1234568»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    angpowers wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Yea, ppl on here can tend to NOT read the question your asking and offer "advice" that you did not ask for. To the point where your like wow -- some really think their "experts" on nutrition. haha Just laugh it off.

For two days, you'll be find. Not sure that will be long enough to make you crazy with craving that chewing experience or anything like that. If anything, it might just help you wean from the rich foods and decrease your desire for them and sweets. Most juices, in my opinion, have a sweet taste -- even the veggie rich ones.

And for two days, maybe you'll learn something about your body, juices etc and grow from there.
    Best of luck! :)

What do you think you learn about your body by avoiding solid foods for two days to overcompensate from an indulgent vacation? Besides what it feels like to crouch painfully on the toilet for 48-72 hours?

^^Maybe that she'd learn "hmmm, I don't like the way I felt"
    Duh?!

I think it's funny that so many are bashing her when she's curious to try something new.
    Good, bad or different ... I think you guys are just crazy to attack her.
    She bought it -- is going to try it -- and wondered if others have.
    Seems pretty simple to me.

I don't think she needs a positive comment from myself to "save" her.
    So silly.

Do you have any examples to share with us where people were bashing/attacking the OP?

Because I saw none of that in this thread.

The OP said some people PM'd her calling her stupid for doing it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Yea, ppl on here can tend to NOT read the question your asking and offer "advice" that you did not ask for. To the point where your like wow -- some really think their "experts" on nutrition. haha Just laugh it off.

For two days, you'll be find. Not sure that will be long enough to make you crazy with craving that chewing experience or anything like that. If anything, it might just help you wean from the rich foods and decrease your desire for them and sweets. Most juices, in my opinion, have a sweet taste -- even the veggie rich ones.

And for two days, maybe you'll learn something about your body, juices etc and grow from there.

What do you think you learn about your body by avoiding solid foods for two days to overcompensate from an indulgent vacation? Besides what it feels like to crouch painfully on the toilet for 48-72 hours?

Duh?!

I think it's funny that so many are bashing her when she's curious to try something new.

So silly.

Do you have any examples to share with us where people were bashing/attacking the OP?

Someone in this thread?

If not -- and if someone PM'd her how would she not know who it was? -- the suggestion that it was someone here should not be made. The posts in this thread haven't been "attacking" or "bashing" at all.

(Such PMs should be reported, IMO.)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Duh?!

So silly.

Someone in this thread?

If not -- and if someone PM'd her how would she not know who it was? -- the suggestion that it was someone here should not be made. The posts in this thread haven't been "attacking" or "bashing" at all.

I agree. I just see unicorns and rainbows. :)

I was posting what OP claimed.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    i started doing the master cleanse annually with my step dad when i was 14. Each bout was 10 days of the lemon juice, cayenne pepper, maple syrup and water mix. and also the dreaded salt water "flushes" which i could only do twice per cleanse not daily because even at 14 i had better things to do than hover over a toilet for 2.5 hours every morning.

after i moved out at 18 i kept doing them every year until i was about 28. the longest one i did for 23 days. i guess i partially did it for weight loss, but mostly i did it for discipline. i wanted to see if i could stick with something that was really tough. i've always struggled with moderation and this was not much of a help for my all or nothing mentality, it just stuck me at the nothing end of the spectrum for however long i was 'cleansing' and then i would ease out of it and go right back to ALL!

i do remember the 23 day cleanse though. it started out with the usual 3 days of misery before i got to the euphoria stage. i don't know what is responsible for the euphoria, possibly starvation? at any rate i was cruising through. i felt like i could have seriously done it forever, but a friend finally convinced me to stop the cleanse because i was acting weird, and i smelled bad and had a fuzzy tongue. as i came down from the high i started to survey the wreckage that my cleanse had wrought. aside from the intestinal problems of transitioning to solid food, it turns out i'm not a person who should really be high for 20 days straight. i make horrible decisions when i'm high, including acquiring a brand new roommate that i let move in after day 13.

eventually i just kind of got sick of doing them. the weight loss would just bounce right back after and i didn't want to drink that awful *kitten* anymore. it did save me money in my broke 20's though since i made it at home and the ingredients are all cheap.

tl/dr:
    pros: euphoria
    cons: euphoria based decisions
    no long term weight loss
    fuzzy tongue
    ketosis smell

2 days is not going to give you any of these, 2 days is probably not going to give you much at all. but that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

I understand that some folks experience euphoria as part of the dying process?

giphy.gif

I don't think I am dead. But 23 days of a juice cleanse and I might wish for death.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Duh?!

So silly.

Someone in this thread?

I agree. I just see unicorns and rainbows. :)

I was posting what OP claimed.

cjxjtls0nh8i.jpg

I like you