spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Sad the robins haven't come back must have found a better nest site

graphics-birds-809756.gif

Kate UK
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Cityjane - If your food posioning symptoms don't go away fairly quickly, you should see a doctor. I had something similar that lasted three days. I thought it was passed, but came back a few days later. Turns out it was salmonella poisoning. Waiting to see the doctor, I had allowed a nice colony to develop.

I had my first evening out since starting the MFP regime - no loss, but no gain. I was very happy.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Kim, so glad you had a good day. It's well-deserved.

Heather - hope you're doing much better.

DJ - I feel ya on the cigarette cost. The thing that helped my DH understand one reason why it was so important that I quit was when I told him they were costing us well over $3,500 a year now. He can smoke a few cigarettes a day and be happy. I cannot. Much like the rest of my life, I'm either all the way in or all the way out. He's been very considerate and staying away from me when he does smoke, and not smoking in my truck, etc. Hope he quits for his health's sake, but he'll do it in his own time. I'm at ten days quit now, and really happy about it.

Thank y'all for the comments on the quilt - it is actually a tapestry, as any quilter will tell you in a heartbeat. Zero quilting actually involved, just interfacing, binding and lots and lots of sewing. All told, probably a week's solid work that I did over about a six-week span. The hardest part was putting the vertical strips together. Did them in pairs to keep the weight down, but it was still tough.

Me being me, I'm just glad to have it out of my life. Getting paid on the spot didn't hurt my feelings any either, though. :)

Off to the laundromat. Not my favorite chore, but then again, it's always nice when it's over.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies: well what was gonna be a quiet day turned into a cooking marathon. Dear fiends of ours are going through a terrible terrible time, their youngest is safe now in a hospital (second suicide attempt) and that is just the start of their challenges. I knew something was up when I didn't hear from them. My friend loves to cook and eat, but I heard through the grapevine she is is just overwhelmed. I decided to set them up with a week's worth of meals for freezer or fridge. Spinach lasagna, chicken soup, lentil soup, broccoli salad and a pound cake. I overcompensated I know but I didn't know what else to do. I deliver it later today. I don't know words to say to this beautiful family but I can feed them. The list of the challenges facing them is extensive- parents with Alzheimer's, elderly parent being moved, one kid in college and one suffering from depression and my friend has to schedule a hysterectomy soon (she had to postpone it) for fibroids. Overwhelming challenges, I hope I can just hug her and give her a moments peace. Send out your prayers and strength for this special family. NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    Lenora~ no I went to a going away party for our office manager, Tom went to his cousins 50th birthday party at a restaurant... there were about 40 people there, and it was a whole big shin -dig with hor devores(sp) and all sorts of stuff ,by the time the meal came everyone was to full with everything else.. because I was watching Faith I had to be home by a certain hr, so my dinner party broke up earlier than that one.
    Sean and Jean should be home today.Buddy the dog has made friends with me and wants me to play with the wubba kong he got for christmas..
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    KathyB394 wrote: »
    HELP!!!!!!!

Ok lady's (and gents if there are any with us). I asked this question in another group and no-one answered me.....

Do most of you follow the macros that MFP sets for you or do you adjust. I am trying to limit my carbs but NFL has my carbs at 200+ (Not sure of exact amount without looking). I try to keep it below 100 but not sure if that is best.....i have also heard that if you eat the recommended macros that everything works together and you lose faster.....any advise is appreciated!
    I don't follow MPF macros either.
    I do best losing weight on low carb, high protein and fat. I look at the pie chart on the home page to keep on track. Approximately 35%-40% each of protein and fat and the rest carbs.

Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    [quote="

Chris in MA: Your mushroom soup recipe is interesting. Do you have nutritional information? I put a couple of recipes into the MFP recipe system and the outcome was interesting & useful. :
    [/quote]

Most of your calories will be from the chicken stock, butter and the cream if you add it. The mushrooms and onions don't add too many calories. It comes in maybe about 50 calories per cup without the cream.

Chris in MA
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    NY Karen ~ What a great friend you are.

Lisa ~ Your tapestry is outstanding. I know it took a lot of work.

Stormy here today...Thunderstorms and possible tornados.

Carol in GA
  • klanders30
    Options
    chris is? Sorry I didn't notice before, you look great!
  • klanders30
    Options
    Chris Is this your new profile pic? You look great! NYKAREN
  • mikesmom1983
    edited January 2017
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Chris Is this your new profile pic? You look great! NYKAREN

Yup, taken on my 60th birthday in July.
    Thanks so much for the compliment. It means so much, especially since I refused to have my picture taken for so many years because I hated the way I looked.

Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    Good morning Ladies.

Sending hugs and good thoughts to all in need, Mary, Meg, Heather,Re, Sherry, Allie, Marni, Lois, Rita, sorry if I missed anyone, lack of memory not lack of love. ❤️

It was a beautiful day here in MA yesterday, almost 60 and sunny. I had a game plan and stuck to it, was determined to get in over 10,000 steps which was so easy in my former life. I hit over 13,000 by grocery shopping, doing the laundry (a lot of up and down the stairs) and mall walking. I got a lot of things done and incorporated exercise. I will try to hit the mall again today. I am fortunate that the biggest mall in the area is in my town. For those of you familiar with Massachusetts, I live in Burlington. As a bonus, I came home with free skin care samples that they gave out, when they tried to stop me to hawk their products after handing me the sample I said "can't stop now, I'm exercising ".

Scale was not kind to me again today, and my back was screaming this morning, but I will persevere!

Have to run and start my day, love to all.

Chris in MA

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday! Hopped on and read yesterday morning, but didn't comment. I got my errands run, and my house cleaned, then went over to my DOS's new house he is renting (in our town!) and helped him unload the U-Haul. My DH went to his old place, rented the truck on the way and helped him load everything in. It took them HOURS, due to both of them being perfectionists! LOL! They kept taking things out of the truck and putting them back in to "fit better". I still am laughing at that. They are two peas in a pod, and when they work together on something like this it takes FOREVER! When I got to my DOS's house he wanted us to unload an item and put it together, unload another- put that together...I looked at him and said "You have me for an hour today." So we unloaded everything, put it all in the chosen rooms, I helped him put his bed together and I called it good. It took 55 minutes exactly. He was happy for the help and content to do the rest himself. I DID come home and make beef stroganoff for dinner and brought a large portion of it to him. So now he has beef stroganoff and beer in his fridge!
    ANNNND...the sun came out yesterday! ANNNNND...it was out all day long! ANNNNNNND...the temps were in the mid to high 50s! So unusual for January in Michigan; but if we aren't going to have a snowy winter, it can get as warm and sunny as it wants. I will take it.
    I love all of you ladies and I admire the hard work and hard choices we have all had to make in our lives to become the people we have become. Strong women with many voices and opinions on everything. I appreciate and value each of your opinions, but I love the fact that we agree to disagree and keep this thread "hot point" free. When it comes to politics and religion, my home is a "no fly" zone. My DH and I have ALWAYS been on the opposite side of everything. We learned very quickly to not discuss certain things. This past year has been like walking through a mine field. The tv/news has been off more than normal. (Which is actually a good thing). Anyway, I try not to get into "it" with people on facebook, but that is where I park my soapbox. My posts are intelligent and humorous, and I am very good at alienating myself from my friends and family! ;)>:) IF you are interested in getting to know me better or would like to see how fast we can go from friends to frenemies, please friend me on facebook. (some exaggeration here; I am really not that bad)
    New girls- Welcome! This is a great group of ladies and I am sure you will find the support and answers to questions, along with a bond that you get from women all struggling with the same or similar life issues. (food, family, friends, illness, aging, work, etc) We cover pretty much everything. Please sign your post with a name with which you would prefer we use, and remember to book mark our page. At the end of the month, our fearless leader Barbie will take us into the next month with a link in her final post for January.
    Pip- LOVE the pics! Amazon knows how to party! Is that Floyd with the remote on his head? Is he a service dog? ;) Have you trained him to carry of tray of beverages, yet?
    Heather- Oh no! I hope you feel better! Get your rest and hopefully you can salvage the last few days of your trip. Your pictures, so far, have been just beautiful! Brought back many good memories for me!
    Re, Yvonne, Lisa, Cheri, and the rest of you ladies from Texas- I will be making two trips to your lovely state in March. The first will be whenever my grandbaby is born (around the 14th) and we will be staying only for one night (two full days hopefully). Then we have planned to drive down the last of March/first week of April to spend a week with DD and her DH and new baby. They live in Burleson, but both work in Fort Worth. This will be our first trip to Texas and although I would love to meet up with any of you, I will probably hold off until another visit. I hope to travel down again in the summer on my own; so that will be a better time to meet up with some of you.
    Cheri- I really enjoyed your vacation pics! I have never been to Disney. Maybe now that the grandchildren are starting to arrive, I will be going with them?! Did your bag make it back to you, yet?
    Lisa- Love your T-shirt quilt. The colors really look great together. Just wondering, which T-shirt have you had the longest and what is it for?
    Sherry-Wow! What a life adventure you have been having!! But, (arm in the air) power on, sista! You do what needs to be done and stay safe! Sending prayers, hugs, and strength to you!
    NY Karen- So sorry to hear of your friend's son! Ugh! Just tears at the heart! Sending hugs to you and them as you all are confronted with this young man's pain. You are a great friend for helping to care for them as they care for their son and other family members. I am sure they will appreciate those meals!
    Kate- your robin visit reminds me of something that happened to me earlier this week. I had just gotten the kids down for nap, one afternoon, and I was sitting at the kitchen table, when a flash of blue caught my eye. I looked out the window and saw a blue bird fluttering around on the ground in the new neighbor's yard. It has been unusually warm here in Michigan, and the ground is soft, so I thought he must be poking around for a bug or grub in the grass. But I still couldn't get over the fact that there was a blue bird in Michigan in January! Maybe a blue jay? I decided to put my glasses on to get a better look at it. Glasses on. It ended up being a blue flag from the water department. LOL! Oh well, it WAS a pretty color blue and it made me think of spring!
    Well ladies, time marches on. I have decided to spend some time this weekend "tweaking" my schedule for my daycare children's day. I have three little boys (three year olds) that are having a hard time with personal space/boundaries during "free play". SO...I have decided to give them more structured play time. That doesn't mean they will be sitting, it just means more time with the play/activity being led by me. These three boys are not naughty by themselves; but as a group, the pack mentality takes over and they become very physical and aggressive towards each other and the littler ones. Going to make up a plan and head to the library for some children's music, and movement dvds (yoga, tai chi, dance, etc.). I will also be making some new sensory bins and objects. ttfn Love and hugs to all! xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Sarah- Spanakopita?! Where do you live? I am coming over! Love that stuff! Enjoy your time with your daughter!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marni/AK: Your snow pictures are lovely. We've jus seen the end of this snow storm and have clear sidewalks and roads for now. YAY! Last week our neighborhood looked al lot like your photos. :wink:

Margaret: I am so sorry you are in pain. I hope that your knee pain eases on its own, but if not, the doctor is a good plan. :flowerforyou:

Kim: Good days are worthy of celebration. Yay! :smiley:

Kate UK: Our robins don't appear until later in the spring. Maybe yours are basking in the sunshine to the south of you. :flowerforyou:

Chris in MA: Your new photo is lovely! You're lucky to have a mall where you can walk in bad weather. The nearest one to us is a nasty commute away. :bigsmile:

My word document this morning is giving me fits. It keeps changing fonts and font sizes. I am ticked. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Resolutions for January: (with week three comments)
    *assemble the necessary papers and numbers to prepare 2016 income tax return (moving very slowly)
    *meditate daily, increasing time gradually (daily-yes: increasing time-no)
    *do physical therapy exercises daily (twice a week is about all I've done)
    *act the way I want to feel (great)

<3 Barbie
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Kelly (and Joyce) - my sentimentality doesn't involve clothes, especially after living twice in an RV. Got one bin of things I keep, and if I keep something else, something has to go of the same size. It was oddly freeing. That T-shirt tapestry was made for the owners of a local coffee shop/live music venue. The T-shirts are all from the bands that have played there in the last two years, plus some of their own (they're the ones labeled "The Garage").

I actually got paid to make this to order. I fully plan to charge at least double the amount to anyone else who wants one. Plus materials. I learned a lot, couple false starts, but the brain drain from figuring out how to fit all those buggerty things in one tapestry was rough. I am spatially challenged at best.

Back from doing laundry, now for a lazy Sunday - although my hubby's making noises about buying a washer and dryer. We may end up heading for Odessa, 90 miles away. When he gets an idea, it's hard to get it out of his head.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas