Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    It is quite a challenge to find people who don't eat "clean" and healthy in a country where 70% of the people are overweight :#

Not sure what one has to do with the other. You can be in a calorie surplus on whole foods too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What's everyone's fave Halloween candy? Just curious. Like if you had a trick or treat bag only filled with ONE thing, what would make you happiest?

Toss up between Take 5 and Twix. Or Milky Way Midnight. Or Skor bars.

Wait, what was the question?

Our elementary school has trunk or treat tonight so I'm looking forward to starting to steal, commandeer, SHARE my kids halloween candy this weekend.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    It is quite a challenge to find people who don't eat "clean" and healthy in a country where 70% of the people are overweight :#

giphy.gif
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    What's everyone's fave Halloween candy? Just curious. Like if you had a trick or treat bag only filled with ONE thing, what would make you happiest?

Toss up between Take 5 and Twix. Or Milky Way Midnight. Or Skor bars.

Wait, what was the question?

Our elementary school has trunk or treat tonight so I'm looking forward to starting to steal, commandeer, SHARE TAX my kids halloween candy this weekend.

Oh, man. I forgot Take 5 and Skor. That would be a perfect Halloween trick-or-treat bucket. Take 5, Skor, Reeses' pumpkins, and Almond Joy.

And there is a candy tax. That's how life works.
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Candy season... drool...
  • IAparent
    IAparent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Tootsie Rolls, but I also love Reeses PB Cups, and Dots. But I wouldn't turn away Snickers or Milky ways either. I suppose I said that you either love TR or hate them because I've gotten so many people who do the "You like those? I throw those away!" kind of reactions. :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My husband always insists that we buy the 'good candy.' No child's play value bag for us! Last year we were handing out full size candy bars. We spend a fortune on Halloween candy!
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My husband always insists that we buy the 'good candy.' No child's play value bag for us! Last year we were handing out full size candy bars. We spend a fortune on Halloween candy!

You guys are my favorite house.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Today I'm eating fairly well, but will probably have a snack when I get home from work. However, I'm starting off tomorrow with bacon and eggs! I love eating clean, but I definitely can't do it all the time. I need treats every now and then :)
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite Halloween candy is mini Heath bars. Preferably chopped up and sprinkled over coffee ice cream.
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, just saw this thread and posted something like it in another. I don't eat clean all the time, but focus on keeping my calories in line. I do realize though its difficult to get enough to eat if I treat myself TOO much. add me.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I don't do Halloween (beyond put a shopping bag full of lollypops on my doorknob and turn out the lights; kids in my neighborhood usually trick-or-treat with their parents and respect the 'take one and leave the rest for everyone else' rule), but I'm stocking up for Purim. That's a Jewish holiday where the tradition is to go from house to house and GIVE baskets of goodies. It's not until Feb/March, but I start buying non-perishables like teas and jams the preceding April. At this time of year, I'm buying hard candies and other things that won't be dried out in five months. I start with chocolate around November. Soft candies the month before. Add hamentaschen (triangular filled cookies or pastries traditionally with a prune or poppyseed filling, but jam fillings are common too. I've seen chocolate, date, and honey-nut fillings as well) and oranges the week before and I'm good.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Now I want hamentaschen.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    Now I want hamentaschen.

Same! Those sound mouth droolingly good!
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I definitely fit in this arena from time to time. It's all about moderation & Cal in vs. Cal burned. Good to eat clean when you can, but I believe in "cheat" days too, where one can have what they want. If you start banning foods, it makes the whole process that much more difficult.
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    I definitely fit in this arena from time to time. It's all about moderation & Cal in vs. Cal burned. Good to eat clean when you can, but I believe in "cheat" days too, where one can have what they want. If you start banning foods, it makes the whole process that much more difficult.

Well see... I don't believe in cheat days. I believe in learning to fit those things you love into your day, just not all of them all the time.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That poptart thread has me plotting. The problem is, I only want smores pop tarts and I don't want to buy a whole box (because a box is a serving, no matter what). I want to find smores pop tarts in the stand-alone two packs. Until then, I am pop tart free. Although, chocolate with chocolate frosting pop tart would be yum, too. I don't care much for the fruit flavors.

I like pop tarts.
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    That poptart thread has me plotting. The problem is, I only want smores pop tarts and I don't want to buy a whole box (because a box is a serving, no matter what). I want to find smores pop tarts in the stand-alone two packs. Until then, I am pop tart free. Although, chocolate with chocolate frosting pop tart would be yum, too. I don't care much for the fruit flavors.

I like pop tarts.

I consider myself lucky. I have to drive over to France to buy poptarts. That's 1.5 hours driving and the trafic just plain sucks since it's only a small road used by lots of people. The route with an interstate would add another 2 hours to the trip as I'd first have to drive down to Geneva then up to Pontarlier again...

Because yes... 1 box = 1 serving :tongue:
  • amberghays
    amberghays Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I realize that this thread is a few months old, but I am eating whatever I want as long as I have enough calories to do so.