Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• IAparent
    IAparent Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Go to the top of the thread page, click on the star and turn it yellow. Then you get notified whenever anyone posts in the thread.

Thank you!

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Go to the top of the thread page, click on the star and turn it yellow. Then you get notified whenever anyone posts in the thread.

<<semi-private joke>>
    Guess one thread I have done that with. Go on, guess.
    <</semi-private joke>>

If I keep posting kitten pics will you unstar it? Because that could solve all your problems!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I swing around a bit. I tend to be a creature of habit when it comes to my evening meals, other than Saturday when I eat out or get in Chinese food. My usual evening meal is chicken breast, baby new potatoes or some sort of root vegetable mash, 1/2 - 3/4 Ib steamed vegetables and a hard boiled duck egg, followed by an apple and a mix of Greek yoghurt, quark, pb2 and nuts & seeds.

However, I have these breakfast biscuits right at bedtime and a fibre one brownie. Those have become part of my routine and will stay until I get bored and change or omit them.

Sometimes, I have a jam doughnut if I wake up in the night and have some in. I seem to be having a jam doughnut craving phase the last few weeks.

Today, I broke my usual weekday regime when they served fruit crumble and custard at my voluntary lunch work I do. Usually I am the only one there who does not eat the meal (usually homemade) but today, I caved. I was very hungry and my willpower only stretches so far, lol. I did, for some months back in 2013, eat a very 'clean' diet but that just led to binge eating eventually. I just love cake too much to cut it out.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    These somehow jumped into my grocery basket and came home with me. What to do, what to do?
    6dwd9535vpe7.jpg

I'm not a cookie butter fan, but I do want to try one of those. Just one, though, in case I don't like them. So I can't justify buying a whole package.

I lurve cookie butter! I actually have a jar cookie butter chocolate swirl that's expired *gasp* It's just too much, even for me. Guess I'm a purist!

I think it's the gritty texture. I just can't get past it.

Wait, gritty texture? The cookie butter I buy is practically like eating pudding, it's that smooth! What brand did you try?
  • pinuplove
    Options
    These somehow jumped into my grocery basket and came home with me. What to do, what to do?
    6dwd9535vpe7.jpg

I'm not a cookie butter fan, but I do want to try one of those. Just one, though, in case I don't like them. So I can't justify buying a whole package.

I lurve cookie butter! I actually have a jar cookie butter chocolate swirl that's expired *gasp* It's just too much, even for me. Guess I'm a purist!

Wait, gritty texture? The cookie butter I buy is practically like eating pudding, it's that smooth! What brand did you try?

Trader Joe's cookie butter is kind of sandy sugary gritty. I like that part though!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    6dwd9535vpe7.jpg

Trader Joe's cookie butter is kind of sandy sugary gritty. I like that part though!

I don't think I'd enjoy that, myself. :D I got a brand of peanut butter that had that gritty texture and I just can't eat it. @quiksylver296 if you can find it, I'd advise you to try the original Lotus brand before giving up on cookie butter! But then again... You might do what I've done and eat the whole jar like it's a pudding cup. :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

<<semi-private joke>>
    <</semi-private joke>>

If I keep posting kitten pics will you unstar it? Because that could solve all your problems!

@pinuplove

You asked for it. More puppy pics coming there.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

<<semi-private joke>>
    <</semi-private joke>>

@pinuplove

You asked for it. More puppy pics coming there.

Ooooo please! Puppy pictures are nice!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    For a moment I thought you were giving out Oreos, Twix and Mexican food for trick or treat! I want tacos for trick or treat!

Hahah! Nope, the tacos aren't getting shared with anyone :D

• fneff58
    fneff58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just coming back now to MFP after being AOL for years. Doctor wants me on a Mediterranean diet but there is not a chance in .... I will cut back on some processed food and I love veggies and fruit so no worries there, but fish, um, no and nuts I can't process well, don't do olives either so bye, bye Mediterranean! I'll log food on MFP and in a few weeks stop depriving myself of the foods I want (just hoping to kickstart the first few weeks). It's all in portion control, right? And who ever makes the Thai soup, please share the recipe. It sounds amazing!
  • tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am the same...As long as it fits in my macros, I am golden. Had an unbelievable Bear claw stuffed with apples and cinnamon this weekend. Most nights I have to eat ice cream, chocolate, and jello to finish of my macros...Love it
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    fneff58 wrote: »
    And who ever makes the Thai soup, please share the recipe. It sounds amazing!

http://www.fortysomething.ca/2010/09/wicked_thai_chicken_soup.php

I put way more curry paste and sriracha in mine than the recipe calls for. Also not sure how they get 4 servings out of the recipe. I get 9-10 lunch sized bowls out of it.

• Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    tracymegan wrote: »
    I am the same...As long as it fits in my macros, I am golden. Had an unbelievable Bear claw stuffed with apples and cinnamon this weekend. Most nights I have to eat ice cream, chocolate, and jello to finish of my macros...Love it

Bear claw????
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Spiderpug wrote: »
    tracymegan wrote: »

Bear claw????

A bear claw is a pastry/donut thing
  • IAparent
    Options
    My biggest "hurdle" right now is that I have realized that I bloat less and feel a little better when I am careful with the added sugars, but when I need some extra calories in a day, or am feeling snackish... the sweet is what I always want. Trying to retrain my brain without totally giving things up. I need to find my sweet spot... no pun intended. Just as I was getting used to nuts as a calorie filler, I had a temporary crown put in and was told to not eat them for 2 weeks. One more week and I can have some nuts and trail mix again!

Also, bear claws are so yummy!
  • IAparent
    edited October 2017
    Options
    P.S. since my post is still the last one. Just to be clear, I am not about giving up sugar or that it's the devil. I just have noticed that I feel better while being more careful. To be sure, I am eyeing that Halloween candy that is downstairs and already plotting how I can still eat the home made peanut butter Buckeye candy, and spritz cookies, that we start making between Thanksgiving and Christmas. <3<3 those things. I just need to figure out how much I can have before I feel blah and bloat-y. ;)
  • pinuplove
    Options
    All I can think about today is ice cream. The real kind, delightfully decadent, full of sugar, and coated in chocolate. :yum: Not Halo Top :grimace:
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Add me. Is craving junk counts?
  • SBHWeav
    SBHWeav Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh me, oh my! I am ADDICTED to Andy Capp's Hot Fries. Like.. A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D. :lol: 410 Calories for 3 delicious ounces. I'm also a sucker for a Whopper with cheese from Burger King. But I love broccoli and chicken and salad and shrimp.

Unfortunately, I just got bloodwork results back telling me that my bad cholesterol is a bit high and my good cholesterol is a bit low. Soooo I do need to cut back on the junk a bit more.