The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• javaking9
    javaking9 Posts: 12 Member
    TechieTrev wrote: »
    50 here... feel free to add me.

Added! I'm 48 and a tech guy too 👍
  • DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Gods of motivation HELP me...My fat shirts don't even fit anymore

Was Thanksgiving too delicious? I made a Canadian American Thanksgiving. I love turkey and stuffing. If it were socially acceptable I'd drink mugs of gravy a84u1o9d5gdd.jpg

Aw @AliNouveau you celebrate Thanksgiving twice, it looks yummy & it's nice to see you, again!

Hey @DecreasingDuchess how are you my lovely friend?

I'm doing better & enjoying the season, thank you for asking! I am happy to read that your recovering well, via your surgery! :flowerforyou:

Yes I am thanks. I figured out a way to sleep without a lot of pain. Yay. The 1 pound weight though...haha. It's amazing how your muscles go so quickly

You're very much welcome! The 1st goal's being as painless, as plausible! When I had a pinched nerve within my left arm, I had to learn to sleep upon my back {I am typically, a side sleeper}. I understand, the weakness. For every 2 weeks that I was unable to exercise it, I lost a level of progress.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member

Was Thanksgiving too delicious? I made a Canadian American Thanksgiving. I love turkey and stuffing. If it were socially acceptable I'd drink mugs of gravy a84u1o9d5gdd.jpg

Aw @AliNouveau you celebrate Thanksgiving twice, it looks yummy & it's nice to see you, again!

I'm doing better & enjoying the season, thank you for asking! I am happy to read that your recovering well, via your surgery! :flowerforyou:

Yes I am thanks. I figured out a way to sleep without a lot of pain. Yay. The 1 pound weight though...haha. It's amazing how your muscles go so quickly

You're very much welcome! The 1st goal's being as painless, as plausible! When I had a pinched nerve within my left arm, I had to learn to sleep upon my back {I am typically, a side sleeper}. I understand, the weakness. For every 2 weeks that I was unable to exercise it, I lost a level of progress.

It's really frustrating isn't it. I had to sleep sitting up at first. Since starting the strengthening phase I've noticed new aches because the muscles are waking up. I figure temporary pain for long term results.

Hope you are fairly healthy right now and enjoying the festive season seems to start earlier and earlier
  • DecreasingDuchess

It's really frustrating isn't it. I had to sleep sitting up at first. Since starting the strengthening phase I've noticed new aches because the muscles are waking up. I figure temporary pain for long term results.

Hope you are fairly healthy right now and enjoying the festive season seems to start earlier and earlier

For me it was sitting that'd aggravate it, so I'd just stand or've to lay somewhere. I surmise that pain might be because your still healing via the surgery, whist also exercising it.

My arm's been fine since February, my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/CFS's better than when I was younger & thinner! I chose to start the eating & drinking as soon as the items were available, so that I'd be able to resume my weight riddance without stalling between events. I'd like to celebrate my 40th birthday this coming April by at least being my highest healthiest weight, which's only 11.7 pounds via what I am now!
  • AliNouveau

For me it was sitting that'd aggravate it, so I'd just stand or've to lay somewhere. I surmise that pain might be because your still healing via the surgery, whist also exercising it.

My arm's been fine since February, my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/CFS's better than when I was younger & thinner! I chose to start the eating & drinking as soon as the items were available, so that I'd be able to resume my weight riddance without stalling between events. I'd like to celebrate my 40th birthday this coming April by at least being my highest healthiest weight, which's only 11.7 pounds via what I am now!

Hey that's awesome!!!!
  • DecreasingDuchess

Hey that's awesome!!!!

Thank you bunches, Ali!
  • kenthepainter2
    kenthepainter2 Posts: 58 Member
    Does anyone feel like a "dietary reboot" is in order after this week ?
  • AliNouveau
    edited November 2019
    Happy weekend middle agers.

We are bracing for a winter storm forecasted for tomorrow. Freezing rain and snow....joy. It's been a great day otherwise. Gotta love good karma....I'm organizing a bonspiel and traditionally the organizers spent a good chunk of the organizing budget on getting someone to pipe the curlers onto the ice. I decided to forego this so we could have better prizes....well just got offered a bagpiper who will be there to curl and wants to do it for free. Yay. Means I have to do a shot of whisky. Eek
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Do peeps really get through this together or are we just saying it? I need REAL motivation, encouragement, and praise when I get it dun son! A good few peeps to keep me accountable; and maybe making some long term good habits =)...whose one?
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Sunday!!!

Regarding the question above I think a lot of people benefit from feeling part of a community and feeling as if they have friends who are going through the same struggles so yes friends are good. Sometimes you even find awesome people who become actual real life friends. It's pretty cool
  • AliNouveau
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

I agree Ali. Some of my pals have been with me for years. They've been a huge support system, and we've had a lot of laughs along the way. One has become a great friend. We did a 10k together last year.

I had a friend come and stay with me a couple of years ago it was so much fun. I've also met a couple who were passing through town, another lives locally and lives skating so she came for lunch and made her daughter very jealous telling her who she was watching skate. I even met a friend on our summer trip to California. My whole family did! Sometimes you're lucky and find a fitness family. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Do peeps really get through this together or are we just saying it? I need REAL motivation, encouragement, and praise when I get it dun son! A good few peeps to keep me accountable; and maybe making some long term good habits =)...whose one?

I find the encouragement from my friends here keeps me on track. Reading their success stories has made me realize that I can do this, too. That keeps me from getting discouraged and giving up.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Does anyone feel like a "dietary reboot" is in order after this week ?

All the leftovers go out of this house today.
    We have a family Christmas party next Saturday. Oh boy...

Yeah. Thanksgiving is over. Here comes party season. My goal is to enjoy it while staying in Onederland. Cheers!
  • mrdvswolf
    mrdvswolf Posts: 3 Member
    48 and working on a handful of personal health goals. Been using MFP for about a year now to track food intake. I purposefully only brought 1 plate of leftovers home from the Thanksgiving gathering. Just what I'd eat the following day.
  • AliNouveau
    mrdvswolf wrote: »
    48 and working on a handful of personal health goals. Been using MFP for about a year now to track food intake. I purposefully only brought 1 plate of leftovers home from the Thanksgiving gathering. Just what I'd eat the following day.

Smart thinking. Those leftovers are the devil but so delicious
  • therealmarceline
    therealmarceline Posts: 38 Member
    Hi there! Full disclosure I lurked a little. What a nice, supportive bunch of peeps! I'm digging in now so that the holidays don't get completely out of hand. Monday is my" heavy weights" day and judging by this ice storm out side it might end up being a little different than I planned. Hope everyone is safe and warm tonight.
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Well, I'm officially 40. So far so good. Lol
  • jwd574
    jwd574 Posts: 9 Member
    Well, I'm officially 40. So far so good. Lol

It's not bad. Best years are in front of you if you choose not to get "old"
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Happy Monday, hope everyone survived the weekend without blowing their calories like I did. Have a great week!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    edited December 2019
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, hope everyone survived the weekend without blowing their calories like I did. Have a great week!

nope, I blew it big time from Thursday through yesterday. Definitely over maintenance. Dinner was at my house and left overs are a killer, not to mention having a house guest seems to also destroy my resolve and weaken my willpower.

So the scale will be back up on Thursday when i weigh in, but I'm hoping I can get back on the wagon seat today and keep it down. Leftovers are gone except for turkey, and that's a good, low cal source of protein, so I ate it for breakfast :)

This is exactly why the mindful eating concept will not work for me at all. I can easily eat way over what my maintenance levels are and still be hungry. For me, its a mind game much more than an actual hunger game - I know that many times that I feel hungry its in my head and not my body really wanting to eat. But that's an extremely hard battle to win, especially in the evenings!