myself struggling with WW's food limitations as I am now a half-marathoner and I work out normally twice a day, with strength training in the morning and running/Zumba in the evening. I'm now working with a sports nutritionist to lose those few pounds I gained and make sure I'm fueling myself properly, and she suggested I use MyFitnessPal.

I'm looking forward to learning lots and continuing my fitness journey!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    corriepelc wrote: »
    Hi everyone! New to MyFitnessPal and as I'm 42, figured I would fit in on this board. :)

A bit about me -- about four years I was diagnosed with a gluten allergy, spurring me to start eating cleaner and finally lose weight. I returned to Weight Watchers, where I was able to lose 60 lbs, reclaimed Lifetime status, and became a runner in the process.

I unfortunately have put on a few of my pounds back since the summer due to stress. And I also have found myself struggling with WW's food limitations as I am now a half-marathoner and I work out normally twice a day, with strength training in the morning and running/Zumba in the evening. I'm now working with a sports nutritionist to lose those few pounds I gained and make sure I'm fueling myself properly, and she suggested I use MyFitnessPal.

I'm looking forward to learning lots and continuing my fitness journey!

Welcome. Sounds like you are on a great path.
  • AliNouveau
    Options

Nice. And I agree. Age is a just a number. That's why I don't really consider myself middle aged. Glad you have fun today.

Totally age is just a number. I know from skating so many younger people don't understand experience and training is much more important than age. I can out skate many half my age. Just like these curlers can out curl many half their ages. I'm glad I joined my Monday league. I really like playing with these guys
  • Dude_It_Is_Time
    Dude_It_Is_Time Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me. Just turned 53 🙄
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday y'all!
    Shortest day of the year already.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Add me. Just turned 53 🙄

Okay. Will do.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Have a GREAT Friday everyone!!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

I love it. You could get a coach to come out and help both of you. It's a fun thing to do. I tell people it feels like flying when you glide across the ice. I really love it

That is exactly what my granddaughter says to me. <3
    Would love to hire a coach - just have to find one. great suggestion!
  • AliNouveau
    Options

That is exactly what my granddaughter says to me. <3
    Would love to hire a coach - just have to find one. great suggestion!

Ask at the rinl they might know someone
  • alanaj68
    alanaj68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    50 here feel free to add me
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! hope you all have a great weekend
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options