Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    One sentence implied all of that? :facepalm:

No. You asked why eating whole foods makes one "holier than thou" and I gave you my opinion of why.

Your one sentence - namely this one...
    Because those are the illnesses that occur due to eating bad foods. How is it not relevant?

- implied that you think there are such things as "bad foods" and that anyone who eats them is bound to become very sick as a result. Anyone can be at risk of those diseases regardless of how they eat. Anyone. You've never seen an article about an athlete who unexpectedly dropped dead?

Cylphin60 wrote: »
    I'll have my own answer tomorrow after my doctor's visit.
    [...]
    I'll post up again tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Please do! I'd love to know - and I'm glad to hear you feel so good!
    Will do!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Skinny people still can get cancer, heart disease, and diabetes, just saying...

?????

And this is relevant, how?

Don't mind him, he's been posting in tons of threads with his holier than thou you must eat all whole foods or you are unhealthy judgemental statementa

Curious, why does eating whole foods make someone holier than thou?

?????

Don't mind him, he's been posting in tons of threads with his holier than thou you must eat all whole foods or you are unhealthy judgemental statementa

The berating of the OP for daring to feed their sick husband a milkshake because he's having trouble getting in enough calories after surgery was especially dear.

How is giving suggestions berating someone? Why is a milkshake considered nutritious?

context and dosage.

for example: in a recent thread where a milkshake was suggested the OP was looking for ways to keep her husband's calories up while he cannot have solid food. milkshakes were suggested as an option and would absolutely fit the needs stated. nobody said to forego all nutritious foods and feed him only milkshakes forever and ever amen.

similarly, in this thread, people are happily sharing delicious foods that they eat within the context of their individual diets. nobody is advocating eating a diet which consists only of one type of food (almost nobody. RIP #easymacdiet dude wherever you are).

He's alive I'm sure. My kid has autism and he lives on macaroni, chips and banana for the most part with a few select additives like the occasional pbj. His blood tests and vital etc always come out fine. lol.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »

?????

?????

The berating of the OP for daring to feed their sick husband a milkshake because he's having trouble getting in enough calories after surgery was especially dear.

How is giving suggestions berating someone? Why is a milkshake considered nutritious?

context and dosage.

for example: in a recent thread where a milkshake was suggested the OP was looking for ways to keep her husband's calories up while he cannot have solid food. milkshakes were suggested as an option and would absolutely fit the needs stated. nobody said to forego all nutritious foods and feed him only milkshakes forever and ever amen.

similarly, in this thread, people are happily sharing delicious foods that they eat within the context of their individual diets. nobody is advocating eating a diet which consists only of one type of food (almost nobody. RIP #easymacdiet dude wherever you are).

He's alive I'm sure. My kid has autism and he lives on macaroni, chips and banana for the most part with a few select additives like the occasional pbj. His blood tests and vital etc always come out fine. lol.

Hahaha, hello again-- that one with the husband needing milkshakes was me! And yeah, how ridiculous was that? :p It's really, really hard for some people to live in a middle ground, I think. I really do admire people who eat really really well but there's nothing wrong with a milkshake once in a while. (Especially if you've apparently lived on less than 1,00 calories a day for 3 days!) He's doing better now BTW.

good to hear! i know how rough that can be, i had my tonsils out when i was 18 and i didn't eat solids for a few weeks (or talk, which made my family very very happy lol) and i accidentally ended up in ketosisv from not consuming enough calories, i remember the smell and it was awful.
    Verity1111 wrote: »

?????

?????

context and dosage.

oh, i'm sure he's alive, i just meant that his thread and hashtag seem to have died.
  • Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    600 cals left - coffee ice-cream or lemon pancakes?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I vote pancakes.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    I second the pancakes, they sound so good.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Coming in AFTER the pancakes... (How do you even follow that????)

For the most part I do eat healthy BUT... bacon is something that must not be ignored.. every Sunday. God gets his due... and the pig must sacrifice for mine... that's how it works.
    I still find space for pizza, an occasional burger... a giant steak (the cow must pay too dammit!!), fried chicken, ribs, brisket... and the elusive cronut (croissant donut for those of you who have no idea what heaven tastes like).
    That being said, I've still managed to lose over 70 pounds without having to play any games to trick myself, like "cheat days" (No judgment: cheat days may work for you, but it doesn't work for me.) The only thing I find myself regularly craving, is chocolate. I have to have a little every night to calm the "demons" in my head. >:)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Aww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @quiksylver296!!!! Hope your day is awesome and delicious!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Aww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @quiksylver296!!!! Hope your day is awesome and delicious!!

Thanks! I've been obsessing over that cheeseburger for about a week!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    It's my birthday! Dutch Bros frou-frou coffee, cheeseburgers, and cheesecake will be consumed! :p<3:p

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    It's my birthday! Dutch Bros frou-frou coffee, cheeseburgers, and cheesecake will be consumed! :p<3:p

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day! :)

(And what kind of "frou-frou" coffee did you have? (Don't know what Dutch Bros. is - is that a brand, or a restaurant? :) ) I used to love getting one of the alcoholic types of coffee with about an inch of cream on the top for a special treat, but I can't even remember the last time I had one of those!)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member

?????

Because those are the illnesses that occur due to eating bad foods. How is it not relevant?

Shoo, you.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cylphin60 wrote: »
    @SueSueDio and anyone else interested.

My post history in this thread alone shows that I LOVE my "Junk" foods.

My doctor covered all my bloodwork/urinalysis numbers with me about an hour ago.

My "bad" cholesterol is @ 134. He said he would prefer 130 or lower.

Literally everything else was perfect. He used the phrase "Like a teenager" several times.

For what it's worth, I'm 57, so that phrase meant something lol. And also for what it's worth, he's trying to diagnose an ongoing issue, so everything that can be tested for was tested for. I also have copies of all the paperwork, so I can provide specifics if asked.

I guess I'm free to continue being unclean :p

I never know what any of the numbers mean (and have never had a doctor that tells me, if I need any tests - it's just okay or not-okay), so I'll take your word for it! :)

It sounds like you're in what might have been described a few years ago as "rude health", so congratulations! I'll have to send you my badge that says "recycled teenager"... ;)

(Oh, and I hope they figure out whatever is causing your issues soon!)