February Fitness Challenges

Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I've been a bit MIA, but still doing my work!

Day 1: DONE (10x 10 sec planks + 10x 1 push-up if you squint it was a push up)
    Day 2: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 3: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 4: DONE (2x 30sec side planks + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 5: REST
    Day 6: DONE (2x30sec side planks + 5 x 2 push-ups)
    Day 7: DONE (2×10sec planks on fitness ball + 5x2 push-ups + 1hour personal training)
    Day 8: DONE (2x 30sec mountaineer + 10x1 push-up... still feeling dead from yesterday and face planting is sooooo elegant)
    Day 9: DONE (2x 20sec planks on fitness ball + 10x 1 push-up + 1 hour gym; same program as Tuesday...)
    Day 10: REST
    Day 11: REST (cleaning house. I did over 13K steps just within the house...)
    Day 12: REST (more cleaning. Good news is I caught up on the cleaning challenge in 2 days. Again, over 13K steps)
    Day 13: DONE (2x 30 sec planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3! push ups)
    Day 14: DONE (2x 10 side bridges (!) + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3))
    Day 15: REST
    Day 16: does falling asleep on the couch count? :tongue:
    Day 17: DONE (2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3)
    Day 18: DONE (8x Inchworm + 2x 60 second planks on fitness ball as catch up for day 16 + 20 push-ups in random sets of 1-3 - it was Saturday... I actually had time between loads of laundry :tongue:)
    Day 19: DONE (2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups in random sets of 1-3)
    Day 20: REST
    Day 21: DONE (1 hour fitness training, including 2x 8 Inchworm, 2x 10 bench press (20kg), 2x 15 squats with added press-up (20kg). No push-ups today)
    Day 22: DONE (DOMS be damned!!!! 2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups in random sets of 1-3 1 60 minutes walking to give my DOMS some movements)

Considering how much I can do during weight training, it frustrates me that I can't seem to get beyond 3 push-ups in a row. I would have figured that reaching 10 within a month should be feasible, but I guess I'll need to work on my upper body strength a whole lot more.

It's actually weird how obsessed I'm getting with getting those 10 (and I mean regular, not modified ones) in a row when in the grand scheme of things they have little impact on anything except my pride. I might have to swallow it and give it a go with modified ones to start with... But that will be part of my challenge next month. I'll stick this month out with the usual.

On another note: I'm slowly falling in love with my legs. :heart: I'm starting to see definition where before there was only flab. It's like they suddenly decided to tighten up and reveal all the hard work I've been doing these past 4 years! Same with my tummy. On the sides (obliques) there's a hint of something appearing underneath the flab. I'm even more excited on dropping the weight now than before where I had a uniform covering of flab and couldn't really see the changes on myself, only in how clothes fit and scale changed. I'm actually thinking I might rock that bikini (which I don't yet own) at the pool this summer! Can't decide what type to buy, but I'll probably go sporty to have that added support to my twin arguments!

Hihi. Sorry for the long ramble. :smiley:
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Spent yesterday in the hospital. The rest of my week will be very light. Know I'm here, rooting for all of you! I'll be back on track next week.

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME! Keep up the amazing work!

Oh dear! I hope it's nothing serious! Do take care of yourself!

*hugs*
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    A little motivation for your week . . .

xwfqvq9wlcu7.jpg

GO GET YOUR GOALS!!!

Totally love this!

(and totally sent it to by best friend for motivation :tongue: )
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    Thanks ladyreva78.i just found the bridge, and thanks for all the encouraging words.
    Day 20 is fixing to be done.

Always a pleasure!

You're doing amazingly well! It takes time and persistence, but the end results are so worth it!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    On another note: I'm slowly falling in love with my legs. :heart: I'm starting to see definition where before there was only flab. It's like they suddenly decided to tighten up and reveal all the hard work I've been doing these past 4 years! Same with my tummy. On the sides (obliques) there's a hint of something appearing underneath the flab. I'm even more excited on dropping the weight now than before where I had a uniform covering of flab and couldn't really see the changes on myself, only in how clothes fit and scale changed. I'm actually thinking I might rock that bikini (which I don't yet own) at the pool this summer! Can't decide what type to buy, but I'll probably go sporty to have that added support to my twin arguments!

Hihi. Sorry for the long ramble. :smiley:

I'm so happy for you!!! There's nothing like SEEING your hard work pay off! It's just another reminder to NEVER STOP; KEEP GOING; even when we fall off a bit, GET BACK UP! The work we do is so worth it. We are creating our healthier, happier selves!

Happy Thursday!

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Great nsv @ladyreva78!!

Day 23 done.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Had to lay off the side planks due to my shoulders :(
    -1x 30 sit-ups
    -1x 30 Russian Twist 10lb DB
    -1x 30 Bicycle Crunch
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -2x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 4ct Mountain Climbers
    -1x 30 4ct Jumping Jacks
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    -1x 30 Burpees
    -3x 30 Push-ups
    -4x 10 Chin-ups
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    Feb 1: Done
    Feb 2: Done
    Feb 3: Done
    Feb 4: Zip
    Feb 5: Done
    Feb 6: Done
    Feb 7: Done
    Feb 8: Done
    Feb 9: Rest Day
    Feb 10: Did some, but not enough for me to count it.
    Feb 11: Zip
    Feb 12: Zip
    Feb 13: Done
    Feb 14: Done
    Feb 15: Done
    Feb 16: Done
    Feb 17: Done
    Feb 18: Zip
    Feb 19: Zip
    Feb 20: Done
    Feb 21: Done
    Feb 22: Done
    Feb 23: Done
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,627 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just realized there's only a week left of February. I'm looking forward to seeing how many inches I've lost.
    Yesterday my husband after putting his hand on my leg ,while setting beside me, said to me, your leg feels tighter then it usually does. Plus he can see a difference in how I look, he's also brags to others how proud of me of how persistent I am.
    I am 5'2 and 298 lb. So it isn't always easy to do them, but I have done them everyday, at first modified, now am proud I can do more. Still modified on the push ups. And not able to do as many as is stated to do. But I keep adding and push myself. I've always been a determined person. My mom while she was here this past weekend, even said she could see a difference and was proud of me.
    well today exercises are about to be done have a great day everyone
  • alipsie19
    Options
    But I keep adding and push myself. I've always been a determined person.
    You're doing fantastic!!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 298 lb. So it isn't always easy to do them, but I have done them everyday, at first modified, now am proud I can do more. Still modified on the push ups. And not able to do as many as is stated to do. But I keep adding and push myself. I've always been a determined person. My mom while she was here this past weekend, even said she could see a difference and was proud of me.

You ROCK!!!

• Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Day 24 Love handles, fab abs and rake challenge done!

Happy Friday guys!!!
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Day 1: DONE (10x 10 sec planks + 10x 1 push-up if you squint it was a push up)
    Day 2: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 3: DONE (1x 60sec side plank + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 4: DONE (2x 30sec side planks + 10x 1 push-up)
    Day 5: REST
    Day 6: DONE (2x30sec side planks + 5 x 2 push-ups)
    Day 7: DONE (2×10sec planks on fitness ball + 5x2 push-ups + 1hour personal training)
    Day 8: DONE (2x 30sec mountaineer + 10x1 push-up... still feeling dead from yesterday and face planting is sooooo elegant)
    Day 9: DONE (2x 20sec planks on fitness ball + 10x 1 push-up + 1 hour gym; same program as Tuesday...)
    Day 10: REST
    Day 11: REST (cleaning house. I did over 13K steps just within the house...)
    Day 12: REST (more cleaning. Good news is I caught up on the cleaning challenge in 2 days. Again, over 13K steps)
    Day 13: DONE (2x 30 sec planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3! push ups)
    Day 14: DONE (2x 10 side bridges (!) + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3))
    Day 15: REST
    Day 16: does falling asleep on the couch count? :tongue:
    Day 17: DONE (2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups (random sets of 1-3)
    Day 18: DONE (8x Inchworm + 2x 60 second planks on fitness ball as catch up for day 16 + 20 push-ups in random sets of 1-3 - it was Saturday... I actually had time between loads of laundry :tongue:)
    Day 19: DONE (2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups in random sets of 1-3)
    Day 20: REST
    Day 21: DONE (1 hour fitness training, including 2x 8 Inchworm, 2x 10 bench press (20kg), 2x 15 squats with added press-up (20kg). No push-ups today)
    Day 22: DONE (DOMS be damned!!!! 2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups in random sets of 1-3 1 60 minutes walking to give my DOMS some movements)
    Day 23: DONE (2x 60 second planks on fitness ball + 10 push-ups in random sets of 1-3)
    Day 24: (going to the gym after work :wink: )
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Wow, I just realized there's only a week left of February. I'm looking forward to seeing how many inches I've lost.
    Yesterday my husband after putting his hand on my leg ,while setting beside me, said to me, your leg feels tighter then it usually does. Plus he can see a difference in how I look, he's also brags to others how proud of me of how persistent I am.

I think we're all as curious as you are to know your final result!

No matter what, that's amazing work you've been doing!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    -1x 30 Crunch
    -1x 2:00 Elbow Plank
    -1x 30 Supermans
    -1x 30/side Windmills
    10min Yoga (Sun Salutations)
    Feb 1: Done
    Feb 2: Done
    Feb 3: Done
    Feb 4: Zip
    Feb 5: Done
    Feb 6: Done
    Feb 7: Done
    Feb 8: Done
    Feb 9: Rest Day
    Feb 10: Not enough for me to count it.
    Feb 11: Zip
    Feb 12: Zip
    Feb 13: Done
    Feb 14: Done
    Feb 15: Done
    Feb 16: Done
    Feb 17: Done
    Feb 18: Zip
    Feb 19: Zip
    Feb 20: Done
    Feb 21: Done
    Feb 22: Done
    Feb 23: Done
    Feb 24: Not enough for me to count it.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,076 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Ab Challenge
    Day 1 completed ✅
    Day 2 completed ✅
    Day 3 completed ✅
    Day 4 completed ✅
    Day 5 rest
    Day 6 completed ✅
    Day 7 completed ✅
    Day 8 completed ✅
    Day 9 completed ✅
    Day 10 rest
    Day 11 completed ✅
    Day 12 completed ✅
    Day 13 completed ✅
    Day 14 completed ✅
    Day 15 rest
    Day 16 completed ✅
    Day 17 completed ✅
    Day 18 completed ✅
    Day 19 completed ✅
    Day 20 rest
    Day 21 completed ✅
    Day 22 completed ✅
    Day 23 completed ✅
    Day 24 completed ✅
    Day 25 rest
    Day 26
    Day 27
    Day 28
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Not sure when I last posted...but I'm still working on the Fab February challenge. I've now completed up to Day 22, so only a little behind at this point. Of course, I don't think 30 day challenges are really meant to be done in one day, but I did do a massive catch up workout today (Day 9-22) by completing 125 Sit Ups, 125 Jumping Jacks, 125 Back Extensions, 125 Side Crunches, 280 Mountain Climbers. (Felt like I was back in the military with that kind of workout). Worked on them in 5 sets throughout the day. Going to be paying for it tomorrow...we'll see if can even move when I wake up.