• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    BeLLe- if you find any really good recipes let me know! I love fat bombs I eat them to ensure I get enough fat. I like the whipped cream cheese rolled in cocoa powder. I keep them in the freezer.

What do you mix with your cocoa powder?
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Karen- thanks for the great food ideas and options. The main thing I have questions about is what is your go to to get enough fat in ? I like cream cheese fat bombs. Helps with my sweet tooth. Any suggestions? Great results on your cholesterol!!

Mary

Cream cheese is so yummy! When I did this previously I ate frozen peanut butter/coconut oil/cocoa/Macadamia nut bombs. Also bulletproof coffee or tea. Now the thought is slightly nauseating, LOL! This time I am inclined to get fat from fatty fish, olive oil, avocados, salad dressing, Macadamia nuts, cream, and whole milk Greek yogurt. If I can't get enough fat that way I will do a version of bulletproof tea. Today I ate ham & cheese for breakfast, raw veggies and dip for lunch, and chicken wings and more raw veggies & dip for dinner. Drank unsweetened tea. Feeling fine. Haven't looked at my macros yet.

Karen in Virginia
    Mary Today I just used commercially available Ranch veggie dip. I like Marie's Blue Cheese Dressing (fewer carbs) and Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette (more carbs). Also Hellman's Olive Oil Mayo. Those are my favorites. Sometimes I make my own, but not usually. I make one with sour cream, lemon juice, & dill and some other herbs, which is great for making a seafood salad. I also love egg salad or deviled eggs made with cream, butter or mayo and black olives. Yum! I love coleslaw made with either Wishbone Italian or Mayo. Very satisfying crunchy chewiness. If you like eggplant, it can soak up a tremendous amount of olive oil while it cooks and it tastes very yummy when it is all browned up and saturated with olive oil. Talk about a fat bomb! 4 oz of eggplant is 3 net grams carbs, 28 calories and it acts like an olive oil sponge. If you really want it to be yummy you can dip it in egg and Parmesan before you cook it in olive oil.

I know it's going to be crucial to weigh, measure & log everything because even with a 10% carb allowance the carbs add up - there are a few carbs in dairy, a few in eggs, a few in salad dressing...and I don't want to have to give up any of my veggies, seeing as how I consider them to be my healthiest carb source.

Karen in Virginia

There are some yummy ideas .. I will use ... thanks for posting @KetoneKaren!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    BeLLe- I take a scoop of cream cheese and roll it into a ball and roll it into the cocoa powder. You can also do this with sugar free chocolate Jell-O or flavored Jell-O. I like the whipped cream cheese it's not as dense.
  • gyp5012
    gyp5012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When you first started, did you throw out all high carb foods? I want to try Keto but I don't want to waste the food I already have.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Nice ideas, thank you all!! <3
  • azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe- I take a scoop of cream cheese and roll it into a ball and roll it into the cocoa powder. You can also do this with sugar free chocolate Jell-O or flavored Jell-O. I like the whipped cream cheese it's not as dense.

Is the cocoa powder bitter?
  • azsundancer
    edited February 2017
    Options
    gyp5012 wrote: »
    When you first started, did you throw out all high carb foods? I want to try Keto but I don't want to waste the food I already have.

I am going through that also! :|
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Day 2- yay! We have such a great group of ladies here! Thank you so very much for all of the great ideas and recipes that have been shared on here. Don't worry if you are feeling a little fearful of the unknown! That happens to anything new that a person attempts for the first time. We are all here to support each other.

I have lost another .2 pounds. And I am in ketosis! This is how it went for me the last time. I would slowly lose every day. I averaged over 4 pounds per week.
    gyp5012 wrote: »
    I froze some of the high carb foods like my sweet treats! We always freeze our buns and bread anyhow. Since we very seldom eat bread. And I did have the last couple weeks where we ate them up. This is a three week challenge so you could freeze or eat only up to 20–25 g of those carbs per day and you would be within the limit.

BeLLe- I have Hershey's cocoa powder and it does not taste bitter at all it taste like chocolate.

Mary
  • pessxx
    Options
    Hi there on day 2
    Here is one of my favourite recipe
    http://www.ruled.me/bacon-crusted-frittata-muffins/
    made 7 total muffins with this recipe, each muffin being: 267.9 Calories, 20.9g Fats, 1.4g Net Carbs, and 18.7g Protein
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    pessxx- I am definitely going to try those! Thanks for the recipe!
  • pessxx
    Options
    Hope you will like it!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    :)
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much excitement here. I have been in ketosis for 5 days already. Have lost 2 lbs so far and actually loving the food. I had my first FAT BOMB about 10 minutes ago. I made them last night (1/2 c. cacoa, 1/2 c. coconut oil, 64 gm crunchy organic peanut butter, and little stevia.) OMG, I did not expect it to taste so good. Did I say how good it was!

As I've stated before, I am doing this as a vegan -- I had no problems going straight into ketosis after 24 hours and feel great. So far, no keto flu but maybe it's coming. My fats have been peanut butter, almond butter, macadamia nuts, coconut oil, avocados, and black olives. I am in heaven with these foods. I know some caution against nuts but they are working fine for me. However, I am considering doing the remainder of the diet vegetarian style as oppose to vegan. I just anticipate wanting a change from so many nuts and feel like maybe eggs will be okay. I have zero desire for meats but feel like I could be okay with eggs and creams.

I am having a hard time understanding the "not enough fat concept". I made the fat bombs but not to help me get my fats and there are PLENTY in the foods I've chosen. (I hit my 75% fat easily every day). I made the fat bombs because they freakin sounded like heaven. What I want to know is has any one had a problem with over eating them? I just want to prepare myself because I did enjoy the one that I had. I'm at work so I don't have anymore. I feel like I could easily have eaten 5 to 7 of them and they are 105 calories each. I'm just saying... or I'm just asking? LOL!
  • pessxx
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Great idea wit the fat bomb DDHfree, I will try it too :smile:
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    DDHFree- supposedly you should be able to eat without counting calories. However if you don't lose or start gaining then you may have to rein in the amount of calories you are consuming. It is suggested to eat only when hungry and stop when full. But, there are certainly some things that you can't eat just one of! Your fat bombs sound delicious! I myself usually have 1-3 of them a day. If you are OK with going vegetarian then eggs and creams are very good for this diet. Your food choices sound really good! Thanks for sharing!

Mary
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Thanks.. for your food ideas.. so many yummy food choices here.. :):):) BBL.
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    DDHFree- supposedly you should be able to eat without counting calories. However if you don't lose or start gaining then you may have to rein in the amount of calories you are consuming. It is suggested to eat only when hungry and stop when full. But, there are certainly some things that you can't eat just one of! Your fat bombs sound delicious! I myself usually have 1-3 of them a day. If you are OK with going vegetarian then eggs and creams are very good for this diet. Your food choices sound really good! Thanks for sharing!

Mary
    Mary, glad you pointed this out because you reminded me of another point that I wanted to share. So for 4 weeks prior, I'd been having to take care to only eat 1,200 calories per day in order to drop 1 lb per week. I know it's very early with this keto diet but I was pleased when I saw that I still lost 2 lbs even though I ate over my 1,200 limit one day by 138 calories and over another day by 420 calories. I only ate over on those days because I was not satisfied. If this proves to continue THEN this ALONE is so worth it to me. I can't want to see what happens as we continue. Also, I feel like I am truly burning fat mainly because my collar bones have started to show again and my pants are looser in the hips, butt, and thighs.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »

Mary
    Mary, glad you pointed this out because you reminded me of another point that I wanted to share. So for 4 weeks prior, I'd been having to take care to only eat 1,200 calories per day in order to drop 1 lb per week. I know it's very early with this keto diet but I was pleased when I saw that I still lost 2 lbs even though I ate over my 1,200 limit one day by 138 calories and over another day by 420 calories. I only ate over on those days because I was not satisfied. If this proves to continue THEN this ALONE is so worth it to me. I can't want to see what happens as we continue. Also, I feel like I am truly burning fat mainly because my collar bones have started to show again and my pants are looser in the hips, butt, and thighs.

Fantastic results! This is a great way to burn fat!
  • 44scoobydoo
    44scoobydoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today was a really good day. I definitely have to pick up the sticks to see if I am in ketosis. Do they sell them at Walmart? So far no side effects. I have a lot more energy and really do not miss carbs. I love not eating processed foods. They caused so much inflammation and fatigue. I definitely want to try the frittata recipe and fat bomb recipes.