Keto 3 Week Challenge

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    The cool thing about this way of eating is once your body is fully Fat Adapted , you will primarily be using fat for fuel, whether it's your own excess body fat or what you are ingesting. Everyone is different on how long this takes but usually with in 4-12 weeks. Once there, you can go in and out of ketosis fairly easy and your body will revert back to fat burning for fuel once the glycogen stores are used up. This is Good news for those who may want to indulge a little for various occasions but then want to maintain the good energy, clear thinking, being Fat Adapted brings.

Fat Adapted is not the same as Ketosis. You can be Fat Adapted and not in ketosis. You can be in Ketosis and not Fat Adapted , yet....
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    pwrfl1- thanks for the information. I will have to research fat adaptation. I had no idea. So glad you are here helping us through this!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! Wow... those weeks went by fast, such as life. I quit this week. I never got on a ~even keel~ with Keto. I felt great some days .. bad the next. I ate more meat than I have my whole life, still not a fan.. but I will always like the bacon. ( I never cooked it much before .. because I didn't like the mess .. now its DH job!) :) I loss a few lbs.. but gained most of it back. I am back regular :# .. if you know what I mean? Thank you @fanncy0626 and @pwrfl1 and others for sharring your experience, knowledge and always being supportive!! Keep on going .. I like to read about your successes! :)
  • risyfitforlife89
    risyfitforlife89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning keto. Help I need friend motivation
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    BeLLe. Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you, sometimes the drastic cut in carbs wreaks havoc on ones system and its hard to feel balanced. I suspect all of us go through that unbalanced feeling to some degree no matter what diet we are trying. Thank you for bringing your positiveness and up beat personality to the challenge!
  • pwrfl1
    Options

Welcome to the group! Feel free to friend me and hit me up with any questions. I've been Keto for over a year now and have lost over 90 pounds. This challenge ends this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people will remain Keto and continue to post here.
  • pwrfl1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    For those of you that will be continuing Keto or some version of Low Carb, I strongly suggest you join the Low Carb Daily Forum Group. There is multitudes of wise, knowledgeable people that are walking the walk over there. They also have a very extensive Launch Pad with tons of links to resources, past threads etc to help you on your journey . Hope to see you all in the forum !!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    BeLLe. Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you, sometimes the drastic cut in carbs wreaks havoc on ones system and its hard to feel balanced. I suspect all of us go through that unbalanced feeling to some degree no matter what diet we are trying. Thank you for bringing your positiveness and up beat personality to the challenge!

Thank you .. your support is endless!!! :)
  • azsundancer
    Options

Welcome to the group! Feel free to friend me and hit me up with any questions. I've been Keto for over a year now and have lost over 90 pounds. This challenge ends this weekend, so I'm not sure how many people will remain Keto and continue to post here.

If I haven't said before .. a 90 lbs loss ..is amazing. I have someone close that is 60 lbs down..and they have totally transformed their life for the better!!
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

. Aweee, I'm blushing !!

• azsundancer
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »

. Aweee, I'm blushing !!

L0L!! :)
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Thanks BeLLe for the compliments, yes 90 is quite an achievement, and I need to recognize and celebrate that fact more! And I agree, it IS LIFE CHANGING !
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Thanks BeLLe for the compliments, yes 90 is quite an achievement, and I need to recognize and celebrate that fact more! And I agree, it IS LIFE CHANGING !

Absolutely!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Well done Everyone ..... Its amazing to see all of your progress :)
  • fanncy0626
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks to all that have participated! This has been a great experience for me and others because of your involvement!

BeLLe- I agree that this can be rough to get into and even now I have lost a lot of my strength and stamina. I know that I will see improvements so I will soldier on. Thanks for all of your support and enthusiasm!

Pwrfl1 - I really appreciate your support through the challenge! 90 lbs is remarkable! I'm glad you are still working on this eating style. I will probably close out this thread and go to the Keto site.

Risyfitforlife89- send me a friend request. I plan on continuing with this eating style for a while!

Mary
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Mary, it's fairly typical you felt your strength go down....and it will probably be lower for a few more weeks. The good thing is, if you continue on the keto path, you will start to feel that strength burst through and gain some big energy. That is your clue that you have crossed over into fat adapted world!!! From there you will continue to become more and more adapted, and will see other improvements in other areas. Many people talk about their endurance levels going up bc they no longer have a " bonk " factor. So many things to look forward to!!
  • azsundancer
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks to all that have participated! This has been a great experience for me and others because of your involvement!

BeLLe- I agree that this can be rough to get into and even now I have lost a lot of my strength and stamina. I know that I will see improvements so I will soldier on. Thanks for all of your support and enthusiasm!

Pwrfl1 - I really appreciate your support through the challenge! 90 lbs is remarkable! I'm glad you are still working on this eating style. I will probably close out this thread and go to the Keto site.

Risyfitforlife89- send me a friend request. I plan on continuing with this eating style for a while!

Mary

Thanks for having me.. it was eye opening! I will be more mindful with the carbs now, for sure. Dang.. I hope it picks up .. you need to keep swing those KB! :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Mary, it's fairly typical you felt your strength go down....and it will probably be lower for a few more weeks. The good thing is, if you continue on the keto path, you will start to feel that strength burst through and gain some big energy. That is your clue that you have crossed over into fat adapted world!!! From there you will continue to become more and more adapted, and will see other improvements in other areas. Many people talk about their endurance levels going up bc they no longer have a " bonk " factor. So many things to look forward to!!

Thanks! Now I know what fat adapted means! I definitely look forward to the energy coming back. I am excited at the many other things to look forward to including weight loss!
  • azsundancer
    Options

Thats good to know!
  • pwrfl1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mary, another clue to Fat Adaptation is when you're not hungry for hours after a workout. I also will go through periods where I seem to loose inches at a rapid rate but not show any losses on the scale.