The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Mama_runs_slow
    Mama_runs_slow Posts: 1,078 Member
    I am a middle-Ager! 41 turning 42. Recommitting to my fitness :)
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Moooorning and Happy Friday.
    Had a bit of a hiatus here, work-related, just couldn't find the time, but the water seems to be a bit calmer now, so I'm focusing back on me me me me me :D

Have a great day all!
  • jwills9082
    jwills9082 Posts: 16 Member
    Good morning my fellow middle ager’s , I’m going to ignore the aches this weekend and pretend I’m 21 again 😂 . I’ve given up alcohol for lent so I’ll have to dance around the kitchen sobbed tonight 🤣 at least it’ll burn a few calories! Have a great day guys . 😘
  • twirthg
    twirthg Posts: 81 Member
    Hi, I am a returning member.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Good morning everybody! Hope y'all are having a good weekend. About to head out for a run with the dogs.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,824 Member
    I think it's time to say this again.

If you're getting friend requests from "people" with "interesting" profile picture, please report them! The staff is trying to stop all this silliness, but for now there's bots taking over old, inactive accounts.

Go to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10823922/help-inappropriate-friend-requests-pics/ and list the account name. Staff IS paying attention; it's taking a little while to get to them all because.... thousands. Literally thousands.

But please PLEASE report them before you delete the request.

Thanks.

Now back to being my normal grumpy self.....
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    57 years and 10 over. Tougher to lose this time around but spring is coming and golf with it . Pretty motivated at the present!
  • olgutza
    olgutza Posts: 3 Member
    I am new here, struggling with weight loss in my middle aged years. 20 pounds gain in two years, and sciatica on top of it. A few signs of improvement, with a wholesome diet and more steps.
  • Slappy74
    good morning y'all. how was the weekend?
  • ABunny1980
    ABunny1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello All, I was away from here for about 3 years. I had lost 90lbs. I had kept that off and been struggling to lost more (the plateau was harsh). With covid and other live stress I've gained it back after 3 years of keeping it off. I am over 400lbs again. Just looking to add friends in my age. I am 40, Female, 400+ bls (will update exact in MFP if I figure that out).
  • FitNae_
    FitNae_ Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all, turning 45 this year.....Started 1 week today and hoping to make some friend's to support eachother along the way! 😊🙌🏽
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Hello, you can add me. I am mid 50’s and have 100 pounds to lose.
  • Slappy74
    Happy humpday y'all! Hope everyone is meeting their goals and having a good week!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    Hi everyone! I am 44 and working towards my goal to achieve a weight of 140 by my 45th birthday on July 1st. I am 18 pounds away! I am working from home due to Covid and it has really worked in my favor. I can stop working at a decent time to get to the gym or do a DVD at home but lately I am struggling with some knee pain. The eliptical and bike don't hurt it so I need to recommit to getting to the gym 3 or 4 days a week. My eating is mostly ok with a few binge cycles creeping in lately because I am bummed about the knee pain. Time to flip the switch in my head and get back on it! It's crazy to think that I am less than 20 pounds away from my goal. I have lost about 55 pounds. I am proud of myself and I know I can do it.
  • cyfehr76
    cyfehr76 Posts: 45 Member
    Just turned 45 on 1/31/2021 :|
  • LunaTheFatCat
    LunaTheFatCat Posts: 237 Member
    Hey y’all! I’m 47 and in the last 14 months I’ve lost 147 pounds! 60 using weight watchers and then I had a bariatric surgery which totally changed my life — for the better! I love moving and I’m usually trying to get out to climb a mountain or a rock wall or run or whatever. After spending all of my adult life at or over 300 pounds, I’m working hard and enjoying these middle age years. 😂 I’m pretty strict about tracking and I’d love motivation and encouragement from mfp friends so please feel free to add me!

That's incredible, well done!