January Fitness Challenges

Options

Replies

• klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fun= every *kitten* that pops up I go thru all the "bad" words I know and really random ones to see how they all play out. MFP madlibs.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Day 11 arms, thigh and yoga done :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,853 Member
    Options
    Day 1 ✅
    Day 2 ✅
    Day 3 ✅
    Day 4 rest
    Day 5 ✅
    Day 6 ✅
    Day 7 ✅
    Day 8 rest
    Day 9 ✅
    Day 10 ✅
    Day 11 ✅
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    JH Arm Challenge:
    Day 11 - ✔️
    Arm Challenge:
    Day 11 - ✔️
    Thigh Challenge:
    Day 11 - ✔️
    JH Sun Salutation Challenge:
    Days 11 - ✔️
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Day 12 thighs done.

To plug another challenge that just started sign ups for a beginning date of 1/23, please see the below information I have copied from another challenge I'm in...thanks @b3achy!! In this January challenge, there are some others who were in the previous challenge as well...@MiamiSeoul, @Joanna2012B, @GrandmaJackie and possibly many more.

On a separate note...the Amazing Race has posted their Winter Challenge announcement and is actively taking sign-ups!!! 8 weeks of challenging fun! 6 Teams of over 20 people each compete against each other to virtually get to various locations across the global. Check out/Join the following group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118329-amazing-race-winter-blitz

If you sign up, you'll recognize a few names from here (and I'm listing their teams from the last race, which should be our teams for this upcoming race):
    @120maggie was on Team 1
    @lbenson2006 was on Team 2
    @b3achy was on Team 5
    (are there other racers here?)

When you sign up, you can request to be on teams, but they do have to balance them out, so there are no guarantees you will get the team you requested. Last race, they had to implement a waiting list because it was so popular. Most, but not all, got in the game in the early weeks, as people had dropped out. So, sign up early if you are interested in participating! It was a lot of fun, and will push you to try new things. I was exhausted at the end of the 8 weeks (probably because I more than doubled my usual exercises minutes per week during the race).
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Sick all weekend :s

So I have caught up on my Thigh Challenge for up to today. I will catch up on the rest tonight. Still feeling crappy!! :(

Hoping you feel better soon! Sending a virtual hug!

Thank you @MiamiSeoul ! I think I'm back in the land of the living now. Have some challenges to catch up on. I will be all caught up by the end of the weekend!!

@lbenson2006 will you be a team captain again?
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 7 & 8 of the arm challenge and Day 10 of the thigh challenge done.

I cannot believe how a few days of sickness and no fitness make this so much harder! :s
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Sick all weekend :s

So I have caught up on my Thigh Challenge for up to today. I will catch up on the rest tonight. Still feeling crappy!! :(

Hoping you feel better soon! Sending a virtual hug!

Thank you @MiamiSeoul ! I think I'm back in the land of the living now. Have some challenges to catch up on. I will be all caught up by the end of the weekend!!

@lbenson2006 will you be a team captain again?

@Joanna2012B - Glad you are back with it. And yes, as long as they will have me!! Lol. I absolutely loved being a captain. :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Day 7 & 8 of the arm challenge and Day 10 of the thigh challenge done.

I cannot believe how a few days of sickness and no fitness make this so much harder! :s

Isn't it absurd how even though you think you are in pretty decent shape that a little skipping, for whatever the reason, makes you feel like you've skipped a year!! Lol.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Jan 1: 2x Sun Salutations
    Jan 2: 2x Sun Salutations
    Jan 3: 4x Sun Salutations
    Jan 4: 4x Sun Salutations
    Jan 5: 4x Sun Salutations
    Jan 6: 4x Sun Salutations
    Jan 7: 4x Sun Salutations
    Jan 8: Rest
    Jan 9: 12x Sun Salutations
    Jan 10: 6x Sun Salutations
    Jan 11: 6x Sun Salutations
    Jan 12: 6x Sun Salutations
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Day 12 done :)
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 12 compete including cleaning, however, it should be noted that I did not wash all walls down, but rather spot cleaned them. Window cleaning is also included in the January challenge and given that I cleaned my windows this fall and it is winter where I live, I will not be including window cleaning in my January challenge.

Even with these modifications, I have to say, I'm getting a lot more done this month with respect to cleaning than I ever would have done on my own. :)
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank the Lord I live in a small apartment, if it was any bigger I'd have to quit my day job just to keep it clean and organized. Don't know how people with full on houses do it.... I'd hire out even if it put me in the poor house.

So, got all curtains and half the windows clean and the bathroom regular maintanence done again. I'm looking to paint some spots on the walls that need touching up but...... I'd rather watch videos of squats and hip thrusts.
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday guys!!!

Day 13 ✔️ and legs from yesterday as I needed a rest day yesterday.

Nearly half way through guys!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    klove808 wrote: »
    Thank the Lord I live in a small apartment, if it was any bigger I'd have to quit my day job just to keep it clean and organized. Don't know how people with full on houses do it.... I'd hire out even if it put me in the poor house.

So, got all curtains and half the windows clean and the bathroom regular maintanence done again. I'm looking to paint some spots on the walls that need touching up but...... I'd rather watch videos of squats and hip thrusts.

You get very very very efficient. It's part of the reason why I moved back in with my parents after my Mom had an accident a few years back. She was quasi invalid for over a year (complex knee injury with long recovery) and the house is on 2 floors with a large garden. I pay minimal rent and did the lion's share of the work. It's closer to 50% now, but still it's a huge time sink every week just doing the basic cleaning.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    And done up to day 13 with the legs!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Day 9, 10&11 arm challenge. Day 11&12 thigh challenge.

I'm almost caught up! I can't remember where I left of with Sun Salutations. So I will just start from the beginning and that I can get done this weekend!!
  • Joanna2012B
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oh yes day 12 of arm challenge... love rest days!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Day 13 thighs done. Happy Friday!