Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi All ! Just hung my Valentine's hearts around my classroom and ate my yummy lunch of an Amy's Light and Lean meal. Sweet and sour noodle. Gluten free.

Hearts and snowflakes everywhere....mantra: there is happiness in winter...there is happiness in winter.....ad nauseum. Trying not to dream of July. LOL

Food prep is key. Every Thursday I get my supermarket circular and coupons and plan plan plan! Dinners, lunches, breakfasts. Sunday I prep and pack.

Gotta get my butt to the gym again.

Keep it up everyone! Self care in 2017!!!!!!

Kim
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm in the office today, and the beautiful behaviors I'm concentrating on are tracking my food and moving my body. I've been slacking on both. I haven't done the dailyburn videos in three days.

it's one of my in-the-office days, and I'm working like a fiend. the pace of work has picked up so much in the last three weeks, I'm kind of worn out and don't have as much energy to honor my commitments to myself. I just started back in the office three months ago, after being home for 2 yrs, and even though I only go in 2x/week, it's getting overwhelming. I need to find a new pace for myself. I go from static to maniacal! I must learn how to move and think at a pace that doesn't exhaust me, remembering that a)I'm not twenty any more, and b)nothing is as important as my health. I work at home 2x a week also, and those days have been a calming time for me, but this week that has gone. yesterday at home was crazy, and tomorrow looks to be like it too.

libby, good for you for moving and taking care of yourself! breathe. I heard that anxiety is dwelling on the future, and depression is dwelling on the past, and that if you can bring yourself into the "now", these will dissipate. it truly worked for me with my anxiety. I hope this helps you.

lea, gardening is such a great hobby! my fiancé is big in the garden, which is why we just bought and moved to an old farmhouse on 2.5 acres. he's too busy still putting the house together to get anything going outside yet, but I know i'll have fresh veggies this year!

@DarkSinestra, I love scifi fantasy and historical fiction! I wonder if I've read anything of yours? I understand if you prefer to remain anonymous, but if you feel like sharing your name, i'll definitely look you up in my library!

@SpicyGorilla, good job on the food prep!

Going to try to wind down a bit before my 1pm meeting. *breathing deeply* maybe i'll take a wee walk.

later,
    jess
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    FYI, tomorrow I will start a new thread titled Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017. I'll put a link to it in this thread after I do.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    I'm so excited... i just finished tracking my dinner and i still have over 200 calories left! i may, for the first time, meet my caloric goal!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    ditto on the poke weed. I have plenty in the yard. I don't cook it because if I screw it up, it might not help my already scrambled brain!

Jess - you will love the fresh veggies! They are so much better than store bought.

Kim - it was 60+ degrees here today. We are so hoping the storms don't hit us, but there is still time for winter here in southern U.S. I'm so sorry. I wish I could send everyone the delightful sunshine as soon as it came out!

Okay, it is time for me to move it up a notch on the diet. perhaps I will be one of those who logs food ahead of eating it? I had my big salad for supper tonight, but then got tempted by grazing. and of course, what did I eat? who knows? it's gone! Log in advance, then eat what you planned! duh! I will include snacks in the log. I seem to be hungry a lot, so perhaps more fiber is on the menu.

Healthy sleep leads to healthy weight!

Good night. Sweet dreams.

Lea
  • SpicyGorilla
    SpicyGorilla Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I increased my calorie allotment because I was starving! I still blew it today by eating 3 slices of pizza that the boss bought while waiting for our open house to start at work. I'm trying not to feel guilty.I'm still doing well over all.
    One day at a time.
    Checking in here has reminded me to be kind to myself .
    I hope that you all had a good day.
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    "Beautiful behaviors " I like it. I'm working on keeping our every day meals as simple and healthy as possible so that cheating becomes work. I'm working on taking my baby out for walks so we can both have some fresh air and vitamin D. I am working on organizing my home in a way that it becomes our calming and relaxing haven that is easy to maintain. I'm working on centering myself in a way that no one can knock me off balance again.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Today I did not do well. I had upset stomach all day that was settled by crackers and bread. Which i am thinking might be my triggers based on the rest of the day. So I am not logging today and tomorrow will be better. I got a decent number of steps in spite of it all. Lots of great messages in posts from the past few days. Hang in there everyone!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @dlm4mom , we are on a new thread now. please see the post just above yours for the link to the new thread.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    aleahurst - I'm in Missouri, close to the Kansas state line - Royals baseball country!

SpiceyGorilla -- Keep moving forward. Your pain and challenges are real. Good luck to you.

Have a great weekend everyone -- popping in and out during my lunch hour. Jean
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @jeanlake see above post for the new link