Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful thinkers.
    Here's wishing this week is full of positive actions and motivating thoughts. I had the husband home this weekend and still managed to keep track of what I ate. Usually I get too busy and enjoy Netflix and snack marathons with him too much to keep track. He offered food but was not too insistent when I turned it down. So happy he's getting onboard with being supportive of me in this weightoss journey.
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I survived the weekend. While I can't say I did a great job with food, I certainly didn't go off of the deep end. But...I came pretty close. Found a new restaurant with friends that had great pub fare. And finding fried pickles that are gluten free (they use cornmeal) is very very rare!!!! The good part was that they were bite sized.

I will say that I am glad that I made Fridays my weigh-in days. lol

Waiting for the nor'easter storm here in Jersey. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

Kim
  • mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I hope everyone's weekend was what you wanted it to be! I am in the process of moving to a new house so that kept me nice and busy, and away from all the snacks! Thankful for the small things! My goals for this week are to avoid the fast food as much as possible, and to find the time to do something for myself a couple times this week. Reading a new book and painting my nails sound like good options right now!

@aleahurst I feel you on the political climate. I have never before been as worried about politics as I am right now. I'm not judging anyone who voted for him, I just honestly don't get it. I am a teacher, so my big concern right now is his pick for Secretary of Education.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! It's gale-like winds here in MD today, and I've already lost power twice. I took the day off, even though it's a work at home day, because i'm just not feeling it. i didn't track my food all weekend, and i started again this morning. i'm having trouble on the weekend, so i'm not losing, it's like i'm in maintenance. More work to be done somewhere... i've got goals, but really no plan to attain them, and a goal without a plan is just a wish.

Does anyone else have more trouble on their days off, days that are less structured? How do you make them work for you? I'm looking for something to try.

later,
    jess
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday you all! Good day, Jess, @Mithridites @KimF0715 @mcglothinm !

I awoke with a terrible craving for canned salmon today. It was terrible because I got to the bottom of the can and suddenly realized the first forkful was so much more savory and tastier than that last forkful that tasted mmmmm fishy.

All of my days are somewhat unstructured. I do allow one treat food when I shop. Those chips are readily consumed, and then only healthy stuff is left. Then, just graze on what is available.

One "trick" that is kind of working is my big pottery cereal bowl. I have an off-white bowl that would hold two bowls of cereal, or a huge ice cream sundae, or one box of Annie's mac and cheese. I got it for a dollar at Fred's (where a lot of old people and poor families shop). The thing about this bowl is that it is comfortable to hold in one hand while the other hand is clicking through YouTube videos. It has deep walls so that food does not easily spill out. It's fashionably chipped on the rim. This is a real southern comfort food bowl.

In the evening, when comfort food is most tempting, the bowl is filled with carrots, celery, nuts, apples, cauliflower, pumpkin seeds, raisins, or whatever there is. It carries easily all over the house.

Yep. Comfort food is nearly always served in a bowl.

Hope your Monday is wonderful and all you food a comfort!

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Welcome, Jean, and congratulations on your journey so far, you are very inspiring!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @jeanlake ! wow. That's great!

My goals for tomorrow:
    Get out of bed.

Yep. I'm setting the bar low tomorrow. Anything above getting out of bed will be a blessing.

Greetings and well wishes to all who share this journey!

Lea
  • joycelyngray
    joycelyngray Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @jeanlake you can do it. Even if you shower and put on new PJs and get back in the bed you moved. #winning! And fresh jammies makes everything better.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was at home all day and had a lazy day off. I really did nothing. I made some high calorie chowder and muffins for lunch- remarkably i did not end up too bad on calories. Tomorrow I will get back on board. The unstructured days are harder for me too but the structured days when i am exhausted at the end of the day might be tougher---no wonder I have a little trouble with weight.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I am struggling. I am losing my motivation. I was so gung ho the day I started this group back in December, and I'm slowly but surely sinking back into bad habits.

What do you do when this happens to you?

later,
    jess
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

This week has been challenging, but I've tried to relax. I start my nanny job on Monday, the 30th.

I bought salad and the ready pack chicken slices and diced. I bought mac n cheese too so I can mix in.

I haven't gotten myself to get to the gym, but that is ok. I'm not fretting.

My apologies for being quiet, I'm sorting everything out and still keeping up with all the good reads! You guys are so amazing and inspiring!!!

Jess -- push through it! I've been going back and reading old posts. Also I lean on you guys! :)

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

We survived the NY / NJ Nor'easter. Unfortunately, the rest of the country's weather looks like it was much more unkind. California and Georgia! Wow. Prayers going up for them.

Still trudging along, logging away. Haven't started a workout regimen lately....that's coming.

For now, just still mindful of self care. Spend an hour last night on myself. Locked the bathroom door and got out the essential oils, the skin care products, you name it. Fabulous. Fell asleep like a log BEFORE 9PM last night until the tween called out to me with a nonsense question. Little stinker.

Ehh...I know I'll miss it when she's grown.

Big ol' salad today for lunch! Everyone have a happy healthy day!

Kim
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @joycelyngray - thank you. Your post made me giggle!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Good morning, all!

I am struggling. I am losing my motivation. I was so gung ho the day I started this group back in December, and I'm slowly but surely sinking back into bad habits.

What do you do when this happens to you?

later,
    jess

We've all been there, some too many times to count. Just remind yourself that each day is a chance to make small good choices, and in the end these little things will add up to make a big difference.
    Sometimes I rescue myself by unrolling my yoga mat. I tell myself I'm only comitting to 20 minutes, but I end up doing more once I start. It also clears my head of self-negating thoughts.
    Today my coworkers were going out to get fried chicken for lunch and asked me if I want some. I was able to resist, knowing I have healthy and tasty leftovers of meals I made with my hubby on the weekend. Really saved me.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Jess - you are obviously smart and talented. Challenge yourself.

No?

Okay, I'll challenge you. The equivalent of a four block walk - barefoot. Doesn't sound hard? It is. I might wear soft sole moccasins for it. They are essentially leather socks. You must train yourself to step lightly when barefoot.

Libby - I'm so glad you took a job! You are very resourceful!

Kim - great idea on the salad for lunch. Would you mind doing something for me? Next Monday night or Tuesday morning, drop a post here, reminding me that it is salad Tuesday. It just sounds so good to plan a big salad lunch once a week!

@joycelyngray - welcome to this little community. I like your attitude!

Stay calm and stay united!

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    has anyone tried DailyBurn.com? it's an online "gym" with lots of videos, supposedly tailored to your needs and ranging in duration from 15 minutes and up. I'm thinking of signing up. it's $15/month and you get the first month free. anyone want to try it with me? :smiley:
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, lovely, I never walk barefoot, even to the bathroom in the middle of the night, because I'm a type 1 diabetic and foot issues are the bane of a diabetic's existence! but I AM ready to challenge myself. see post above re: DailyBurn.com
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    ps, LEA, I like your new pic. it's good to "see" you! <3
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    I was inspired by Lea to update my profile pic to one that I just took today. the other one was 2 or 3 yrs old.