Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Great job BeLLe!! Best feeling in the world is when those jeans just glide on ! Congrats !!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Great job BeLLe!! Best feeling in the world is when those jeans just glide on ! Congrats !!

It sure is!!! :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I hope everyone survived yesterday! I was so tempted to have a bite of a frosted sugar cookie heart! I came away unscathed! If you happen to have fallen off the wagon a little bit yesterday don't worry about it! Just climb back on. Our bodies should be able to go into and out of fat burning and carb burning mode. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mary
  • ShamanDiva
    ShamanDiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Keto friends, I switched from LC to Keto this week and today got stuck on my macro's...My protein is much higher. What can I eat to bring up my fat? My fiber and carbs are on track. HELP...
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    My personal favourites: coconut oil, whipped cream, duck roasted,goat cheese, avocado
  • azsundancer
    Options
    ShamanDiva wrote: »
    Hello Keto friends, I switched from LC to Keto this week and today got stuck on my macro's...My protein is much higher. What can I eat to bring up my fat? My fiber and carbs are on track. HELP...

Like pessxx.. My fav lately is a whole avacado with a TBS of mayo mixed. Super creamy and yummy!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies! I hope everyone survived yesterday! I was so tempted to have a bite of a frosted sugar cookie heart! I came away unscathed! If you happen to have fallen off the wagon a little bit yesterday don't worry about it! Just climb back on. Our bodies should be able to go into and out of fat burning and carb burning mode. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mary

Yaaayy.. You know 1 leads to more!
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ShamanDiva wrote: »

I love bacon! 73% fat 23% protein. I also cook with extra olive oil and butter. Queen stuffed olives are fantastic! Fat bombs are awesome! I use whipped cream cheese, roll into balls, chill to solidify then roll in a little cocoa powder or unsweetened jello, you can add stevia to sweeten the cocoa powder. I bought 72% cacao chocolate to melt to roll my next batch in. Several recipes on here are awesome!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Congratulations everyone we are over halfway done with this challenge! My husband and I have been talking about continuing this way of eating at least through the end of May. That would give us opportunity to get our menu planning perfected. There are so many great recipe books out there that I would like to try. I don't have a lot of time at this point but my husband's schedule should loosen up and make it easier to have time to cook. Right now we are looking at being on the road three out of seven days for the next month.

Mary
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I plan also to continue this WOE till I will get my goal, good luck to you and your husband and good luck to all also this week!
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This recipe is really easy and I'm sure delicious. I had to share :) Who doesn't love a BLT?!

http://dlsh.it/yGGDPjR
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pessxx- Good for you! I really think that this is a great WOE.

Kilika - thanks for that recipe! That would definitely be my husband's favorite! I think I will surprise him one of these nights!

I made my whipped cream cheese fat bomb with the 72% Cacao and a teaspoon of butter. I used Ghirardelli chocolate. They taste delicious! Almost like real candy! The key is to take a teaspoon of the whip cream cheese and freeze to set so it is rollable. I don't like the dense cream cheese. Then after I rolled them in the chocolate I put them back in the freezer to solidify it. Delicious! Less than 100 cal for two fat bombs!

Mary
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am really loving this way of eating! I don't know about any of you but I feel that this is a lot of food to eat. By the time I finished all of my calories yesterday I thought that I would wake up with a large gain this morning! However I dropped .6 pounds! I am averaging over 2 pounds a week loss. I can really see my muscle definition emerging and the fat melting away! I can hardly wait to take my measurements next week.

I hope everyone is having great success!

Mary
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    pessxx- Good for you! I really think that this is a great WOE.

Kilika - thanks for that recipe! That would definitely be my husband's favorite! I think I will surprise him one of these nights!

I made my whipped cream cheese fat bomb with the 72% Cacao and a teaspoon of butter. I used Ghirardelli chocolate. They taste delicious! Almost like real candy! The key is to take a teaspoon of the whip cream cheese and freeze to set so it is rollable. I don't like the dense cream cheese. Then after I rolled them in the chocolate I put them back in the freezer to solidify it. Delicious! Less than 100 cal for two fat bombs!

Mary

These sound awesome Mary! I'm going to try some this weekend!
  • azsundancer
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Yes .. I am hungry sometimes.. but at other times I overload on my food logging and cant finish what Ive listed. While I only lost .2 lbs this week .. I am feeling better and my DH agrees my face looks thinner. :)

Next week I am being super diligent with getting my water in!!!!

@fanncy0626 Great loss this week and I am making those FB's!!!

~ Happy Friday ~
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone we are over halfway done with this challenge! My husband and I have been talking about continuing this way of eating at least through the end of May. That would give us opportunity to get our menu planning perfected. There are so many great recipe books out there that I would like to try. I don't have a lot of time at this point but my husband's schedule should loosen up and make it easier to have time to cook. Right now we are looking at being on the road three out of seven days for the next month.

Mary

Mary, I awoke this morning with the same mindset. I've messed up badly due to a chaotic sick household but today is a new day. I made the decision to continue this way of eating until May when the other challenge ends.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kilika - if you are planning on making the fat bombs this is what my husband thought of them!

Fat bombs just a taste warning! My husband thought that my fat bombs were two bitter for him. I suggest that you add granulated Stevia or Stevia drops to taste for the cream cheese. My husband also suggested that he might like a peppermint drop inside of the cream cheese. Or add a half a teaspoon of vanilla to the 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese. I will experiment and see what other people would like. I was not eating them for taste just for the extra fat so I actually like them the way they were! I guess the old saying is true, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

BeLLe - congratulations on the loss! And even your husband noticed!

DDHFree - you have had a rough patch with your sick child and yourself getting ran down. Being a parent is a hard job isn't it! I think a few of us on here are thinking of staying with this way of eating after. I am also thinking of experimenting with carb levels. Supposedly you can go up to higher levels going out of ketosis!

Mary
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Kilika - if you are planning on making the fat bombs this is what my husband thought of them!

Fat bombs just a taste warning! My husband thought that my fat bombs were two bitter for him. I suggest that you add granulated Stevia or Stevia drops to taste for the cream cheese. My husband also suggested that he might like a peppermint drop inside of the cream cheese. Or add a half a teaspoon of vanilla to the 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese. I will experiment and see what other people would like. I was not eating them for taste just for the extra fat so I actually like them the way they were! I guess the old saying is true, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

BeLLe - congratulations on the loss! And even your husband noticed!

DDHFree - you have had a rough patch with your sick child and yourself getting ran down. Being a parent is a hard job isn't it! I think a few of us on here are thinking of staying with this way of eating after. I am also thinking of experimenting with carb levels. Supposedly you can go up to higher levels going out of ketosis!

Mary

Thank you!!! Thanks for the ideas with the FB. I am enjoying PNB and cream cheese mixed lately.. how about that for a base, before the chcolate? It might make it sweet enough?
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    BeLLe - that sounds delicious!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Last day of week 2! I hope everyone is doing well at this change of eating style. I am excited to finish this last week strong! Thanks for all of your help and information!

Mary