Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you :)

@HGSmith0920

@MLHC1 I'm so excited for you to be done with physics and I'm not even taking it! Lol. Good luck on your final! I bet you ace it!

ME TOO :D:D
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Monday
    1. log all food :) Yes, even that cookie from Arbys that had 430 calories!!!!
    2. be mindful of what I eat! :/:):) I wasn't mindful for lunch - a weak moment, and I scarfed down a cookie worth 430 calories. So I had 830 calories just for lunch!! But ...... I made it through the day under 1400 calories, so with my exercise I did all day, I'm OK with that!
    3. close the kitchen except for meals and planned snacks. Going on DAY TWO again! :) Success in this!! But ... I had to brush and floss my teeth at 7 pm! -- keep in mind, I stay up until 12:30, and I was SO hungry! But I went on a 3 mile walk, which also helped me make it through the day, and closed the kitchen
    4. drink water :)
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. Already went to the gym this morning - even though I didn't want to! It is so easy to get back into the habit of sleeping in and skipping the gym,but I know how much better I feel when I go! :) Yes - made it to the gym this morning!

JFT, Tuesday, Aug 8
    1. log all food
    2. be mindful of what I put in my mouth. Consider and know the calorie count, and whether it is worth it!
    3. close the kitchen except for meals and planned snacks. Starting over with this -- going on DAY THREE!
    4. drink water
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    6. wash at least one window -- windows need cleaning so bad! Start with one window at a time
    7. work on quilt; finish up binding
    8. start to gather stuff that will be going to goodwill

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

@slittlemeister - welcome back! We missed you, and hope you are all healed now, and things go OK back at work. You are so right - jobs are important, but not as important as your health and well being.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Work went really well today, but the days that I dont have to run errands, hour long breaks are really boring. Lol. I usually dont even take a break when I work at the Branch at the beach because my shifts there are usually only 5-6 hours. But the shifts I've been having at the Branch I'm at now, that I really like, are anywhere from 7.5-9. So I take .5-1 hour breaks now. Lol. I dont mind but they can be pretty boring. Lol. I think I'm going to have to download a few books to read.

@Saragirl2 Feel better! I cant imagine how hard it must be to be sick and still have to take care of kids and a husband. I havent gotten to that stage of life yet!

@Bex953172 The laptop I used to have I got in 2009 brand new. I've had it worked on a few times but my Dad's friend. But it got to the point where it would take about 5 minutes to load a site that had only one or two ads and my screen was almost completely detached from the keyboard. Lol. I am beyond happy with this thing! I have off all of tonight and all day tomorrow and most of Thursday morning so I am going to have loads of time to play! Lol
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1
    Physics, Physics, Physics!! Final Exam Thursday!
    Good luck on your physics exam on Thursday.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @andreasoulcastle I have the same problem with snacking. Especially when I stay up late like I will tonight. Lol. Good luck with your goal!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister I hope your first day back went well! Were you able to leave at 4:20? I hope you are able to keep things in perspective now that you've been off. I feel the same way about my job. I'm on vacation this week, and my one goal is to relax and destress, get my perspective back in order as far as what is important. I work to live; I do NOT live to work. Let me know if you come up with any tips that help and I wish you all the best of luck! We missed you! so happy to see your post today!

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 How is your vacation going? Are you destressing? I hope you are having a great time! My vacation is the end of September and I am counting down!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Monday, 8/7/2017:
    1. Journal every single bite :D Yep!
    2. Water, at least 64 oz :) Yep!
    3. Watch a few quilting videos and pick one to begin making this week :/ Ran out of time
    4. Take a walk, perhaps along the river walk downtown. I've never been to the river walk and I hear it is lovely. :/ Ran out of time.
    5. Write 5 things I am grateful for today in my Gratitude Journal before I go to bed tonight :)
    6. Try meditating with either Headspace or Calm :)
    7. Try not to think about work or family drama :s
    8. Be happy for this day, every single beautiful moment of it :D<3 Yep!

Didn't get to do everything I wanted to do yesterday because my granddaughter's car broke down and that took up half the day.

I missed posting goals this morning, so I will post what I did do and what I hope to do yet before bedtime.

J4T, Tuesday:
    1. Hydrate :) Yup!
    2. Stay in the green ... :wink: the jury is still out on this one. If I can control myself tonight I will be good.
    3. Do something near water today. Something that brings me peace. :) My husband took me out in the boat fishing. Was a beautiful day!
    4. Picked blackberries and tomatoes from the garden :blush:
    5. Get coffee ready for morning, and pack a picnic lunch for tomorrow.
    6. Read today's chapter of Simple Abundance book
    7. Write 5 things I'm grateful for today in my Gratitude Journal
    8. Watch quilt videos and look on Pinterest for a quilt to start
    9. Bed early so I can get up early tomorrow and head out to the lake again.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @OConnell5483 How is your vacation going? Are you destressing? I hope you are having a great time! My vacation is the end of September and I am counting down!

So far, so good! I'm having a lot of difficulty letting go of anxious feelings, but I am really trying. Today out on our little fishing boat, I had a great time. It's the only time I don't think about work, so I asked if we could go again tomorrow. :) Thank you for asking!

Do you have any plans for your vacation? I'll bet you ARE counting down! Nothing better than being off work. :)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 The 20th is my 3rd Wedding Anniversary and the 28th is my 29th birthday. The weekend in the middle the DH and I are going away for a night to a couples conference with my church and the DH is taking 20-25 off from his job so we'll have a bunch of time off together...I think that's what I'm most excited for. The time off with the DH! You know what I mean. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Gonna be up late tonight and I really really want to snack even though I'm not even hungry so I am going to take a leaf out of the book of @joan6630 and close the kitchen except for water. I'm gonna go wash my face and brush my teeth and not open the fridge or pull anything off my table until I wake up tomorrow!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    tretan wrote: »
    tretan wrote: »
    Hi all!

I'm new here but I'm loving all of your posts and goals so I thought I'd join in the fun.
    Today I did a little more snacking than I should have and I'm trying not to mentally beat myself up for it. It's late afternoon for me right now but I'll just post what I hope to accomplish for the rest of the day.

1. Go on a 3.5 mile run! It's been three whole days since my last run and I'm concerned about how okay I feel without exercise. i need to get myself back in the habit!
    2. Finish an outlook assignment

Hope all of your goals have been coming along smoothly!

Ended up running 4 miles today(: I think the three days of rest really motivated me to push for more.

Nice one!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I think today could be a good day, not only did I manage to get to sleep early at 11pm, the girls didn't get up til 25 mins ago (9.15)

My brain feels tired (which after a sleep like that I know that's my thyroid is playing up!)

But I've had my tablets, I've got a nice cuppa!

Positive vibes and all that. Not gonna post goals just gonna see where this day takes me!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I think today could be a good day, not only did I manage to get to sleep early at 11pm, the girls didn't get up til 25 mins ago (9.15)

My brain feels tired (which after a sleep like that I know that's my thyroid is playing up!)

But I've had my tablets, I've got a nice cuppa!

Positive vibes and all that. Not gonna post goals just gonna see where this day takes me!

Scrap that.
    My days descended into hell.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/8 Tuesday JFT:

✔Awake at 4:30 am
    ✔Morning routine stuff
    ✔Drop kiddos to daily destinations
    ✔Run by ATM
    (Riding bicycle on campus today so don't stress over elliptical)
    ✔Attend class
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Tutoring
    ✔Run by WM
    ✔Home by 4pm
    ✔Dinner by 7pm
    ✔Physics, Physics, Physics!! Final Exam Thursday!
    (Don't get distracted!!!!)
    ✔Bedtime by midnight

8/9 Wednesday JFT:

Morning routine stuff
    Attend class
    Pick-up son from football practice
    Focus on Physics Exam Prep
    Pick up other kiddos around 4pm
    Come straight home and prep dinner
    Dinner by 6 pm
    Physics Review
    Bedtime by 10 pm

Keeping it simple, 2 days until the start of my diet and cleanse, so don't stress over exercise right now. Focusing for my exam ;)

Thank you all for the good luck vibes :D:D

Welcome to the newbies, this thread is wonderful for motivation and support!! The best part, everyone is honest and real.....I mean we're not career athletes, just committing to a healthy lifestyle change B)