WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept well ..decided to step on the scale well i havent done that in a couple weeks..have lost close to 3 lbs I am guessing that is to stress and helping my daughter move.. but I will take it..
    have laundry in the wash and have gotten some other stuff done here. will have to pack a bag for staying with Faith so I dont have to be there until 3 tomorrow ,and then between work and getting Tal on the bus and working Saterday.. that will be my place to hang out..except this time will be taking care of the dog too.. he is very skitterish and is just getting used to me.
    Heather~ have a wonderful time..
    Cheri~ boy would I love to do something like that with my daughter and granddaughter..
    Barbie~ good luck finding your new furbaby
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Had a good start - 30 minutes on the treadmill at 206 calories - this is up from around 50 per 30 minutes so I'm happy. Thought I would share something about myself today. I am an avid gardener and this year more on top of it than ever. My seeds arrived yesterday. I am going to plant a number of plants indoors so I have all the planting times and transplanting times. My obsession has reached all new highs:)

Allie – I don’t know everything you are going through but I wish the best for you. We are all worthy of being treated the VERY best!
    Pipcd – Cool key chain and awesome stats!
    NYKaren – sorry to hear about your hubbie And great idea to log everything ahead – positive pressure
    Katia – Praying for you
    DJ – Congrats on the move!
    RE – Totally get the scale stress and good luck on your new challenge, you can do it!
    Cheri – Glad you are having fun and getting in so many steps!
    Toni - Great goal – you can do it!
    Lois - So sorry to hear about your hubbie and your knee. Our health is truly everything
    Mary – hope you feel better
    Barbie - great stats
    Michele – awesome job of 1 hour spinning wow
    Maritill – hello and you are a brave soul, glad you joined
    Goldberry – Ya I hear you – when they say tighten your abs – I look down and don’t see a difference lol!
    Gloria – Love your goal of “weigh less on January 31 than today” very realistic!!
    Sharon – I love what you said that the closer you get to starting the more you want sugar – I am exactly the same lol!

Wishing you all a great and meaningful day - Sarah from Ontario, Canada

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Katla prayers for your area flooding is awful. We have gotten a small amount of water in our basement from our gutter and the way the ground was not graded. That was bad enough. Problem since fixed.

Re since I have been suffering with one bad knee for a month now I feel for you. Yes unfortunately steroids can increase your appetite but it will be temporary. Did Dr. recommend surgery or exercises. My knee is bursitis and exercising is helping it. Chipping a layer of ice off our driveway yesterday did not help.

Michele I know what you mean by the cost of sheets. The last set I bought a couple of years ago at Kohl's with discount and extra coupons were still over $60 at that time. They are great sheets. That's why when I saw a nice set of Twin for 26 in clearance I snapped them up.

Heather prayers for a safe journey.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Blood tests done yesterday. Headache from clenching teeth all night and stress. Gotta get out of think funk somehow. Faking it is only giving me headaches.

You go Allie!

Rita
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Michele – I hate it when they have a big sign that something is for sale and the price is good; but, get to the check-out only to find they really meant the twin sheets were that price; I told them they could keep them. I was thinking I could use my points and get them for practically nothing. Got my $$$ back and the points put back on my Rewards card. They were flannel and I really wanted them; just did not want to spend that much that day. My retirement account has had quite a few 'hits' to it for so many reasons, beyond our control.

Lenora
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Raining and flooding in Houston..... again.

Marcelyn
    wet and almost underwater
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Penny, if my choice was stay I and avoid polar bears or go out for RUTABAGAS, I know what I would choose!! Oh well, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world, right? On the other hand, I'm curious about your "fermented milk products". What would those be? Buttermilk? Creme fraiche?
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Stay in, I mean
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    Gliwormin- I just ignore her
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    OK so a friend of mine is a real estate agent,coming tomorrow for a comprehensive market analysis on this house.. might be a bit trickier ,but will call down there too.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Penny, if my choice was stay I and avoid polar bears or go out for RUTABAGAS, I know what I would choose!! Oh well, if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world, right? On the other hand, I'm curious about your "fermented milk products". What would those be? Buttermilk? Creme fraiche?
    Lacruiser (what's your preferred name?) - If I had to choose between staying in and avoiding polar bears and going out for any of the rutabagas I've found in stores in the continental US, I'd stay in too! (Though I suppose I wouldn't be risking polar bears there.) But the rutabagas I get here are SOOOO good! Crispy and juicy and sweet – not dry, tough, bitter and totally encased in wax, like the abominations you might know from your grocery. :noway: I suspect it has to do with "my" rutabagas growing slowly in the long cool summer days of far northern Scandinavia. :sunglasses: In my opinion - and I think Karen in VA agrees with me here - a good rutabaga is a thing of joy forever!

As for my "fermented milk products", they don't exist in the US and I have no good translation. Our "filmjölk" is thicker and milder than buttermilk, but not as thick as creme fraiche. The most similar thing on your side of the pond is probably kefir. Filmjölk is possible to drink from a glass, but I eat it with a spoon out of a bowl, with a handful of muesli. My usual breakfast is a smoothie made of 120 g filmjölk, 100 g cottage cheese, ½ banana, ½ apple, ½ avocado, and a big piece of fresh ginger. :tongue:

Here's the scoop from Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filmjölk

/Penny, still weatherbound near the North Pole
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terrible sinus headaches for the past two days. I think it is the funky weather we are having in GA.

Carol
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Re HFLC is high fat low carb

Allie WTG keep strong

Heather have a great trip

Penny love your pics and stories

Congrats to all losers

Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member