Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Jess! OhMyGoodness! Yay! Smart. people. need. challenge.

Diabetic? Take care of your feet!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I just received news of potentially getting to take a step to get closer to my dream job. Which has now put me into a predicament! Instead of stress eating, I will work out and be strong so I can give them my best! Eeks!

I have only had breakfast so far. I am cleaning up my parents house for them!

Lea and Jess, love your pictures!!!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did it! I just signed up for DailyBurn.com, and I'm starting tonight with my first video. They have a lot of different programs to choose from, and I selected "True Beginner" to give myself the best chance of succeeding. each program has a selection of videos, and they recommend what order to do them in but you can choose any video at any time from any program. I do better with structure, so I'm going to start with the first one and go through them. yay me!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Libby, sounds exciting! What's the predicament?
  • woznube7
    Options
    I had already asked the one family to reconsider. So I'm supposed to start Monday and the interview is that Thursday. While I'm confident for the interview, I'm going to have to the family away, again and there isn't going back after that. Which, I'm still working on other opportunities so it won't be long until I'm back in somewhere, but sad and a little fearful at the same time.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE for your thoughts on the March. It was a lot of fun, and I think maybe we even got a little notice from the politicians. We need to stand together for our common goals. We are all different. We vote differently on many things, but our concern for ourselves, our families, the ability to keep a roof over our heads, seeing a doctor when we need it, our water is safe -- these are all basic needs we can share in together.

Hope you all are having a wonderful afternoon. Xoxox to The Group! -- Cath
  • gatamadriz
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    I'm now looking for the "a whole bunch" measurement in the food database. You know? the I-feel-like-heck-so-I-ate-a-whole-bunch-of-malt-o-meal measurement? Not there.

okay. half cup dry malt-o-meal with 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a quarter cup of walnuts, it is.

The political climate of the US has my stomach in knots. There are so many things my indigenous ancestors knew that help me get through. The first thing is, nobody owns Mother Earth. You may feel you own property, but all you own is the right to be a caretaker of the land. Our right to wander this land as we wish was taken from us because of our peaceful ways. I am now considered white, even though I am mixed race. I was raised white. I found out I was mixed race as an adult. Now I remember stories of communities and people who had to be Indian. I remember a stark difference in attitudes between Mom's and Dad's families.

And so, forgive me for not participating in political talk. I'm trying to hold back the bitterness of 60 million indigenous people who live in my heart. I could be pretty sarcastic. So, you are worried that a bad leader will rule over your land? That's too bad. Millions and millions of my mom's relatives died when my dad's relatives moved to this land. Authorities do not own Mother Earth. They are only in authority for a while. I will speak truth always whether I am heard or not. I will not stand with a political agenda. I will stand with my heart. Anyone who has a similar heart, whatever race they are, will stand with me. I am not a follower. I simply stand.

Thank you if you read that.

Love you all.

Lea

Hi Lea,

My heart goes out to you. One of the wonderful influences of my childhood was my best friend's Mom, Shirley Haynes. One night we were discussing Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, which I had been assigned in school.

She said, "You may sympathize, but you will never feel it as a wound in your heart." She then told me that her real name was Shawlee, she was Cherokee, raised on a reservation. Told me many stories over the years -- first time she saw a white man was a hoot!

I understand the reluctance of taking part in political discussions and I did go back and forth for about an hour before saying I had been in the March because this is a place focused on weight control.

I decided to post because it is part of my motivation as a woman and human being.

At any rate, big hugs to you.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @gatamadriz - thank you. That was very kind. I love that you had Shawlee to share with you. She sounds like a great lady!

Our beliefs are indeed a part of who we are and why we are here. I commend you for being sure of your beliefs and for expressing them at somewhat of a risk to your health! Marching could not have been easy.

Love to all,

Lea

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Reading these posts help motivate me. Even on the days that I don't do so well these posts make me want to keep trying. Please don't stop posting. Tonight i had friends for dinner and was over on my calories but not as bad as it could have been and would have been had it not been for this forum. If anyone is losing motivation I think it is good to stay on MFP no matter what. Even if you are falling off the wagon I think simply being here helps.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all! It's a work at home day, which means access to the food all day. There's nothing "bad" in the house, and i feel strong today. :) Working out last night and completing the video, even though I wanted to stop at one point, made me feel so GOOD. The video has a counter that ticks down the time left, and I knew how many minutes and seconds I had to go, which i found helpful. I would recommend you try their month free trial, if you're interested in finding an online gym.

Looking back at yesterday's posts made me realize I'm using this forum kind of as a journal. I always say I want to journal, and I never get past a few days at best. I've been writing here every day for over a month now, and it's become habit. I am grateful to have found people that I can share my true and honest feelings with, knowing that I won't be judged. I can't imagine another situation where I'd let someone read my private journal.

Do you journal?

later,
    jess
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Good ooga mooga. Well if we're going to do this, let's do it!

I have too many online subscriptions. So I found workout plans on MFP, Amazon Prime, and YouTube.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Beginner-Minute-Total-Workout-Weight/dp/B01M012H9J/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Of8pXiRas
    Same as MFP:

I'm actually going to do the Amazon prime beginner video for a week then graduate to one of about 20 other videos from Lumowell. This does not give the added value that a personal trainer gives, but I've already paid for the blinkin service!

I journal. Otherwise, my mind wanders...****:::;;;~~~```√√√÷=[^√¥®€¢\a

Love to all. The hardest journey begins with the first step.

Lea

• woznube7
    Options
    Good morning!

I do journal and I think I tend to journal on here, but I'm thankful I'm comfortable enough to let you guys read my thoughts! You all are a big part of my life now and I'm so thankful for that!

Taking every day one day at a time! Going to clean my apartment today, donate some clothes, organize a bit. Possibly start packing a bit.

I hope you all have a fantastic Wednesday!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    almost at the end of my workday. prejournaled my exercise and dinner, and i'm motivated all over again. tonight's video is 19 minutes of core, some standing, some on the mat. i don't know where my mat is, so i'm going to improvise with a towel and my coat.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    dailyburn day 2 completed. i'm a sweaty girl and feeling good!
  • gatamadriz
    Options
    @gatamadriz - thank you. That was very kind. I love that you had Shawlee to share with you. She sounds like a great lady!

Our beliefs are indeed a part of who we are and why we are here. I commend you for being sure of your beliefs and for expressing them at somewhat of a risk to your health! Marching could not have been easy.

Love to all,

Lea

Marching was not easy, but I felt so strongly that even if I could only walk 2 blocks, that was good by me. My mother, who is 87, marched in Miami. She said they were shunted off into a tiny stadium near Biscayne. It became so packed that the Police wouldn't let anyone else in, so a large group marched out to I-95 and stopped traffic.

She said she tried to get over there because that was where the Fun action was!

• gatamadriz
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Good morning, all! It's a work at home day, which means access to the food all day. There's nothing "bad" in the house, and i feel strong today. :) Working out last night and completing the video, even though I wanted to stop at one point, made me feel so GOOD. The video has a counter that ticks down the time left, and I knew how many minutes and seconds I had to go, which i found helpful. I would recommend you try their month free trial, if you're interested in finding an online gym.

Looking back at yesterday's posts made me realize I'm using this forum kind of as a journal. I always say I want to journal, and I never get past a few days at best. I've been writing here every day for over a month now, and it's become habit. I am grateful to have found people that I can share my true and honest feelings with, knowing that I won't be judged. I can't imagine another situation where I'd let someone read my private journal.

Do you journal?

later,
    jess

Never been able to journal...but I am a novelist and love fiction.
  • gatamadriz
    Options
    Good ooga mooga. Well if we're going to do this, let's do it!

I have too many online subscriptions. So I found workout plans on MFP, Amazon Prime, and YouTube.

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Beginner-Minute-Total-Workout-Weight/dp/B01M012H9J/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Of8pXiRas
    Same as MFP:

I'm actually going to do the Amazon prime beginner video for a week then graduate to one of about 20 other videos from Lumowell. This does not give the added value that a personal trainer gives, but I've already paid for the blinkin service!

I journal. Otherwise, my mind wanders...****:::;;;~~~```√√√÷=[^√¥®€¢\a

Love to all. The hardest journey begins with the first step.

Lea

I didn't realize you could post videos!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Actually, I posted links to the videos. The computer took over from there!

I feel good having exercised this morning! :p

Wow! Glad to see everyone posting. Hello to @dlm4mom @woznube7 @gatamadriz @jessiquoi @KimF0715 @Mithridites @joycelyngray Wooo GO US!!!

Love to all

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i saw your status, Lea, that you exercised today. congratulations!