WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I swear I do not know what has happened to the last 2 weeks or my life in general. I am still coughing after my bout with influenza and bronchitis, benny had 2 seizures in the last 8 hours or so, my brand new car got sideswiped the day after I put the license plates on it, I am just going nuts and can't seem to get in control of anything. Stress eating like no other. I don't like chocolate and I have even been eating that. I have no idea why things are going this way or what to do about it; none of my plans work out. I haven't had an extended period of craziness like this ever before. *heavy sigh* I hope you all are doing well and believe me I think of you all the time. Take care Meg from foggy Omaha

I hear you! My life has been like yours since October! I am so sorry that you are going through such a rough patch! I actually am used to living a life like that. So I am just thankful for what I do have! I injured my shoulder in October and was unable to exercise. I gained back 19 pounds because I did not change my eating. We bought our house and put in new wood floors! Last week our roof had ice dams! Water was coming through The first floor into the basement. We fix that side then water started coming through the ceiling of the first floor onto our new wood floors. Which have now buckled! Our cars heater decided not to work and will cost over $800 to fix that. My DH estimates $15,000 to fix the ice dam situation. But, I am so grateful for everything that I do have!

Sometimes it helps to know that there are other people in the same boat with you! I hope you feel better and everything starts to go well for you!

(((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Meg Have you seen your doc? Sounds like you need to have some blood work to see why you can't shake this sickness. Plase take care of yourself, I'm worried for you. NYKAREN
  • chickpeas62
    chickpeas62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hello ladies, glad to see this thread as I'm in my mid fifties and I think being able to link up with you all will really help keep me motivated. I'm still working out how the site works but nice to 'meet' you all :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    KathyB394 wrote: »
    HELP!!!!!!!

Ok lady's (and gents if there are any with us). I asked this question in another group and no-one answered me.....

Do most of you follow the macros that MFP sets for you or do you adjust. I am trying to limit my carbs but NFL has my carbs at 200+ (Not sure of exact amount without looking). I try to keep it below 100 but not sure if that is best.....i have also heard that if you eat the recommended macros that everything works together and you lose faster.....any advise is appreciated!

I set my own macros. I had gastric bypass surgery 3 years ago and am on a high protein, low carb diet. Mine is set at 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs per the dieticians recommendation. You can adjust it for your needs and what works best for you.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heather, you're very brave. I hope it passes quickly so you can enjoy the rest of your trip. (((Hugs)))

Dear Meg, how awful for you. I'm so sorry, just hang in there hopefully it all gets turned around. <3<3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    hello ladies, glad to see this thread as I'm in my mid fifties and I think being able to link up with you all will really help keep me motivated. I'm still working out how the site works but nice to 'meet' you all :)

Welcome, just ask any question you might have, some one here will have the correct answer, I'm sure. Tell us a bit about yourself and join right in. This is a great supportive, encouraging group of ladies.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies~
    I am back up here with Faith for the day ,overnight and until tomorrow afternoon... Buddy the dog has finally decided im ok and is hanging out on the bed with me..
    I am watching Beaches.. know I will be a bawling idiot by the end...
    Meg and Mary~ I feel so bad that you both have been going through the crappy period will keep you both in my thoughts xoxox...
    And I dont talk politics~
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Allie- thanks for your support! Especially with the rough few months that you have been going through.
    (((Hugs)))

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Jaja99
    Jaja99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sharon- I haven’t read the Year of No Sugar, so I was confused about dextrose, glucose, and barley malt sugar. I thought those were sugars. I guess I should read the book. My daughter went for about a year avoiding things with added sugars. It worked well for her and I always tried to serve some things she could eat when she came over. I bought some seriously reduced Christmas candy a couple of weeks ago. I ate it. And regretted it. I try not to be hard on myself for not always making the best choices. Your challenge sounds exciting. I hope you get lots of support from your family and friends!

Kate UK- Love your NSV. A couple of months ago I was getting dressed and was annoyed that all my underwear were so stretched out. Then realized, they weren’t stretched out, I was smaller! Annoyed changed to happy pretty fast.

Re- glad you could get a consult and didn’t have to wait weeks or months. I hope you love your new swimsuit. I hate buying swimsuits. Maybe by summer I’ll hate it less.

Chris in MA- same water weight thing happened to me on Monday. I looked back at the sodium and it was so high. I had made calorie wise choices at the restaurant, but had not looked at the sodium until I saw the increase. More than twice the sodium budget and 3 times what I normally consume. Now, 6 days later the 4 lb. increase is gone and I am down another lb. Good for you for keeping it in perspective and not giving up!

Lisa in TX- Thanks for your response. Now I recall you describing your very large T-shirt quilt. I couldn’t connect it with the name. I’m new to this group and the names and number of people has been a little challenging to keep straight. I am excited to see your pictures!

Heather UK- Aw, I’m sorry you are so sick on your holiday. Hope you feel better soon!

Meg- Wow, that is a lot to contend with in such a short time. I can see why you are stressed and feeling like you can’t control anything. I totally understand stress eating. I gained 30 lbs in one year stress eating. There are a lot of things we can’t control, but we can control what we eat. You can do this. You can do this! Tell yourself, I can do this! So start with one small step and decide that for the rest of this day, I will choose foods that will make my body stronger so I can kick this cough. And because I now feel like a hypocrite for making excuses for not exercising, I am taking my own advice and deciding I will go to the gym today. So thanks for helping me, Meg!

Jana in VA
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Meg boy you've had a stressful patch, makes my life seem a piece of cake! No suggestions other than meditation, sending healing, calming thoughts <3

So proud of my oldest granddaughter she's in her rotation year studying to become a Physcians Assistant. Her latest rotation was at Fort Drum in upstate NY. The Col doing her evaluation wrote " the best PA student Fort Drum has ever had". It's even more wonderful because she was raped by a family friend at 12 & went thru some very dark times, in essence lost her teen years. Became this tough girl, carried a box cutter, wore all black etc. very scary for her & her family. Now she's a straight A student with purpose & empathy!

2017 Goals
    January:

Lose: 3 lbs/month
    Exercise: 25/45 min depending on the day 6 days/week
    (Yoga, weights, abs/core, legs, arms)
    Sleep: 7 hours/night
    Drink: 5 glasses of water/day
    Meditate - reflect on thankfulness
    Practice Duolingo Italian each day
    Start knitting another afghan
    Brush up on crochet skills

My word to start the year is Thankfulness: sometimes with death, pain & ongoing health issues to deal with I forget how really good my life has been over all & continues to be.

Thankful my father lived a great life & quietly slipped away last August in his 98th year while he was still alert & engaged not bedridden & in pain.
    Thankful that so far Wayne's scopes & CT scans show no recurrence of his epiglottis cancer 2.5 years after treatment.
    Thankful that we live close to world class medical facilities as we deal with his back injury & nerve pain.
    Thankful I found MFP, this wonderful, supportive group & lost all this extra weight so I can be the caretaker I need to be.

Lois on the balmy North Shore of Ma
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I am glad to support our new President!

Carol
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I am glad to support our new President!

Carol

I also am glad to support our new President. I did not say anything the last eight years!

I am with you both 100 percent! <3
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Gosh ... heather, meg and mary sending -->>> ((( hugs))) your way!

Politics.. no politics .. its my choice!

This will be my last post here.

• fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Gosh ... heather, meg and mary sending -->>> ((( hugs))) your way!

Politics.. no politics .. its my choice!

This will be my last post here.

I wish you would stay! You are such an encouragement and your workouts are very inspirational! We do usually have a no political thread because of the opposing viewpoints. If we can get back to that then this is a very motivational, encouraging, inspirational, and friendly thread to be on!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    (((Mary))

I went through a similar patch back in mid November. I got very upset and knew I would get sick from it. Where it hit me was in my knee and I am still recovering. I just got a new car too. It is upsetting anytime your car is hit. So sorry it this happened.
    (((Meg))

I was in a fifth grade yesterday that were completing articles about important historical events. It disturbed me that the students said they got their articles off the internet and how many mistakes were made. It was like reading fake history. I don't know if the articles were inaccurate or their interpretations were off. I tried to clarify when I could.

:heart: Margaret
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, so sorry about your problems. Hope it is very short lived and you can get out and enjoy your holiday. I think Charlie would be the same way your hubbie was and want to stay home to make sure I am OK. But yet he wouldn't want to go out and do a excursion on his own because it would mean he has to interact with some one. One the only thing he likes to interact about is politics! He surely could not be on here. It is good to converse with people about something else. When we are with family our girls or entire family are quick to change the subject because he can go on and on and the longer it is the louder he is.

Sherry, although I am glad you were able to tell us a little more where you are, I am so sorry you were denied SSD. If I am reading correctly you are saying that even the judge has denied you. Good luck with the next try and the move. Who will take care of moving you? Sure wish the shelter had an animal you could love on.

Woke up with less back pain today. Hope it is an upward trend.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)o:)<3:'(
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3