WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cheri ~ Happy Birthday in the magic land of Disney! :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Never going to get caught up tonight I'm only at page 42 and 6 more to go. By the time I get back on tomorrow who knows how many more there will be! A quick Happy Anniversary to Barbie and Dh and Happy Birthday to Rori! Seems like there was someone else with an anniversary and I apologize for forgetting who it is. Heather so sorry for your husband's loss of someone he admired. Yay I will be on another armchair vacation - have a great time!!

Need to get to bed but I promise more tomorrow. Thanks to all for acknowledging my NSV - Love to all

Gloria in WA where my grandson's brand new drone is now sitting on top of our 3 story apt building. shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    kate UK
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Hi to all: Warmer today but rainy. The paddock will be really muddy again. It was kind of nice having the mud frozen. We are going to get our new phones this afternoon. We are going on a big family plan with my DS and DD, DH, myself and DGD. DGD is getting the same phone I am and has promised to teach me how to use it. That should be interesting. Went to the dentist this morning for checkup and cleaning and everything was good. Glad that is done and it cuts down on my eating for the rest of the day.

Cheri - Happy birthday and I know you are enjoying Disney!

Marcelyn - congrats on getting that 1/2 marathon done.

Katiebug - Yeah for you!

Penny - We have been warned there is a black bear in our area. Have not seen it, thank goodness.

Heather - Glad you are more relaxed now, enjoy your vacation.

Gloria - Those drones! They just can get away from you so easily, LOL.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Have a safe and FUN trip Heather.

Cheri, I thought you were going with your husband as an anniversary trip. But you mentioned a daughter.

We had a 3rd company come out today and give us an estimate on new guttering around the entire house and a better gutter guard. We don't want the expensive kind that will break the back but some kind of protection that is far better than what was put on when we had our roof put on. Then we need to get an estimate on painting, windows and landscaping. I wanted to get this all done in 215 when we had our bushes and tree removed but then Charlie got his meningitis and our world changed. Then last year it seems like either one of us couldn't stay out of the hospital. So here it is 2017 and I am ready to get these things done. I want to get estimates now so we can get one contractors spring list. I know painting should be done before gutter but we want the gutter up before all the whirly gigs come off of our and every one elses maple trees fly around. But to get the painting done we have to buy a new front door, garage door and back garage door. Money, money flying out of our checking account.

Joyce, Indiana
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey y'all -

I'm starting to catch up after spending the weekend away. Got a late start reading the forum, though.

Penny - Visiting bears sound a little scary! Although we did photograph mountain lion tracks right outside our house when we lived in New Mexico. Kind of neat, but best not to meet those "neighbors" face to face!

Joyce - Congratulations on getting your exercises in! I am also guilty of using the TV to keep me going. Without TV or a book in hand I tend to get bored and whiny during my exercise.

Barbie - Hope you find the right dog soon. I can't wait to see photos!

Allie - I want to echo what others have said. Find a good lawyer and let him or her represent you - take it from someone who DIDN'T follow this advice! When it comes to divorce, our exes will do things we never expected. It's better to have someone who can watch out for your interests and go to bat for you. It'll take some stress off of you and you'll likely end up better off in the long run. You can get through this.

I upped the resistance just a tiny bit on the exercise bike yesterday, and it make for a much harder workout. Probably just what I need to build up real-life endurance. It's been rainy here, so exercise has been confined to what I can do indoors.

There goes the beeper, calling me to the kitchen. Tonight is gumbo night and I'm cheating a bit by making the roux in the oven. Still have to get up and stir it every 20 minutes, but at least I don't have to stand at the stove until it's done.

-Yvonne in TX
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping up with my very modest goal to simply login to MFP. Time to step it up a notch and log my food every day for this next week. No goals as to what/how I eat. Just log each bite.

I gained 8 lbs. during the Silly Season (aka Nov. and Dec.). Four of those pounds are now gone. Time to actually work on the remaining 4.

Mia in MI
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Penny those polar bears tracks were incredible.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    s1ovwpg6ojmd.jpg

I don't know if u can c this very well. A key chain with a collage of pic of Kirby that I got for him
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Cheri- Happy Birthday! Have a fun time celebrating!

Heather - have a great time on your vacation!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    ;)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Rats, DH did not get the job. I don't know why I get my hopes up every time!!!
    Ah well, I have a job and that is a really good thing.

Heather bon voyage, can't wait to see the pics

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Gloria: It is a shame that your DGS's new drone is on top of the building. Is rescue possible? :ohwell:

Heather: Have a wonderful trip. :flowerforyou:

We are currently on a flood watch along with the whole Portland metro area. I hope that things go smoothly and nobody gets serious weather damage. DH & I went out for Chinese food for lunch. He's napping now & I could do the same with very little effort. I plan to go out in the garage and ride my trike for a half hour to burn a few calories. Maybe that will wake me up a bit.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Karen NY- I'm sorry that your DH did not get the job. You have a great attitude. Something great is going to come along. (((hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Charleen, your retreat sounds like such fun. I love a get away with the girls even though I love spending time with DH.

Kay,

picgifs-congratulations-0880690.gif Way to go on your weight!!!

Penny, I’m glad you are feeling better. A haircut always makes me feel fresh and new.

Pip, purdy nails. Have fun at the party.

Jane, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Where do you live that you will do a Charleston run?

Barb, congrats on the pound and a half. Keep up the great work.

Michele, that guy with all those stents must not have any left in his legs. In fact I’m wondering where they found enough???

Joyce, I love the Pocket Pal thing.

Sarah, so glad you have been getting some good sleep. It can make such a difference in our day.

Chris,MA, congrats on your loss. Way to go. You ladies are inspiring me. Thank you.

Allie, you have been given great advice. Of course you are scared. It’s a huge change but please keep reminding yourself that it is a change for the better. And that we are all with you…look in your pocket, on your shoulder, in your car and everywhere that you go. There we are. (((Hugs)))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

The move went smoothly yesterday. My DH and I have my friend’s car and golf cart to sell for her. While I was at her house with the movers I got a call from a man wanting to buy the golf cart and would be here at 2:00. Woo hoo So I rushed home to meet him and called my friend with the good news. Last night I had a Moose meeting and was ready for a drink when I met another friend there before the meeting. Today has been a day of rest and tomorrow I will get back to work trying to get rid of the rest of her things. I made some chicken soup today and looking forward to that for dinner. Its not that cold today but there is a chill in the air that just has me cold and achy.

You ladies are such inspiration to me and I’m so happy to be a part of this wonderful sisterhood.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC