Gym Hogs Vent

Options
123457»

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Killing me comptonelize, absolutely killing me.... :)

If I had an *kitten* to look at I would admire myself too JoRocka, but the gym mirror does not go down low enough to capture the full vertical image. So as a temporary measure I am going to get an *kitten*-bra to tuck that baby up into a respectable looking body part. Maybe then I can start wearing shorts instead of the spacesuit pants I have had to wear.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thank you CSARdiver, I am going to enroll in a class on my communication skills and will meet with a shrink to work on my passive aggressive behavior. Actually I dropped in on a 'behavior modification class' yesterday but they referred me to the K-9 boot camp since I was beyond their ability to repair.

I thought this journey would only help me fit better into my clothes, I never thought it would branch out into so many self-help areas that I did not know that I was so deficient in. We are 'never to old to improve ourselves' will be my new motto.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    lol....this forum never changes.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Killing me comptonelize, absolutely killing me.... :)

If I had an *kitten* to look at I would admire myself too JoRocka, but the gym mirror does not go down low enough to capture the full vertical image. So as a temporary measure I am going to get an *kitten*-bra to tuck that baby up into a respectable looking body part. Maybe then I can start wearing shorts instead of the spacesuit pants I have had to wear.

Just stand on the bench- it'll be easier and more efficient- that way more people can watch you and admire from afar.

If you need the butt bustier- use that also- but please do stand on the bench.

Also need to know how the job of spotting and floor replacement goes- please report back stat.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    If I just stand on the bench then my new Polar Loop, which I am still trying to figure out, might give me another 'inactivity badge' (at first I felt the same thrill that I think you felt when you learned you were getting your "Gold Sticker" till I learned my new badge is not a thing to be proud of). Butt that is a good strategy so I don't get a carpet burn.

As far as the butt bustier, I think I need to get that one approved by my wife first, she might start worrying what I am doing when I go to the gym. Sounds like something she might like me wearing at home.....I will look into the 'Stars & Stripes' motif. If Meat lets me take a selfie while I am spotting him, I will post it this evening when I report back on my spotting progress.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos, that was not me who commented in-between your last two comments. Will you now be going back months and years through the old threads to pull out old comments that I have made to comment on in this thread? I don't think that would be very constructive to our members. But help yourself if this helps you feel better.

I have no idea what you're even referring to. I quoted the posts I was responding to. I haven't gone digging for anything.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    There is not sense in me trying to explain that then.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The way I see it, there are three options in such a situation:

1) Wait for him to get done.

2) Ask to work in.

3) Do an alternate exercise. Go do incline DB press, use one of the machines (we have machines which simulate incline press), dips, flat bench, flyes, pec deck machine, TRX straps, etc. There are alternate exercises for just about any movement you can think of and the world isn't going to end because you did flyes or flat bench instead of inclines for one workout, nor are all your muscles going to fall off.

4) Enroll at Planet Fitness,apparently. :)

But what if some mean person is hogging the 10 pound dumbbells?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    We did our best to work around and wait, but it's just inconsiderate honestly. When the gym is that packed, you shouldn't spend that much time, sitting on a bench, especially if people are waiting.

How does the guy know you're waiting if you don't ask to work in?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Thank you CSARdiver, I am going to enroll in a class on my communication skills and will meet with a shrink to work on my passive aggressive behavior. Actually I dropped in on a 'behavior modification class' yesterday but they referred me to the K-9 boot camp since I was beyond their ability to repair.

I thought this journey would only help me fit better into my clothes, I never thought it would branch out into so many self-help areas that I did not know that I was so deficient in. We are 'never to old to improve ourselves' will be my new motto.

Not speaking to you personally on this, just speaking in general.

Speaking as someone who has never passed my psyche eval my advice, like all advice, needs to be verified prior to implementation.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

2) Ask to work in.

3) Do an alternate exercise. Go do incline DB press, use one of the machines (we have machines which simulate incline press), dips, flat bench, flyes, pec deck machine, TRX straps, etc. There are alternate exercises for just about any movement you can think of and the world isn't going to end because you did flyes or flat bench instead of inclines for one workout, nor are all your muscles going to fall off.

Do something that causes him to drop them.

That will surely set off the Lunk Alarm. ;)
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great to hear that the gym is such a wonderful place. I have been going to the gym for over 25 years and that has not always been the experience for me. In fact whenever I travel I research free weekly gym passes and call the gym to make sure they are accepting them. So indeed, I have been to quite a few. Maybe I am living in an alternate universe. The most I've ever gotten is a "I'm working here right now" but to each is own and good for you guys. I joined a small gym in my town (fit for life) so I would get to know people and so far it has been great. I can only speak from my own experiences with gym life.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Luckily our gym has a lot of 'classes' of varying types, including classes for senior citizens (yes, a/my Gold's Gym caters to the elderly, thank God). So, I guess that is why we have possibly what appears to be an over supply of 2.5, 5 and 10 pound dumbbells.

Packerjohn, I am glad you raised that point, since I think my new strategy will be to get the schedule of when the 'blue hair mini busses' are scheduled to arrive, since I think most MeatHeads know in advance to avoid the gym during those hours. Being close to 'blue hair' age myself, I might actually fit in quite well. Plus, the blue hairs don't seem to be into taking selfies, posing in the mirror after their sets, and doing 6 sets on each station. They want to get their calorie burn in so that they can get to their Luby's 4:30pm Luanne Platter.

I have never colored my hair, so maybe adding a blue tint might cause the MeatHeads to start leaving the gym when I arrive for fear that I am just the first one 'off the bus'.

JoRocka, I was sporting the butt bustier in style last night. I found a few phone numbers had actually been slipped into the little change pocket that is on the back of it...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

2) Ask to work in.

Do something that causes him to drop them.

That will surely set off the Lunk Alarm. ;)

I don't think 10s are heavy enough to set it off unless you drop them from the ceiling.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Let's be kind to our fellow citizens who are trying to get their workouts in. Communicate with them if they are being annoying, they probably do not realize what they are doing. Make the world a better place. Live in harmony.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

2) Ask to work in.

Pants him.