• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Starting weight:227
    Goal weight:175
    Current weight:215.3
    Total weight lost:11.7
    This week's successes: water intake was pretty good, prepped food so I didn't eat out.
    This week's challenges: didn't exercise enough

11.7! You are doing awesome! Let's see your check in for this week.
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options

@jungodog1
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Week 6

[*] I have to eat something that follows this rule - just eat something you’ve been afraid to try or have tried in the past and didn’t like. Now I have many problems with this. First, there is almost nothing I do not like. I think I can list them here.
    • Liver – I gag on liver and I have tried it as an adult a few times. Plus it’s a filter organ; Yuck!
    • Beets – tried them recently as a grown up (I’m 55 for Pete’s sake.) Beets tasted like dirt. Did not like.

Try roasted golden beets...much milder in flavor. (I dislike regular beets, but love these with a little vinegar and goat cheese or blue cheese).
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @jungodog1
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Week 6

[*] I have to eat something that follows this rule - just eat something you’ve been afraid to try or have tried in the past and didn’t like. Now I have many problems with this. First, there is almost nothing I do not like. I think I can list them here.
    • Liver – I gag on liver and I have tried it as an adult a few times. Plus it’s a filter organ; Yuck!
    • Beets – tried them recently as a grown up (I’m 55 for Pete’s sake.) Beets tasted like dirt. Did not like.

Try roasted golden beets...much milder in flavor. (I dislike regular beets, but love these with a little vinegar and goat cheese or blue cheese).

Thanks for the suggestion @PoisonDartFrog. Office is going to a Chinese Buffet for lunch today, they may have beets there. I have been told that the others get to pick what I have to try. We will see. I'm probably looking at squid ceviche. I like ceviche and I don't mind cooked squid - but raw...? :'(

I will look for golden beets and at least try them once sometime in the near future. I'm open to try,