Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    actually, may amend it to red and blue jello shots :)

Holy great idea!! I am changing my punch bowls to jello shots! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    super bowl we are doing

pulled pork
    pasta salad
    brownies or cheesecake
    beer/wine/liquor
    wings
    and other people are bringing dips and what not...

oh,and I will not be at work on Monday :)

Go Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One more time...!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    spoiler: subway cookies are the debil.

And they do the PERFECT oatmeal raisin! <3

Nah, sorry - I can't stand raisins! My hubby tries to get me to eat them by reminding me they're just shrivelled grapes, but I really don't like the taste OR the texture!

Hhaaaagghhkkk raisins are VILE. I will go full toddler and refuse to eat them if they are presented to me. I don't care how long you slaved over X if it has raisins it is NOT going into my mouth! :s
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wow I am just the master of good formatting LOLOL
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    scubagram wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol
    YES! I was worried that I was in this alone; LOL. I'm not a "healthy" eater but feel healthier since I'm losing pounds. Maybe in the future quality will matter as much as quantity; but for now, I'm succeeding by watching how much is going in my mouth. I love desserts! With all that said, I have a long way to go...

Yep. I guess it can also be super demotivating when you're excited and proud of your progress and then someone stops by just to point out the not healthy parts instead of focusing on how much more healthy you are now than when you began.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    How I wish my mother would have made me eat my veggies instead of fried baloney sandwiches.... but I'm not blaming. I just like some stuff, but I've finally learned that limitations are better for me.

I loved fried bologna sandwiches when I was not a vegetarian...with cheese :P and mayo.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Just sat down at a local diner -ordered a Swiss and cheddar grilled sandwich on parmessan bread with mayo, onion and tomato, and then a side of onion rings :# We're moving out of our house today and we'll be eating out every meal until we get situated in out new place on Monday. Going to be an epic food weekend lol!

One time, when I lived with my 2 older kids and my parents, the kids and I had to stay at a hotel for a week because they were working on the house with some unsafe fumes....we ate fast food nonstop every single day lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Sabbath tonight! Going to have me 4 oz of fresh challah, pasta with chickpeas in a curry-seasoned tomato sauce (recipe originally called for Indian chickpea noodles, but I couldn't find them and the cookbook said I could sub in capellini pasta) and hummus, veggie pate, a couple of other salads...

And tomorrow, potato kugel, a frosted cookie, maple apple cake...

Kugel is the tastiest food ever and I miss it because the only one I ever tried had meat in it (bacon). I wish I could find vegetarian kugel nearby! It might be my favorite food.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Nah, sorry - I can't stand raisins! My hubby tries to get me to eat them by reminding me they're just shrivelled grapes, but I really don't like the taste OR the texture!

Hhaaaagghhkkk raisins are VILE. I will go full toddler and refuse to eat them if they are presented to me. I don't care how long you slaved over X if it has raisins it is NOT going into my mouth! :s

Yep... hubby will sometimes try to shove a raisin in my mouth, just because we're children like that, and I clamp my lips tight and refuse to budge no matter how much he tries! It's worse if it's a chocolate-covered one, because then we get messy, but I still won't eat it!

(Although I will admit, since it's just us here (it IS just us here, right?), that in the distant past if I was really desperate for a taste of chocolate I'd suck the coating off the chocolate raisins and spit the raisin out... It made the chocolate taste funny, though, so that was a really last-ditch attempt to get some!)

I actually love chocolate covered raisins (raisinettes), but I strongly dislike raisins by themselves.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Tonight is burgers and fries for us. Yum.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Sabbath tonight! Going to have me 4 oz of fresh challah, pasta with chickpeas in a curry-seasoned tomato sauce (recipe originally called for Indian chickpea noodles, but I couldn't find them and the cookbook said I could sub in capellini pasta) and hummus, veggie pate, a couple of other salads...

And tomorrow, potato kugel, a frosted cookie, maple apple cake...

Kugel is the tastiest food ever and I miss it because the only one I ever tried had meat in it (bacon). I wish I could find vegetarian kugel nearby! It might be my favorite food.

If there are any Jewish/kosher stores nearby, you're likely to find potato and/or noodle kugel there. Less common would be carrot, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, mushroom, and Yerushalmi (sweet and sticky noodles) varieties. And I definitely can't keep it in the house. I'm just lucky my synagogue provides it as part of the post-services buffet.
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    Options
    Right here! Stayed under my calorie goal the past few days even though my diary has included items such as pizza, Doritos, and reeses puffs. I generally do try to eat healthy but sometimes pizza happens. Plus husband has been home and that makes dieting so much harder for me