Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ohmy. I went to the store. Came home. Ate my one treat food first. Went over calories, but just a little! I loved my odd treat! Goat cheese. I passed by ice cream. I passed by chocolate. I passed by potato chips. I went for a more nutritious and different treat food. Imported cheese and French bread. Tangy and savory. Ahhhh.

Okay, I'll exercise tonight.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hey, Libby, we missed you yesterday, hope all is ok!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    lea, awesome choice of snack! congrats on passing the junk by. good job!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Good luck at the gym, Kim! Do you go to a privately owned gym? Or a community rec center? Or a dance/exercise studio? I think they have different attitudes at those three types of gyms.

Jess, keep up the daily burn! Woooooo!

My best accomplishment is that I am re-learning how to eat. It's been a jolt.

Today, my goals are primarily self care. Shower, clean clothes, walk to the store, boring stuff, and then KonMarie the house to reduce books and paper clutter. I'm still trying for a simpler life. I know I can find it under this stuff.

Stay calm and love your neighbors and yourselves.

Lea

It's an LA Fitness chain. Luckily for me, I know how to stave off an silly marketing/personal training ploys. The gym my husband and I worked at was a privately owned gym, but they were trying to market themselves as a chain.

And if my fellow workout folks want to look at me like some geriatric lost cause as I get on the treadmill, so be it. I know what kind of shape I was once in, and can be again!!!! So watch out gym rats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self care, baby! Get in there, kid!
  • KimF0715
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Kim, good luck at the gym! just take it at the pace your body can handle, and remember that everyone's more worried about what THEY look like than what YOU look like, except for the ones who are focused on their workout and don't even notice anyone else. be like them!

Darn right!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! Happy Saturday!!

I went to Milwaukee on Friday and walked the zoo and then went to the hockey game and walked some more. My feet are barking, but felt good to walk!!

My apologies for being quiet! When I'm not on the computer I forget to check in sometimes. You guys are all doing fabulous! I just caught up reading on everyone! I definitely have been missing you guys and have been coming on here to get my dose of "beautiful behaviors" while I straighten out the struggles going on, currently!

Looks like there are many new faces, which is so neat!!!

Jess - you are so sweet!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »

Love it!

• aleahurst
    Options
    Yes, I am depressed.

“A depressed person did say to me, ‘I couldn’t do anything you asked in our last session. I was too depressed to get out of bed,’” Wicks told me. “I said, ‘Ah, that is my fault. I should have cautioned you that those voices would be there and to respond by saying: Yes, I am depressed but I am going to be depressed outside. Activity and depression don’t like to live together.” - Robert Wicks

So I took a walk down the street.

• KimF0715
    Options
    Yes, I am depressed.

“A depressed person did say to me, ‘I couldn’t do anything you asked in our last session. I was too depressed to get out of bed,’” Wicks told me. “I said, ‘Ah, that is my fault. I should have cautioned you that those voices would be there and to respond by saying: Yes, I am depressed but I am going to be depressed outside. Activity and depression don’t like to live together.” - Robert Wicks

So I took a walk down the street.

Best thing you could do. Depression is a *kitten*. I've suffered from mild depression and anxiety my whole adult life.

You are most certainly not alone.
  • KimF0715
    edited January 2017
    Options
    That was supposed to say depression is a "*kitten*." Damn phone !!!!!!
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    @KimF0715, MFP replaces profanity with *kitten* now. Lol

@aleahurst, that quote was definitely good to see. I have dealt with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember, but only just admitted it to my doctor so I could get some medical help. I am glad I finally admitted I can't deal with it myself. Outside time definitely helps as well!

It sounds like everyone is doing well and making progress toward their goals. I will probably continue to mostly lurk, but I will be reading all the posts and cheering everyone on.
  • KimF0715
    Options
    @KimF0715, MFP replaces profanity with *kitten* now. .

That's awesome. I am hysterical right now.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hi, everyone. i had a lovely visit with my daughter today. relaxing now, after cleaning all morning. i haven't tracked my food for two days. i have a problem with consistency. ya think? i'm all gung ho for a few days, and then i get off track so easily. and i don't even care right now. i just want to listen to stevie nicks and veg. later,
    jess
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Do you have a "lazy day" routine? Do you have a day per week when you get sloppy with logging food that is eaten? When you take a long bath and slip back into your loosest pajamas? Do you have a day when you permit yourself to drink coffee with extra sugar and cream, and then stand at the window watching squirrels play while you sip?

More importantly, is it necessary to have those days when we diet? Are we backsliding? Or just taking a vacation day?

Stay beautiful and have a wonderful evening!
  • xelashelby_89xx
    xelashelby_89xx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I would also love to join this group. One of my resolutions for the new year was to be more positive. Not to mention one of my biggest challenges is that I lose motivation very easily. :/
  • aleahurst
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi, @xelashelby_89xx . welcome!

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.". - Thomas Edison

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I hate being tired on Saturday. I worked all day and accomplished very little. Fought food all day and ended up 300 over. Could be worse. My goal for next week is to learn about portion size. And to continue to have 5000 steps most days. I am thinking about thing about riding it
    Feeling cranky and tired
  • xelashelby_89xx
    xelashelby_89xx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I worked out today! Nothing super intense, but I'm still happy about it. :)
  • aleahurst
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I walked. Yay!

@dlm4mom - you got this! 300 over once in a while is going to happen. I wonder, when we do that, could it be because we just actually need the calories? Not that I'm pushing going over calorie allowance, but you are doing well.

@xelashelby_89xx -yay!
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    KimF0715 wrote: »
    Good luck at the gym, Kim! Do you go to a privately owned gym? Or a community rec center? Or a dance/exercise studio? I think they have different attitudes at those three types of gyms.

Jess, keep up the daily burn! Woooooo!

My best accomplishment is that I am re-learning how to eat. It's been a jolt.

Today, my goals are primarily self care. Shower, clean clothes, walk to the store, boring stuff, and then KonMarie the house to reduce books and paper clutter. I'm still trying for a simpler life. I know I can find it under this stuff.

Stay calm and love your neighbors and yourselves.

Lea

It's an LA Fitness chain. Luckily for me, I know how to stave off an silly marketing/personal training ploys. The gym my husband and I worked at was a privately owned gym, but they were trying to market themselves as a chain.

And if my fellow workout folks want to look at me like some geriatric lost cause as I get on the treadmill, so be it. I know what kind of shape I was once in, and can be again!!!! So watch out gym rats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooo Funny! I am in the opposite position in my gym. I go mid-afternoon. The only people under 70 are me and the trainers. So I always feel very accomplished. Also, I've been wearing my raggy stained t-shirts, 2 sizes too big, worn out yoga pants, and 10 year old sneakers. Went out and got myself a shiny new pair of Brooks sneakers which I am living in, some new yoga pants that I actually had hemmed and some really nice workout tees that have all those "wicks sweat" bells and whistles. All on 70% off. But I feel really great going to do my workouts and training session. Do I NEED this stuff? heck no, but it's nice to have it! -- CONGRATS -Cath