Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Belle the PNB and celery is actually very filling. Sometimes I add a few drops of stevia in it -- taste so good! I got it freshly ground the other day so I added a melted tsp of coconut oil and mixed it in to soften. Soooooooooo good!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I've never made them! But now I am really really really hungry!

I make a chili reanos... casserole which is one of my absolute favorites. Stuffed chilies with MJC but is covered with egg, milk and flour... wonder if you can substitute the milk and flour for cream. I could eat the whole 8x8 in 2 sittings!

Some people call reanos ... rellenos.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Belle the PNB and celery is actually very filling. Sometimes I add a few drops of stevia in it -- taste so good! I got it freshly ground the other day so I added a melted tsp of coconut oil and mixed it in to soften. Soooooooooo good!

Thank you.. I will be having it soon with the coconut oil!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Yesterday was another successful keto day in that I remain in ketosis. However, calories have crept up a bit but I am eating until satisfied. I really hope I am able to continue to lose eating until satisfied as appose to being slightly hungry with previous diet. I am eating the calories that would normally apply toward my deficit amount. I think this will be temporary as I tend to be a little more hungry as I near that TOM. Sorry if TMI gentlemen but it's life for us ladies.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    DDHFree. Great job having another successful day! The best thing is you are listening to your body and eating accordingly. No doubt hunger will change around TOM, you've recognized this and adjusting accordingly. I think you'll find your hunger diminish as you continue on this journey. That's the beauty of this way of eating! Not to say there will be days you will be right out hungry, that happens too...just keep it keto, up the fats on those days and continue on.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    DDHFree. Great job having another successful day! The best thing is you are listening to your body and eating accordingly. No doubt hunger will change around TOM, you've recognized this and adjusting accordingly. I think you'll find your hunger diminish as you continue on this journey. That's the beauty of this way of eating! Not to say there will be days you will be right out hungry, that happens too...just keep it keto, up the fats on those days and continue on.

Thanks pwrfl1. Definitely needed some prospective on this.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Good Morning all.. Friday's are my weigh - in day, I am down 2 lbs and into a new decade, so its been a successful week. :)
  • 44scoobydoo
    44scoobydoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep the chili stuffed pie is the one I tried. Excellent! Now I wonder if I can use the pie crust recipe for pizza. It seems like it would work. So that is what I am going to try for dinner. I could even stuff them with pepperoni, peppers and mozzarella cheese like a calzone.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Yep the chili stuffed pie is the one I tried. Excellent! Now I wonder if I can use the pie crust recipe for pizza. It seems like it would work. So that is what I am going to try for dinner. I could even stuff them with pepperoni, peppers and mozzarella cheese like a calzone.

As chili is not one of my favorites.. I was wondering about filling with cheese.. but your pizza mixings sound a step better!

Lets us know how it turned out. Enjoy. :)
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Kilika735 wrote: »
    All the recipes, motivation and articles are very helpful! :) I'm doing well. Really LOVING bulletproof coffee!! So delicious. I can really tell a difference in how I feel with the increase in fat from when I did just low carb. I wish I had known then to focus more on the fat vs the protein. I tried these chili hand pies for the Superbowl and everyone loved them, even the non-keto guests! ;)

http://ketogasm.com/low-carb-hand-pies-stuffed-chili-recipe/

Looking through .. I found the recipie. Thanks @Kilika735!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Whoop! Whoop! 2 down - way to go Belle!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Thank you @pwrfl1!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Stressful time, as we have a sick newborn granddaughter, but for some reason I am highly motivated to stay on this food plan; I think it's because it makes me feel better physically so I can cope better...stayed well within my carb macros yesterday, slightly over on total calories but not by much. Very glad.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Hi ladies just checking in quick before my company arrives! I will be MIA for the weekend! It sounds like everyone is doing fantastic!BeLLe- congratulations on your loss! I'm so excited for you! I hope everybody has a great weekend I probably will be gone through Sunday. Although I will be checking back in when time permits!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Karen - Great job staying focused and on plan ! Sorry to hear about your grand daughter, I hope she gets well soon !
  • surreychic
    surreychic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I apologise if this isn't the right place for this question. I suffer from depression (small scale) and wondered if your mood has improved with a ketogenic diet? Anyone?

Thank you in advance and again, apologies if I've randomly thrown this into a thread that isn't really relevant!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    surreychic wrote: »
    Hi,
    I apologise if this isn't the right place for this question. I suffer from depression (small scale) and wondered if your mood has improved with a ketogenic diet? Anyone?

Thank you in advance and again, apologies if I've randomly thrown this into a thread that isn't really relevant!

I can only speak for my daughter that had/has severe depression. Since she cut out all processed foods and sugar she is 95% better. She doesn't do strict Keto but does most of the time. It really helped her.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @surreychic Every time I have been on a low carb diet, regardless of whether I have stayed in ketosis, my mood has improved. That's just my personal experience.

Karen in Virginia
  • azsundancer
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Ketonekaren Congratulations to you! I wish the best for your new baby granddaughter and your family. <3

Thanks.. @fanncy0626 .. hope your enjoying your family!! Have a fun weekend!

Hi @surreychic I agree with Mary .. reducing the junkie carbs would be a great start. Please join us for the remainder of the challenge! :)

I have learned there is no one way with Keto, Paleo, Primal and LCHF varieties do you veterans have cheat days? Or stick with the plan a specific number of days a week?

I woke up feeling .. drained. I felt better after having something in my stomach, but still dragging kinda.