Easy Mac Diet

Replies

• brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Ah yes, my college days.

Are you tracking calories at all? I'm genuinely curious how this plays out. I can't judge, I get a significant amount of calories from Laffy Taffy so...

Yes I'm tracking thru the app. 1770 target and this is just day 6 and I've been good thus far.
  • brewerfan13
    Rockstar energy drink and 200mg caffeine pill
    1 egg
    2 bacon strips
    2 small round sausage
    1 sister Schubert biscuit
    1 sister Schubert cinnamon roll
    Serving of easy Mac (with 1 bacon strip mixed in)
    Another serving of easy mac
    Serving of chili (wife made, very good)
    6 8oz glasses water

I have 200 calories left. Probably will do a protein shake. The bulk of my calories was the big breakfast. It was around 600.

3.6 mile walk with my 2 dogs
    Lifted weights for about 20 minutes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Do you eat vegetables?
  • brewerfan13
    Do you eat vegetables?

There was some in the chili. Bell pepper, tomato, onion. I'll sometimes eat Asian chopped salad (bagged from Sams)
  • brewerfan13
    Do you eat vegetables?

There was some in the chili. Bell pepper, tomato, onion. I'll sometimes eat Asian chopped salad (bagged from Sams)

But this week I've had very few vegetables. Fruits yes but not many veggies.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Do you eat vegetables?

But this week I've had very few vegetables. Fruits yes but not many veggies.

Try to do better with that. Eat more of that salad.

Salad is the only way my husband eats vegetables. I've made more salads in the past 28 years that I've known him. I'm so sick of chopping lettuce, I can't even begin to tell you. I hardly eat salad myself anymore, I'm so tired of it.

Sorry for the rant! EAT YOUR VEGGIES!
  • brewerfan13
    I just got done with a workout. The last time my heart rate was at 190 I think I was in a Taco Bell drive thru.

Easy Mac Diet fun fact - sitting in a sauna is low intensity cardio. Don't let any so called trainer or unqualified physician tell you otherwise. My heart rate was between 125 and 140 for the 15 minutes I hung out in there thinking about dinner. #easymac
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2017
    Do you eat vegetables?

Dude, mac comes from grains, grains are a plant, ergo!

(Just teasing, or helping with the marketing materials for the diet.) ;-)
  • brewerfan13
    3 pounds down after the first week. Need to keep it going.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited January 2017
    Annie_01 wrote: »

Just think by this time next year there could be "Easy Mac Diet" ice cream...

I don't know about using the name, but 'macaroni and cheese' ice cream sounds awesome! A macaroni-flavored ice cream base with a swirled ribbon of that synthetic cheese, maybe some flecks of red and green bell pepper and onion, some crunchy hotdog-flavored nuggets...
  • brewerfan13
    Eat 2 servings of Easy Mac a day and any other foods to stay within you caloric goal. Day 3 almost in the books. Feeling great.

...then what the fack is the point of all the Easy Mac? Why not eat every other meal to fit your calorie needs as well? This is the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard.

Please explain why it's nonsensical? In 7 days I've had 14 servings of easy Mac. Actually more servings than I've had servings of water. It is the staple of the diet. Not sure how hard that is to comprehend.
  • Alatariel75
    Question - would you have eaten the Easy Mac anyway? I mean, if you weren't counting calories or trying to lose weight, would it still be a twice a day staple of your diet?
  • brewerfan13
    Question - would you have eaten the Easy Mac anyway? I mean, if you weren't counting calories or trying to lose weight, would it still be a twice a day staple of your diet?

Before last week I hadn't had it in probably 3 years. Or more.
  • Alatariel75

Ah ok. I was just trying to establish whether you loved it so much you couldn't give it up and were trying to lose weight while not giving it up, or whether you'd just picked an arbitrary food. Why Easy Mac?
  • brewerfan13

Ah ok. I was just trying to establish whether you loved it so much you couldn't give it up and were trying to lose weight while not giving it up, or whether you'd just picked an arbitrary food. Why Easy Mac?

I had 36 servings that I had in the cupboard from an Amazon "deal" a few months ago. So I started my diet plan based around knowing that about 25 percent of my daily calories would come from 2 servings. Easy to prep (no prep) easy to cook, easy to eat and easy to clean.
  • Alatariel75

I had 36 servings that I had in the cupboard from an Amazon "deal" a few months ago. So I started my diet plan based around knowing that about 25 percent of my daily calories would come from 2 servings. Easy to prep (no prep) easy to cook, easy to eat and easy to clean.

Cool cool, just wondering!