Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Ninersfan7631Ninersfan7631 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Hey all, 43yo father of 5 and want to make sure I'm here as long as possible for them. Was put on BP and Cholesterol meds a year ish ago and was told to get in shape. Been trying and hope this app helps. Its awesome there is a community here to help. Quit smoking over 3 years ago and the community part of the app was a huge help. Feel free to add!

Congrats on quitting smoking!!! You got this!!! If you can quit smoking, im sure you'll be in shape in no time. It's all about being committed, consistent and disciplined 💪

Thank you so much!
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member
    Happy Hump day all! I have exercised for 6 days in a row. Today will be a rest day (although I should manage close to 20,000 steps). I'm really looking forward to relative sedentariness...
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member Member, Premium Posts: 387 Member
    Hey all, 43yo father of 5 and want to make sure I'm here as long as possible for them. Was put on BP and Cholesterol meds a year ish ago and was told to get in shape. Been trying and hope this app helps. Its awesome there is a community here to help. Quit smoking over 3 years ago and the community part of the app was a huge help. Feel free to add!

I've found the app invaluable. My BP, 1AC and cholesterol have all gone from high to normal or low over the last year. I've lost around 20kgs.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,846 Member Member Posts: 34,846 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Happy Hump day all! I have exercised for 6 days in a row. Today will be a rest day (although I should manage close to 20,000 steps). I'm really looking forward to relative sedentariness...

Hey well done. I've been working hard lately too. I can feel my body getting tired so I'm going to go easy today but i can feel changes so that keeps me going. It's amazing when you notice the hard work making a difference
  • SFnBaldSFnBald Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Have any of you tried or are currently doing Orange Theory or another similar group fitness like that? I used to love doing boot camp classes years ago. My biggest hurdle or at least my current excuse is the intimidation factor of just walking through the doors and not embarrassing myself trying to get started.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Member Posts: 34,846 Member Member Posts: 34,846 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »
    Have any of you tried or are currently doing Orange Theory or another similar group fitness like that? I used to love doing boot camp classes years ago. My biggest hurdle or at least my current excuse is the intimidation factor of just walking through the doors and not embarrassing myself trying to get started.

I've a friend who does it and loves it. I checked out the website and I felt the claims they made on there were to appeal to someone who doesn't really know much about fitness and wants a quick fix. From what my friend says it seems quite gimmicky. She'll tell me she ran at a quick per mile pace I asked for how long well it's just a quick interval. If you're into that kind of thing I'm sure it would be good. Not my thing.

Also why ever feel embarrassed for starting? Everyone has to and did start somewhere. I am often told at the rink someone was too intimidated because they saw the skaters were really good....know what if you make the effort someone like me with help you and give you some pointers. It takes a lot of guts to try.
  • MrPositivity77MrPositivity77 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Starting over and looking for some middle aged dudes to help keep me accountable. 42 male with 60 to lose!
  • sarcstk1inctsarcstk1inct Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member

This app has been a Godsend. It's helped me realize just how crappy I was eating... LOL. Congrats on quitting smoking.

Determination is all that is needed to succeed. I am a mother of 2 and they are my purpose for continuing to improve in all aspects of my life. Whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated! This place is an awesome asset in that journey.

Ok, I will stop sounding like an inspirational poster on the wall of HR...

This app has been a Godsend. It's helped me realize just how crappy I was eating... LOL. Congrats on quitting smoking.

Determination is all that is needed to succeed. I am a mother of 2 and they are my purpose for continuing to improve in all aspects of my life. Whatever it takes to keep yourself motivated! This place is an awesome asset in that journey.

Ok, I will stop sounding like an inspirational poster on the wall of HR...

Thanks so much! I love all the support here. I like the app so far and I think it will be a huge help in reaching my goal!
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 238,452 Member Member Posts: 238,452 Member
    SFnBald wrote: »

No I haven't tried it. But just remember everyone there was new once. So whilst you might feel embarrassed , push yourself to go in and once you've done that the biggest hurdle is over, you'll make friends and day 2 will be easier.
  • isleycatisleycat Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    48, mother of two under 10. I’m inspired by the success stories. Second time around on MFP. Lots of trepidation. I can use some friends!
    isleycat wrote: »
    48, mother of two under 10. I’m inspired by the success stories. Second time around on MFP. Lots of trepidation. I can use some friends!

You can do it!
  • YellowD0gsYellowD0gs Member Posts: 264 Member Member Posts: 264 Member
    Good morning, everyone. Tomorrow is Friday!
  • SFnBaldSFnBald Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Good morning!
  • bidingmytimebidingmytime Member Posts: 129 Member Member Posts: 129 Member
    Just thought I'd pop in here and say, "Hello, and good morning" to everyone! Have a splendiferous day!
  • renydo2renydo2 Member Posts: 1,976 Member Member Posts: 1,976 Member
    Happy Birthday!! @tinekelacy !! Have a great day!!

Hello all you lovely middle -agers!! Hope each and every one of you succeed today!!
    edited February 20
  • kdrempelkdrempel Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    52 yrs old mom of 16 yr old son. First time on MFP. Want to get fit for my health and to ski with my son. Entered my first breakfast and only have 550 calories left for the day. Can already see this is going to be enlightening and challenging 😆
  • lilbion23lilbion23 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member