jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lisa, whose were all these t-shirts?

Pip, what event were you at?

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
    I used to work at amazon.com. I still keep in touch with some former coworkers. They have their Christmas party in January have to work holidays.code a Former coworker took me as her guest. It was held at the century link field in Seattle Washington
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Nancy, I lived in Monroe from Senior year in HS through college. My in-laws lived in Ruston when I met DH. Small world isn’t it?

Marni, so sorry to hear about your back! Having lived with back pain for many years my heart goes out to you. massage-therapist-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lois, a huge congrats on the new swimsuit fitting. Way to go, girl!!!

Katla, I’m so glad the snow and ice is melting and you aren’t in fear of flooding. Mother Nature can be a bit harsh at times.

Joyce, too bad you didn’t find the pictures of your house with the bushes cut down. I called them trees because they were larger than many trees. Lol It made the house look like a new house on the block.

Marni, I had no idea it rained so much in Alaska. Gosh I learn a lot from all you ladies.

Lisa, so happy you have quit smoking again. You may recall that I quit about a year ago and I’ll be honest that I still want one every once in a while. I just will not allow myself to ever start again. Hell, I can’t afford it.

Allie, glad the news was good from the Real Estate agent. Good luck, my friend. ((((Hugs))))

KathyB, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you.

Mary, so glad you are feeling better!!!

Janetr, purdy nails!!!

Heather, so glad to hear the vacation is going well. Oh, I guess to you it’s a “holiday”, isn’t it? Lol Are you on the mainland? I’ve been to both Cancun and Cozumel but never stayed on the mainland there.

Michele NC, there is nothing wrong with being an optimist. I think it is way better than the opposite.

Re, a huge congrats on the doc and others having to do a double-take to be sure it was you, you skinny thing! Keep it up.

Cindy, welcome. What part of NC are you in? We have a few here from NC and I moved here from Charlotte. Come here often and join right in.

SandyC, Welcome to you as well. Yes, most of us will agree that Old Age Ain’t for Sissies but some of the aches and pains get better when you weigh less.

Rita, congrats on the good numbers from your labs. Keep up the good work.

CarolNC, I have to agree that a yard sale/estate sale/garage sale or what every you call it would probably yield a good return if you can have it in the house so you don’t have to haul everything out. When I had my friend’s Estate Sale I didn’t even price most of the things and made up the prices as we went. We made about $1100 at the first one so I felt it was worth it.

Cheri and Heather…wonderful pictures!!! Keep em coming.

Mia, good luck finding the right job.

Barbie, how exciting about your new fur baby.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Yesterday I finally got the Christmas decorations out of the guestroom and into the attic. DH hands them up to me and I am up at the top of the stairs putting them up there. He made a good point when he said we shouldn’t be doing this at our age. I’ll be 70 in April but I still feel 25. Of course my body doesn’t agree with that. I’m still way, way, way behind but just too tired to read any more tonight. Know I think about you and care about you and wish you all the best that life has to offer.
    Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Jaja99
    Jaja99 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lisa what an amazing tapestry! I like the gray sashing. It makes the images pop.

Well, I finally made it to the gym. I did 65 minutes on the elliptical and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought I'd be. I used to go regularly, but I have hardly gone since school started in August. I haven't been at all in a couple of months. So I'm going to publicly commit to going again tomorrow after church.
    Jana in VA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,937 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    21,000 steps
    200 minutes walking Sasha
    99 minutes riding the exercise bike
    two hour nap

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    <3
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    <3

Love you guys!

Re in TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lois – Yeah; especially when they do it under ‘cover of dark’. It is good. Next time I will make it into ½ pint jars. That way I will feel better about the work it takes and get something to make me feel like I really worked hard at it. I tried making hot pepper jelly; but, it turned out more like a ‘sauce’. It's good; just wasn't what I expected and was hard to do. Cutting up the hot peppers of all types and remembering to NOT put my finger near my face.

Allie – Tom did what? 9:05 and saying ‘they hadn’t been served dinner yet …’ WTH was he? Was he 'hinting' that it was 'time for you to come home'??????

Marni – My Mother was very knowledgeable. English major so we got a good education, at school and at home. Both she and my Daddy were very good parents.

LOL – Testosterone – mild retardation. With some, definitely true; but, not all. IMHO.

Becca – I can pretty much count the ### of items I have in my buggy, multiply them x $5 and come pretty much know what my total is going to be. Paper goods can set you back a lot!

Some people seem to stick their cards through those swipe machines (now chip readers) on a regular basis. I try to keep mine out of them. Whoops, did not do so much good trying to eat good this week, had a good old Hebrew National ‘big’ hot dog complete with a bun! YUM!

Sometimes people bring ‘stuff’ on themselves and it isn’t anybody's fault but their own. Like anything else, they ‘made their beds, so let them wallow in it’.

Kate – I had a woman at Dillard’s that had been sent to a school to learn how to ‘fit someone for a bra’. She is no longer there … went out on her own selling insurance. The other woman who works there has NEVER been able to fit me in a bra. Then, when she brings them to me they are ‘exactly’ what I told her I do NOT like. Seam right across the nipple. Mine are so sensitive ‘still’ from nursing, lo so many years ago, I usually just leave without a bra. I’ve got 6 bras at the moment; I have tighten them about as tight as they will go around me; 2 of them are totally shot; the others are beginning to have ‘space’ in the cups. I guess I will end up going and trying on some.

Carol and Mary from Minnesota – I’m also glad to support our new POTUS. I did not say anything the past 8 years either; what I don’t understand is why the some just won’t let it go. Give the man a chance … we gave their candidate a chance, without having to protest, riot, loot and burn our neighborhoods or anybody else’s. I care about the country and we just cannot spend ourselves into prosperity. As hard as it is going to be, we’re probably going to have to hit that ‘reset’ button. You don’t insult your ‘friends’ and you certainly don’t bow down to ‘worldly kings and sheiks’. They knew they had struck it rich, when our ‘engineers were over there, that when they were drilling for water and hit ‘oil’ instead …, they threw them out’. I had such a friend. Could not get them ‘out of the area quick enough’. Hit one day, told to get out the next.

Margaret – We have a 5th grader; and, a lot of what they pull off the Internet and their interpretation has a lot to do with their parent’s viewpoint. Most of them are not into ‘politics’ and unfortunately what we read as ‘history’ is not the same thing they view as history today. My DOGD really enjoys Biology and History.

Mary – Sorry that you and DH have had so much damage; will insurance cover that?

Kathy – My DOGD would follow those macros; she finally went back to counting calories (but, I still think they are high if she is wanting to ‘lose’ weight). She said it was way more frustrating to do that. She just watches her ‘sodium’ intake, and watches her carbs. But counting calories for me, is an easier way to go … I am on a low caloric MD-ordered/supervised diet and can pretty much eat what I want so long as I ‘exercise’ 40 minutes 3x a week. I shoot for 30 minutes 6x a week. I take Sunday’s off (usually). Today I washed “Cracker” and she hates water and fights me the entire time. That’s some exercise!

Heather – If I had known you were going to Mexico … I would have suggested that you NOT drink the water … Montezuma’s Revenge ... or anything that has 'ice' in it. Get some bottled water and if you can find it some Pediolite (not sure of the spelling - this is 'sort' of phonetic) … you’ll find it in the infant section (it is for when a baby is getting dehydrated and can’t keep anything down). It comes in a can and does NOT need to be mixed with water. It will help you build up your 'electrolytes'. My spelling sort of 'suxs'. Sorry.

Meg – It seems like a lot of people are getting bouts of influenza and bronchitis. My son had it so bad that every time he would cough up phlegm … he would throw up it was so bad. UGH! I hope I don’t get it.

Lisa - Love the “T-shirt” quilt. I’ve been trying to get my granddaughters to give me all their shirts to do the same thing with them. I’ll have to show them this picture.

I can’t believe we are 3/4th of the way through January!

We’re supposed to be getting some bad storms tonight. Kids stayed in Tifton with friends rather than coming home tonight. It has just started thundering a few minutes. The storms are down a few counties. I sure hope and pray that those involved in the straight-line and tornadoes in Albany will not be affected. Some still have not had their electricity restores and still have trees trough their roofs; some have been able to get ‘tarps’ others haven’t.

Watching the Ninja competitions. I always huff and puff with them through trying to make the course, and feel so bad when they fall. I sure hope the water is not ‘cold’! Last guy fell off the target; rolled off it and then on to the payment. That probably did not feel so hot.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :#
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well it happened again, finished reading but battery is gone. Talk to you all tomorrow.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
  • sherryminchagain
    sherryminchagain Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey now...

Wow! This stupid tablet of mine has a mind of it's own!! I had a beautiful post all typed up and whammy, it decided out of the blue to shut itself off and reboot! There went my post! Not gonna type it up again!

Joyce - the advocates at both shelters will get together and arrange to move me.

Heather - so sorry you came down with the Hershey squirts on your trip! I hope you can recover soon and enjoy the rest of the trip. Immodium has never worked for me for some reason, instead I found taking a double dose of a high powered probiotic does the trick.

Love the T-shirt quilt/tapestry! What a neat idea! Someday in the future I want to get my hands on a pretty hand made quilt for my bed. I had one when I was younger that my Grammy made me but eventually it fell apart from all the loving use I gave it. I miss it.

Food intake was better today, I actually ate some food! Still kept it at my 1100 calorie goal, so that's a good thing. Lots of fresh veggies steamed in the nuker for dinner and a pbj for lunch. Then a little bit of cheese and crackers for a snack. Not bad. Just wish I could get out for my walks but don't want to risk slipping and falling on my keister again. Although the weather next week is supposed to be chilly but dry, so that will help. Should be able to get back on task with my steps count. I don't do near as many steps as you hard core people, only 4500 a day. But I do it everyday as long as the weather cooperates with no ice! It's about all my back will let me do. I am still doing my PT exercises three times a day though. I have learned a while back how to raise my metabolism naturally and that's been helping with the weight loss too. My thyroid is fine, but hormone levels are on the low end of the "normal" range so I boost it with some supplements.

Well, am gonna cut this short right here before I lose my post again. The "big house" is quiet early tonight so I'm gonna go to bed soon and try to get some extra sleep. Hope everybody has a good night. Sweet dreams, love you all. Big hugs to those that need them.

Sherry in "Columbia River Gorge"
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,059 Member
    Options
    Lenora one of the examples was a little girl wrote how cruel Robert E. Lee was and how the south won the Battle of Gettysburg. Robert E. Lee was highly respected by his men and was General to the south because his home was in state of Virginia which is in the south. The north won the battle. I did not see the article where she got her information. Lee's home is now Arlington Cemetery. One boy wrote World War I and II started because of race. Just worries me that there facts were so off. As I said Fake History.

I should be in bed and not on the computer,but my knee is too painful right now. I worked too many days in a row and am paying for it. Doctor might be a necessary call on Monday.

Heather I have been sick on vacation and it was the pits. Be well soon.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    :) I had a good day