Easy Mac Diet

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Sounds like you are eating a variety of other foods along with the 2 easy mac servings per day - so, if you like them and they fit in your calorie goals, good luck to you.

I don't much like macaroni cheese of any sort so it's not for me.
    but I can relate to the finding a food you like and eating it repetitively - I do same with some foods, I eat 3 weetbix ( with milk and tsp of sugar) for breakfast every working day.

I guess I could all it the Weetbix Before Work diet - not quite as catchy as Easy Mac Diet but there you go.

Shorten it to WBW diet... makes it sounds like something official...
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Okay, I'm in for naming your "diet" for something you eat every day. Think I could get famous telling people I lost 73 pounds on the Chocolate Diet? :) And no restrictions on what kind of chocolate, either... plain, generic, brand name, mixed with caramel or nuts, bars, cookies, cupcakes, muffins, milk chocolate, dark chocolate... whatever you like!*

*consumed as part of a daily calorie-counting food plan which includes eating less calories than you burn.

Famous, probably not. Will you lose weight, absolutely.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Easy Mac...I thought you might be interested...

https://lilk8tob.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/diy-easy-mac-from-kraft-blue-box/

DIY Easy Mac from Kraft blue box

Pour 1/4 cup of noodles into a large microwave safe mug

Add 1/2 cup water

Microwave 3 minutes

Stir

Microwave 2 more minutes, then drain. The mug will be really hot, so please don’t let your toddler(or your dog) help take it out of the microwave!

Measure out 2.5 teaspoons of the Kraft cheese, pour on top of the drained noodles

Add 1 tablespoon of milk

*Add 1/8 TBL butter

*Optional

This idea could save you tons of money...
  • brewerfan13
    Annie_01 wrote: »

Add 1/2 cup water

Microwave 3 minutes

Stir

Microwave 2 more minutes, then drain. The mug will be really hot, so please don’t let your toddler(or your dog) help take it out of the microwave!

Measure out 2.5 teaspoons of the Kraft cheese, pour on top of the drained noodles

Add 1 tablespoon of milk

*Add 1/8 TBL butter

*Optional

Can you calculate the cost per serving? I have been getting easy Mac off amazon for 23 cents per serving.

The advantage of easy Mac over the option you presented is that easy Mac is very portable. All one needs is access to water and a functioning microwave.
  • brewerfan13
    Need a fast and nutritious lunch? 3 minutes and 30 seconds in the microwave, add BBQ, stir and eat. Add a hearty piece of white bread as a side. Wash it down with a tasty zero calorie Diet Mountain Dew. #easymac
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »

Add 1/2 cup water

Microwave 3 minutes

Stir

Add 1 tablespoon of milk

*Add 1/8 TBL butter

*Optional

I take it you're speaking from experience... in both cases :tongue:

I actually do something similar (just with a higher quality cheese) for lazy work lunches. It's not bad for being lazy.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    What is easy mac?
    One of those American foods that seems like it should be in the Simpsons not in real life - like Koolaid and hamburger helper and pop tarts :)

Alls I know is that I have not had a Pop Tart in years, but I keep reading threads on mfp about how bad they are and it makes me remember how good they tasted.
  • brewerfan13
    Easy Mac with a dash of this Sprout's seasoning. The seasoning made the already great taste of the Easy Mac just that much better. #easymac
  • brewerfan13
    Just enjoyed this well balanced snack. Whopper Jr (no cheese) and fries. High quality ingredients for a low low price. If you listen to the so called experts that bash fast food, I'd seriously consider their qualifications. Beef, tomato, lettuce and onion - these are all items found in the meat case and produce section at your local grocer. Eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it. The Easy Mac diet has ZERO restrictions. #easymac
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Just enjoyed this well balanced snack. Whopper Jr (no cheese) and fries. High quality ingredients for a low low price. If you listen to the so called experts that bash fast food, I'd seriously consider their qualifications. Beef, tomato, lettuce and onion - these are all items found in the meat case and produce section at your local grocer. Eat what you want to eat when you want to eat it. The Easy Mac diet has ZERO restrictions. #easymac

Did it have pickles? It better have had pickles.
  • brewerfan13

Did it have pickles? It better have had pickles.

Yes it had pickles
  • Weightwatcher6314
    Weightwatcher6314 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    xxxx
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Need a fast and nutritious lunch? 3 minutes and 30 seconds in the microwave, add BBQ, stir and eat. Add a hearty piece of white bread as a side. Wash it down with a tasty zero calorie Diet Mountain Dew. #easymac

Bbq on mac and cheese with a diet dew chaser!?!? I feel like we should have been soul mates! <3 (too much?)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    kkress92 wrote: »
    I keep hearing that song "Return of the Mac" running through my head....

Just in case it wasn't stuck in the head of every person that read the above comment:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w
  • brewerfan13
    I think this sudden hashtag happening has made something inside me snap.

I'm suddenly feeling the urge to dig my cane out of storage and start waving it at young people on my lawn.

I'm cross posting from Facebook. That is the reason for the hash tag. #sorry