Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    JFT,7/1
    Went to my Zumba at the Y but after 30 mins, the instructor complained of chest pain. She's also asthmatic so we waited around until she was taken to the hospital by the EMS.
    Did 30 mins on the elliptical.
    Family / monthly budget meeting.
    Had a scoop of ice cream, the 1st for the year. Tasted sooooo good.
    Completed 12 wk personal training.

MFP goals for July

Increase time on elliptical to 45mins.
    Go to the gym 4-5 x/week.
    Incorporate strength training with cardio.
    Lose at least 5 lbs
    Monitor macros.
    Prepare meals ahead.
    Drink 8+ glasses of water daily.

Wow-hope she's OK!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Pretracked most meals/snacks so far.
    Trim hedges and pot some flowers before it gets too hot.
    Focus on eating healthy & cutting down on processed foods.
    Going to bed by 10pm. I have to make this a priority.
    Half size me podcast/webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins in neighborhood in evening.
    Aiming for 150g of protein. I have yet to do this!
    Do the 20 min meditation online this afternoon.
    Yoga nidra tonight.
    Find a healthy recipe for 2 July 4th parties.

Recently listened to an interview where someone said that weighing daily can help you maintain your weight. Not sure how effective it would be for weightloss.
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    7/2- JFT
    stick to my clean eating diet. Only eat pre prepared meals and snacks.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I absolutely understand where you are coming from. I even ask MYSELF why anyone would stay in a job that induces so much stress in my life, a job that literally consumes my time, brain and energy every single day! While I have been off on medical leave I have not even been able to let it go. I spent 3 weeks stressing over how far behind I am getting and trying to figure out how on earth I'm going to catch up when I go back to work on Wednesday. Supposedly I will be getting some help, since my work partner quit and I now have to pick up another person's job to get ready for the two go-live projects coming up...each in a different state!

Seriously, I hope things get better for you. I feel like I could have written your post, my work life is so similar! I think you have a fantastic plan! At my age, I'm 57...it's hard to just switch to a new job after being in this one for 24 years. Nobody would pay me what I make now, plus I'm at the top of the scale for vacation, etc. It's hard to give that up. But you are young, so I have all the faith in the world that you will come out on the right side of it all no matter what decision you make!

(hugs) :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Today, I am keeping things basic. I'm not doing what I need to, and I need to get those down before I add others.

Just for Sunday, 7/2:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Stay green
    3. Hydrate -- 80 oz
    4. Read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal
    5. Unplug for majority of the day.
    6. Turn negative thoughts into positives. Glass is not always half empty.
    7. Bed at 9, lights out at 10.

I see so many positive notes on here today! You guys are rocking it! Good for you! Keep it up. You are all such an inspiration to me, and I love the goals you come up with. I may have to use Bex's trick and pick someone else's goals each day just to mix things up a little!
  • lynmac54
    lynmac54 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So exited today! I survived yesterday's BBQ/Garden Party and Canada 150 festivities, ate what seemed to be a lot at the time but came in at goal despite it all! Woohoo!

On top of that it was check-in time this morning and while I'd been avoiding doing the measurement thing I found the courage and got a pleasant surprise. Didn't I go and lose inches since my last measurement a while ago: 3 off waist, 1.25 off neck and 1 off hips! Double Woohoo! And I got to add 2 marbles to the jar this week for a total of 9 marbles (lbs lost) overall! Triple Woohoo!

Now that I'm over all the excitement, time to get back to basics and bring in a bit more exercise this week while continuing with my eating/logging according to plan.

So JFT, Sunday July 2nd, I have to make the best use of my woohoo's (excitement) :D ....

- More steps by adding one workout even if I just do 20 mins on my stairs
    - Do some meal planning using one of the Dieticians of Canada's 7-Day Meal Plans
    - Log, log, log and stay in the green!

Happy beautiful summery Sunday to all!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    7/1 Saturday JFT:

Slept in until 9:30 am ✔
    Brunch with the family :D
    Edit and upload ministry pics to Website✔
    Run ministry website maintenance✔
    Manage Saturday Chores✔
    Budget meeting with husband✔
    Family meeting➡️moved to Sunday
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.❌
    Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 15)❌
    Dinner by 8 pm✔ @joescrabshack
    Bedtime by midnight✔

My husband asked for quality time yesterday so I did not run or stay in the green.

7/2 Sunday JFT:

Weigh-in: 180.0 lbs

Brunch with the family✔
    Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 15, 16, 17, 18)➡️in progress
    Slow cook turkey chili✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Laundry✔
    Prep Kid's weekly homeschool lessons
    Plan weekly meals and grocery list
    Pay monthly bills
    Family meeting
    Bedtime by 1am

We'll see..... :/ I'm not feeling very strong today.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    JFT,7/1
    Went to my Zumba at the Y but after 30 mins, the instructor complained of chest pain. She's also asthmatic so we waited around until she was taken to the hospital by the EMS.
    Did 30 mins on the elliptical.
    Family / monthly budget meeting.
    Had a scoop of ice cream, the 1st for the year. Tasted sooooo good.
    Completed 12 wk personal training.

MFP goals for July

Increase time on elliptical to 45mins.
    Go to the gym 4-5 x/week.
    Incorporate strength training with cardio.
    Lose at least 5 lbs
    Monitor macros.
    Prepare meals ahead.
    Drink 8+ glasses of water daily.

Wow-hope she's OK!

I'll will check when I go to the Y tomorrow.
    Options
    JFT,7/2.
    Walked in the park with my daughter for 30 mins. It was too sunny and it sapped my energy. My plan was to go around 7 am when its nice, breezy and refreshing but we headed out at 10am and that was really too late for me. Spent the entire afternoon listening to Pandora.Nothing else is planned for today.
    Options

Saragirl2 wrote: »

Recently listened to an interview where someone said that weighing daily can help you maintain your weight. Not sure how effective it would be for weightloss.

I totally agree. I use the App ," Happy Scale" and it's really works for me. I have lost 41.3 lbs since 1/8/17. I check my wt , first thing in the morning.
    PS It's only available for iphone . but I guess there might also those that are android compatible.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    JFT,7/2.
    Walked in the park with my daughter for 30 mins. It was too sunny and it sapped my energy. My plan was to go around 7 am when its nice, breezy and refreshing but we headed out at 10am and that was really too late for me. Spent the entire afternoon listening to Pandora.Nothing else is planned for today.

Spending an entire day listening to Pandora with no other plans sounds like Heaven to me! Hope you had a great day.

:smile:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7/2 Sunday JFT:

Weigh-in: 180.0 lbs

Brunch with the family✔
    Physics HW & online HW (Ch. 15, 16, 17, 18)✔
    Slow cook turkey chili✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min. :( my elliptical is broke and scheduled for repair :(
    Laundry✔
    Prep Kid's weekly homeschool lessons✔
    Plan weekly meals and grocery list❌
    Pay monthly bills✔
    Family meeting✔
    Bedtime by 1am
  • lynmac54
    lynmac54 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I totally agree. I use the App ," Happy Scale" and it's really works for me.

Definitely going to check that app out.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Went a bit off track the last few days...The stress of finishing up at work has taken over a bit! On Thu/Fri I ate more because of the stress... but then on Sat/Sun I ate more to reward myself for coping with all the stress! (And because I wanted to have an enjoyable weekend to recover from the stress).

Need to get back on track now. Four days to go until operation and want to be on top form health wise! There's a specific reason.... To put it bluntly, general anasthetics make you a bit constipated, and that's a bit of an issue when you're getting a big cut down below (I'm having an op which is similar to a c - section) as you can't really push without pain.... I need to eat lots of healthy food in the run up to minimise any problems I have in that department!!!

I'm going to keep it simple and focus on health today:

- Log everything I eat
    - No unhealthy snacks
    - Choose healthy option for dinner (use website beforehand)
    - Drink one water for every alcoholic drink
    - Go home in good time - 9.45 train latest
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay calm and positive, it's just a job!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Oh my it’s July 3 already! Where did Saturday and Sunday go? I’ve read your posts, but not posted myself for two days. I love seeing the accountability!

Catching up - In the past couple of days I have taken the dog to the vet for ear infection, worked on day off, started a search for a new job, played poker with old friends, started C25K, found termites in the house walls. Those are the highlights.

JFT 07-03-2017
    • Water – Keep track
    • Bed by 11
    • 10K steps for today
    • Ilvermorny yoga challenge
    • Stay in green on calories
    • Finish resume questionarre
    • Call terminte protection company. Report problem.
    • Tell husband to take car to dealership for warranty paint problem.

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

1. Log every bite! :D
    2. Stay in green :)
    3. Do 20 min stretching video :)
    4. Finish Harry Potter challenges for the week :)
    5. Meal planning :)
    6. Food Shopping :sDoing this after work
    7. Dinner with DH :)
    8. Bed by 10:30. Tomorrow's shift is in the afternoon :)10:31 to be precise. Lol
    Gonna keep it short today since I have to run to work in a few minutes and haven't finished getting ready.

1. Log everything I eat
    2. Stay in green
    3. Food shopping on the way home from work
    4. Keep till balanced
    5. Ask for help if need
    6. Healthy dinner with the DH
    7. Bed by 11 as I am off tomorrow!

See everyone later!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,517 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/2 Sunday
    1) Church service 9 a.m. :smiley: Also got the good news that second pastor will be starting in August. Expect an email from choir director for some rehearsal time.
    2) Walk dog longer route = 3.58 miles and 2 doggy treats at RJ's house = happy dog B)
    3) Spend time with hubby = Even if it some was yard work...took advantage of the good weather for a change. Didn't take time to relax on patio. Weekends are the only daytimes we are both home / awake together. :smiley:<3
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off...work on Mon. = Very tired from all the outdoors / activity, in bed by 10 p.m. and TV off soon after, but still hit the snooze button 2x on M a.m. :smiley:

JFT 7/3 M - Quiet day at work, only myself and one other working in our dept. today. Whole building is on the quiet side, since tomorrow is Independence Day holiday.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.09 miles...saw very low-flying sandhill crane over us, cardinal, and a mama turkey crossing the road with 8 babies following. :smiley:
    2) Keep net calories in the green, not sure what supper will be
    3) Meditate in afternoon...haven't done this in quite some time, want to improve breath control for choir
    4) Wash dishes piled on kitchen counter

No bedtime goal b/c tomorrow is holiday, maybe wait up for hubby to get home from work at 12:30 a.m. Not too much later or I will be screwed up for the rest of the work week.

Have a good day everyone!