Options
    C-12
    F-108
    P-76

Taco in a bowl....my fave!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great job on finding some yummy recipes and making your transition in to ketosis, Ladies !
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Today was a really good day. I definitely have to pick up the sticks to see if I am in ketosis. Do they sell them at Walmart? So far no side effects. I have a lot more energy and really do not miss carbs. I love not eating processed foods. They caused so much inflammation and fatigue. I definitely want to try the frittata recipe and fat bomb recipes.

Great to hear! The sticks can be bought at any pharmacy in any store that has a pharmacy. Usually behind the counter with diabetic supplies.

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    C-12
    F-108
    P-76

Taco in a bowl....my fave!

Sounds delicious! How do you make yours? Thanks for the help!

Mary
  • ideliver
    ideliver Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    gyp5012 wrote: »
    When you first started, did you throw out all high carb foods? I want to try Keto but I don't want to waste the food I already have.

I am doing keto alone but my partner and kids are not. Everyone benefits from fewer sweets and some low carb substitutions, so I left the carbs alone. I also hate food waste!

I would save your cheats and oopsies for eating out, where it is way harder to stay on track, so try your best not to fall off the wagon at home. It also depends on whether this is a diet or lifestyle change for good.

Good luck!
  • pwrfl1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Great recipe Karen ! I've seen where a lot of people like to split this into two halves and toast it lightly....like and English muffin.

I also will cook a couple of scrambled eggs this way, when it comes out of the mug, split it half and put sliced cheese and cooked Canadian bacon or reg bacon in the middle. Wrap in parchment or waxed paper for a keto egg mcmuffin on the go, or use the the muffin recipe for the bread portion of this sandwich...3 minutes and you're basically out the door!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I actually like to add some butter or coconut oil, or butter the inside of the cup, and I don't find that I need the sweetener, especially if I use coconut oil. I like some of the savory options, too. Great idea about the keto egg mcmuffin!

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Day three! I hope everyone feels as though they are having success! I know from the keto sticks that I am in ketosis. I read that if you are going low-carb and eating the sufficient amount of fat you should be in ketosis within two days. Really no reason to get the stick but that is up to you.

ideliver - thanks for the information and insight! It is so nice to have people on here that are experienced!

Karen- thanks so much for that muffin recipe. I love muffins! I will definitely have to try this.

pwrfl1 - I like your egg muffin idea! Now I am hungry!

Thanks everyone for the sharing of recipes and valuable information! We make such an awesome team!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    So far since Sunday I have dropped 2.6 pounds! This type of eating melts my fat quickly! Good luck everyone! Hopefully everyone is having great success!

Mary
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    day 3 , I am also in ketosis, already lost the appetite I think it's a good sign :smile:
    Wishing you all good luck!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have drop a total of 3.2 pounds since starting last Tuesday. I awoke this morning to another 1.2 lbs loss.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    I have drop a total of 3.2 pounds since starting last Tuesday. I awoke this morning to another 1.2 lbs loss.

Congratulations! You are doing awesome. It is amazing how the fat just melts away!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pessxx wrote: »
    day 3 , I am also in ketosis, already lost the appetite I think it's a good sign :smile:
    Wishing you all good luck!

Awesome! You are going to be so happy!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It was brought to my attention that most likely the first couple days of any weight-loss is water weight. Which is because we are burning up our glucose storage first which is made up of a significant amount of water. Those glucose cells are gone and eliminated from your body and you should not worry about regaining the weight unless after this you go back into an over abundance of carbs and processed foods. After the initial loss of water from the glucose reserve you will be in fat burning mode! Here's an interesting article that explains the process.

http://ketogeniclifestyle.com/water-weight-and-fluid-management/

Remember to have your salt shaker ready to keep your electrolytes balanced.

Mary
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    All the recipes, motivation and articles are very helpful! :) I'm doing well. Really LOVING bulletproof coffee!! So delicious. I can really tell a difference in how I feel with the increase in fat from when I did just low carb. I wish I had known then to focus more on the fat vs the protein. I tried these chili hand pies for the Superbowl and everyone loved them, even the non-keto guests! ;)

http://ketogasm.com/low-carb-hand-pies-stuffed-chili-recipe/
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ~ day.. 3 I like reading all the helpful tips, recipes and successes... please kept them coming!!!

I have lost .8 lbs so far. 1- 2lbs a week would be perfect. I have dramaticly reduced junkie carbs.. which is my ~main need. I can't beleive I am actually full and can't finish what I have logged in. So far so good.. :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kilika- thanks for that recipe! I am definitely going to make these. It seems as though you can add just about anything to the inside that you would like! I might try them with my fajita chicken and cream cheese!

Today I am making prime rib wrapped brussels sprouts! Very delicious and spot on for this diet!

Thinly sliced prime rib 2oz
    Five stocks of asparagus
    Whipped cream cheese 2 tbls
    Extra-virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon
    Sea salt

1. Using a knife spread whipped cream cheese onto the slices of prime rib.
    2. Place asparagus in olive oil to coat.
    4. Wrap each asparagus stalk with prime rib.
    5. Sprinkle with sea salt.
    6. Place on cookie sheet.
    7. Bake at 400° for 10–15 minutes.

Mary
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Looks yummy Mary! Proscutio and bacon makes great wraps around asparagus and green beans for more of a side dish.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pwrfl1 - that sounds yummy!