WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    jana you are making positive changes and wise choices- keep going!

Mia 3 job interviews, wow, that's a nice baseline- best of luck

Re you had me singing !

Having a reflective day-not marching-but sending strength to those who need it .

Stay well everyone. NYKAREN

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill now so will see how this post goes. Didn't sleep again. There are big changes coming to me at work. They are not bad but just big and numerous, maybe that is why. I will bee leaving my position of 20 years to work on a special project which willl Segway into retirement. I hadn't thought about retirement and now it feels like it is knocking on my door

Not much energy today. Have a great day everyone.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all,

Jana - you won't find my quilt posted in this month yet, as it's a t-shirt quilt, so more organic, less pattern. I'm hoping to do the last few seams this morning, and will try to take a picture, but it's massive. More a tapestry than a quilt. Will be glad when it's done!

Mia - much luck with the job search - it is a full-time job in itself, and hazardous to your mental health. Hope one of your dream jobs is just waiting for you out there.

Allie - thinking about you!

Chris in MA - so good to see you again. Rock it, lady, you've GOT this.

Lisa in West Texas
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Have a lovely day!

I am off to work. My partner is on her way to D.C.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    :) There is a small women's march this morning about an hour's drive from here..it's not the big march in Washington, DC or Seattle, but it's a way to be counted. I got up an hour early to have plenty of time to walk Sasha before we go.

<3 Barbie
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Barbie thank you! March with enthusiasm & gusto, I know you will! <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,876 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,726 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,I'm at work until noon..Then back up with Faith
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I love the photos! :smiley:

Kim: Congrats on the new glasses! WTG!!! :star:

Kate UK: I dropped several bra sizes, too. Now I'm back to the size I wore in college. I stuck with the too big bras for quite a while before I went in and got fitted for new ones. It was definitely different. Call it a NSV and think of the backaches you aren't having. :bigsmile:

Re: (((HUGS)))

Chris in MA: Your mushroom soup recipe is interesting. Do you have nutritional information? I put a couple of recipes into the MFP recipe system and the outcome was interesting & useful. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Thanks for attending the Women's March in your area. It is important to be counted. :star:

I am going to suggest the idea of marching locally to my daughter. She wanted to take DGD to the DC Women's March but our son and DIL are not able to host at this time. I frankly think that DGD is too young for the DC March although I know that she'd love to do something special with her mom.

Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I am glad to support our new President!

Carol
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-21X7X 30

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4×12
    Sit-ups -4×12
    Jumping jacks-4×12

I'm still trying to get over this respiratory flu! I think I am feeling better then it comes back and says fooled you! I almost had to quit at half way through!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KathyB394
    KathyB394 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HELP!!!!!!!

Ok lady's (and gents if there are any with us). I asked this question in another group and no-one answered me.....

Do most of you follow the macros that MFP sets for you or do you adjust. I am trying to limit my carbs but NFL has my carbs at 200+ (Not sure of exact amount without looking). I try to keep it below 100 but not sure if that is best.....i have also heard that if you eat the recommended macros that everything works together and you lose faster.....any advise is appreciated!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,253 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Writing to you from my bed because I picked up a gastric bug, or food poisoning. DH has gone out on the trip to Coba and to swim in the cenotes (limestone caves) . Montezuma has had his revenge!
    Yesterday's swim in the clear water channels around the mangrove swamps was something I will remember for ever. We were wearing lifebelts like diapers and just floated along in the current. So peaceful. When we came back the diarrhoea started. Went on all night until I could not stand up. Crawling on the cold floor. I have been sleeping this morning. DH was very reluctant to leave me but I insisted. Must be good for calories, right? I've had it before in India and I did bring rehydration sachets with me and Imodium. I am still weak, but managed to type to you ladies, very slowly.

We move on to a new location tomorrow so I shall wear a towelling diaper and lie down on the back seat. All will be well.

Love you all and reading all your news, but too weak to type much.

Heather, feeling fragile in Mexico xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    KathyB394 wrote: »
    HELP!!!!!!!

Ok lady's (and gents if there are any with us). I asked this question in another group and no-one answered me.....

Do most of you follow the macros that MFP sets for you or do you adjust. I am trying to limit my carbs but NFL has my carbs at 200+ (Not sure of exact amount without looking). I try to keep it below 100 but not sure if that is best.....i have also heard that if you eat the recommended macros that everything works together and you lose faster.....any advise is appreciated!

No, I am trying to go on a keto diet in February. The macros for that is fat, 70–75%, protein, 15–20%, carbs, 5–10% There are several different ways to diet- eat!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I swear I do not know what has happened to the last 2 weeks or my life in general. I am still coughing after my bout with influenza and bronchitis, benny had 2 seizures in the last 8 hours or so, my brand new car got sideswiped the day after I put the license plates on it, I am just going nuts and can't seem to get in control of anything. Stress eating like no other. I don't like chocolate and I have even been eating that. I have no idea why things are going this way or what to do about it; none of my plans work out. I haven't had an extended period of craziness like this ever before. *heavy sigh* I hope you all are doing well and believe me I think of you all the time. Take care Meg from foggy Omaha